Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    This is all you have to say. Leave out all of that other biased bullshit out of the door.

Leave my opinion on the game out of the door? Seriously if you don't like other peoples opinions don't read a forum. I dont know how its biased, I am a believer in GW2 so have nothing against Anet.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Leave my opinion on the game out of the door? Seriously if you don't like other peoples opinions don't read a forum. I dont know how its biased, I am a believer in GW2 so have nothing against Anet.
    Yeah sure. I saw your post before the edit. After your edit you added some things to say how much you hated it. We get it, you hate the game, you don't have to write a novel on how much you hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Leave my opinion on the game out of the door? Seriously if you don't like other peoples opinions don't read a forum. I dont know how its biased, I am a big believer in GW2 so have nothing against Anet.
    You can say your opinion, just realize you know nothing about the game if you weren't able to get past trial. For all you know the trial is bad. And I can agree with that. But don't judge the game based on the trial.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    You can say your opinion, just realize you know nothing about the game if you weren't able to get past trial. For all you know the trial is bad. And I can agree with that. But don't judge the game based on the trial.
    Ill take my leave from this thread, people can never take negative opinion well, the trial is the hook, it gets the players to carry on playing, its a big deal, clearly my view is limited to those few hours i played, sometimes thats enough to judge a game sometimes its not, if someone had come in and said they played wow for 3-4 hours and didnt like it, id say very well thats your choice, I wouldnt go bashing them on there opinion like others have in here (altho im sure others would). Jab removed for you Dooze Bye
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-06-19 at 06:28 AM.

You had to get that last jab in there didn't you?

I don't know ... I agreed with him that the trial is bad which is the only portion of the game he tried. But apparently I didn't agree with him enough

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

As others have said, it's cosmetics only. It's also a very weird game by MMO standards, and honestly the gameplay feels painfully dated these days. I played it at release, had a blast, and put it down for 6 years. Came back a week ago and am slowly puttering around trying to complete the campaigns and HoM, since I've got nothing better to do right now anyway.

It's a little confusing for newbies as it's not an EQ1 reskin like 99% of MMOs out there, but - especially with the free trial so you can see if it's fun - it's worth a shot. Especially if you care about cosmetic fun stuff or the lore that set the stage for GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You can access Borleas Station which takes you tor GWEN from any of the major cities, irrc. There is connecting portal in KC and Istan, i believe.

Basically you just take the Asura subway to the Norn area. There is the HOM w/ Gwen staring in the pool and stuff.
    You need to get up to level 12 or so IIRC to do the quest chain that opens the Asura gate to Borleas.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    You can't create an EoTN character like you can a proph, NF or Factions one. You take an existing character there by grabbing a quest in LA.
    You can go there as soon as you can get to LA.....and you get a boon that increases ur stats to that of a lvl 20, so you don't need to be mac level when you go. Also, you get heroes as soon as you go there.

However, I recommend not doing EoTN first. Some of the later quests are quite hard without the proper skills. I'm looking at you Cynder the fing mountain heart.
    I was hoping to jump into EoTN in a few weeks to a month, am I being too optimistic?

Deleted
    vibrantviolet:
    When you it lvl10 you can get a quest from the major cities to go to eye of the north ( you should go at lvl10 to get 3 new heroes)
    Doing the 3 major quest lines there gives you tapestries to put in your HOM.
    if you need help on the quest just poke me - IGN shu akihime/ shu ganma.
    normally im on at evenings EU time :P

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    I was hoping to jump into EoTN in a few weeks to a month, am I being too optimistic?
    Depends on how much you play Depending on which campaign you want to start from, you can get there relatively easily, but as Squirrel says, having more skills will make your life easier. On the other hand, you can always head to EotN, then head back to the other campaigns if you find you need different skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

What do you mean by "jump in"? Provided you can reach the port towns, can start/stop the campaigns at any point. Like once you have access to the subway, can start doing EOTN right away. And drop it to finish up other areas at any point too.

Easy to go back and forth through all 4 campaigns. It's kinda more efficient too in terms of grabbing Heroes/Skills/Opening the map.

Do I go to Lion's Arch? I do have a level 13 necro there currently.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/What_Lies_Beneath
    That'll take you to EotN from Lion's Arch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Do I go to Lion's Arch? I do have a level 13 necro there currently.
    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Eye_of_the_North#Access

^^ Any of those 3 NPCs give you a quest to the underworld/Asura subway.

Basically you just fight some easy mobs, jump in the hole and ride the subway.

Deleted
    Ice crown and Fellblade is all I need!

Sweet, thanks to everyone who helped me out.

Deleted
    I recommend you to watch the videos of Woodenpotatoes

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is still decent, you just need a couple of friends to do it with, the whole hero management + skills/builds is a pretty complex barrier to entry, having rl people playing with you helps with that.

Just don't expect to get 30/30 HoM easy or quickly, it's not going to happen, lol.