Good Idea for an Addon.

Okay. So i played some wow today.. and i found out that i wanted to look at some nice Keybinding ways on the internet.
    I searched for a lot of them, but didn't fnd anything that looks like very good after all.. I have never programmed Addon for wow. But this is the idea

Addon that
    • Have different types of Keybindings
    • Pre-Loaded, Changed in a custom Menu
    • Different types made for maybe PVE/PVP/LongFingers/ShortFingers
    • Ability to create custom "Profiles" aka Keybindigs and Save them for later.
    • Keybinding "GetUsedToo" or something.. Little program that helps you to get used to the current set of Keybindings by having a gui which post a random Spell, which of course is on one of those bindings. And make you to push it as fast as possible.. In the end gives you a overall rating so you can get used to the type of keybindings.
    • Give you a suggestion on Set of Keybindings out from the results of a test from the "GetUsedToo" part.
    • Also gives suggestions after what type of class your toon is.

These ideas are clean thoughts.. So anything could change.

Only problem is that it need to be programmed in LUA specifically for World of warcraft.

Anyone have any idea of where i could learn such thing to start creating a project like this.. Don't want books which are many houndred pages long. But something to get me started to learn.

Deleted
    Doing a bit of browsing through curse i found a couple of addons which do most of your requirements:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/profiles-keyboard-binds
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/keybindviewer

All you would need is to bind it all together and add a ui changing option, there could be some better options, try looking through this list.

http://www.curse.com/search?type=add...wow&search=key

I guess there is some addons which are pretty alike.. I did not know that.

But how would i go throught if i want to start creating something like this ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miikalsen View Post
    Okay. So i played some wow today.. and i found out that i wanted to look at some nice Keybinding ways on the internet.
    I searched for a lot of them, but didn't fnd anything that looks like very good after all.. I have never programmed Addon for wow. But this is the idea

Addon that
    • Have different types of Keybindings
    • Pre-Loaded, Changed in a custom Menu
    • Different types made for maybe PVE/PVP/LongFingers/ShortFingers
    • Ability to create custom "Profiles" aka Keybindigs and Save them for later.
    • Keybinding "GetUsedToo" or something.. Little program that helps you to get used to the current set of Keybindings by having a gui which post a random Spell, which of course is on one of those bindings. And make you to push it as fast as possible.. In the end gives you a overall rating so you can get used to the type of keybindings.
    • Give you a suggestion on Set of Keybindings out from the results of a test from the "GetUsedToo" part.
    • Also gives suggestions after what type of class your toon is.

These ideas are clean thoughts.. So anything could change.

Only problem is that it need to be programmed in LUA specifically for World of warcraft.

Anyone have any idea of where i could learn such thing to start creating a project like this.. Don't want books which are many houndred pages long. But something to get me started to learn.
    This part is probably the only part you would want to develop.

Most of the time, players use the same keybinds for similar effects, for example I have a self-defensive cooldown on § (Mac Icon for Next to 1) and F1,F2,F3 & F4 are my primary cooldowns.

However there are times when F,E,Q,T,V,C and such must change function, and so this type of thing would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Miikalsen View Post
    Keybinding "GetUsedToo" or something.. Little program that helps you to get used to the current set of Keybindings by having a gui which post a random Spell, which of course is on one of those bindings. And make you to push it as fast as possible.. In the end gives you a overall rating so you can get used to the type of keybindings.
    there was an addon that did exactly this, it would flash icons on the screen to what your keybinds are and if you hit it, you get points depending on how fast and if it was the correct button. but i cant remember what it was called

Yeah i know what you mean.

But i have never programmed a Addon for anything really. So i need some kind of basis on how i can get started. Where i should start looking..

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    there was an addon that did exactly this, it would flash icons on the screen to what your keybinds are and if you hit it, you get points depending on how fast and if it was the correct button. but i cant remember what it was called
    GridCantStophealing?

(it's listed as experimental and maybe also outdated though)

Edit: nvm, doesn't seem to be what you were describing

Here's CurseForge's list of resources for new addon authors, this should be a good place to start.