Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'd say the Half-Life Universe... but it kinda gets fixed in Half-Life 2, just the thought of an alien empire that can beat all of Earth's Armies in 7 hours without the use of weapons of mass destruction installing an over-watch on Earth and turning humans into slaves (somewhat)
    If you are reading this, Congratulations you have nothing better to read

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Marioworld. Imagine the headaches from jumping up and hitting brick squares to stay alive...
    He actually hits the block with his hand.

I know.

I haven't looked through the whole thread yet (yes, I'm lazy enough to not read 3 pages), but...

Mine. Craft.

*TERROR*

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I would have to say Silent Hill. It doesn't have the constant danger or sheer depravity of some other universes, but there's always constant anxiety, the knowledge that your world could crumble in on itself at any moment, where you don't really know what's real and what your splintering mind is projecting, and you can never be sure if you should be fearing for your life or your sanity. And it's not even the monsters or the demented world changes, but rather the unknown that both terrifies and drives you. Just playing the game really wears you out, so actually living in it would be horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
    Even though it would probably render me insane, I really would like to know how it feels to sit in & be synced with an Eva.

..although I'm not sure if you're talking about Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    I am, and knowing what an Eva is, I think it would be a very unsettling experience. It'd probably be pretty neat still... until you had to use the thing, or it went berserk, or one of the psychopaths leading the operation cracked. Eva's world is the mind-rapetrain and everybody's invited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Amnesia... that game is terrifying.

Harry Potter Battle of Hogwarts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer 40k if you're Human. You get conscripted when you're a kid, given a lasgun and stuck in front of the regular soldiers to be used a meat shield and if you're lucky not to get shot by a freakin Bolt gun round or torn apart by a tyranid, you work your way into the regular army, where you spend the rest of your shitty life flying around the galaxy fighting diseased chaos space marines or kid napped by dark eldar to be used as sex slaves

Id much rather be an Eldar or Tau, those guys seem to live the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Warhammer 40k if you're Human. You get conscripted when you're a kid, given a lasgun and stuck in front of the regular soldiers to be used a meat shield and if you're lucky not to get shot by a freakin Bolt gun round or torn apart by a tyranid, you work your way into the regular army, where you spend the rest of your shitty life flying around the galaxy fighting diseased chaos space marines or kid napped by dark eldar to be used as sex slaves

that's why i can't give Warhammer 40k the ultimate nod. some races have alright lives.
    it's only a crapsack for certain people.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post

Tau might live the good life, but Eldar? Not so much. Their whole society is based on living as merely an aspect of the whole person at any given time (the Warriors are only one form of Aspect, as are Seer and Farseer). The reason is because that giving in to their passions created a frakking Chaos God once already, and now the souls of the entire Eldar race belong to Slannesh, and when they die, they are consumed by it unless they manage to get the soul into a spiritstone instead. They restrain their passions partly to avoid that ever happening again, and partly because they are disgusted by what happened to the survivors who DON'T restrain their passions: the Dark Eldar.

Anyway, yeah, they live knowing that one of the setting's Satan variants WILL devour their soul upon death unless they take special steps.

Which brings to mind - the Exterminatus that was performed during Dawn of War II: Retribution? It cracked the Infinity Circuit - basically a gigantic spiritstone - for a craftworld. Every one of the millions - or billions, perhaps - of souls contained within was lost to Slannesh when that happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Warhammer universe would be bloody horrible, Chaos, Tyranids, Necrons etc. I would hate any zombie apocalypse style universe as well. Living (for me not that long) and dying in terror (and pain).

Any world with horror elements, like really scary ones.

I could handle zombies though, sure I'd be terrified, but I love zombie movies!

As for best? Travelling around the universe finding different planets and species would be fun so starwars / mass effect seems pretty damn cool. Another area that fascinates me are fantasy medieval worlds, maybe not WoW, but LotR or maybe elder scrolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Diablo.
    I'd be right at home in Silent Hill setting and a better shot then the guy you get to control lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Anything that's not Pokemon.
    The Pokémon world would be quite so terrifying if it became reality. Think of it, military use of Pokémons, Outlaws using them, dictators using them. Wouldn't a Charizard be quite the ideal weapon for an air attack? A Haunter would be quite efficient at robbing a bank as it is known to be able to fade in and out of our vision. It's quite frankly very scary that even a 10 year old kid can catch these ''weapons'' and do with them as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Probably Amnesia... that game is terrifying.
    The events that take place in Amnesia are only inside Castle Brennenburg in England, there's probably only very few of those monsters to exist anyways. As long as those few monsters could be kept in the castle we should be quite safe.

Deleted
    Being human in 40K would suck ass. D=

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    The Pokémon world would be quite so terrifying if it became reality. Think of it, military use of Pokémons, Outlaws using them, dictators using them. Wouldn't a Charizard be quite the ideal weapon for an air attack? A Haunter would be quite efficient at robbing a bank as it is known to be able to fade in and out of our vision. It's quite frankly very scary that even a 10 year old kid can catch these ''weapons'' and do with them as they please.
    The pokemon world isn't a war/criminal-obsessed one. A 10 year old kid took down the mafia using pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    The pokemon world isn't a war/criminal-obsessed one.
    Yeah, when I mean Pokemon world, I mean Pokemon World, not our world with Pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Disgaea/Makai Kingdom universe would be pretty awful to live in. It doesn't matter which netherworld you find yourself in; all of your prospective overlords are terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    dbz universe

my home planet randomly destroyed by, freiza, angry broly, majinn buu, baby, baby planting a microbe in me, majin buu absorbing me, cell eating me, androids murdering me, vegeta and nappa blowing up my city, raditz killing my farmer bff,