Thread: Alchemy bonus

Alchemy bonus

Every profession has a bonus (in 4.3 it is ~ +80 to main stat or 480 with cooldown). Alchemists get this bonus by mixology with flask and by +80 endless elixir.

It is really annoying to lose a bonus when you want to use some elixir(in example Catseye Elixir). In additional, alchemists get more benefit from mixology than other.
    So I think that it will be great if mixology will give bonus as +80 passive(or more in MoP) only (like enchanters or inscriptors).

P.S. Of course alchemy will lose its peculiarity, but it will be more comfortable for people. What are you think about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, being an alchemist myself, it's really underwhelming, bonus wise.
    As for Endless flask, never used it, since it can't stack with the +300 flasks..
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Alchemy is in my opinion the second best profession bonus in the game. (first being eng due to things like speed boost).

Alch has endless flask to get the same +80 as any other prof, but you don't have to re-gemm/re-enchant an item if you get an upgrade (ie : forge gloves, or cally sholders). So that's a plus.
    In any situation were you would want a flask (read : raiding) mixology gives you the same bonus as other profs, but on top of that you get double time a flask = 4h guild caldron flasks. Usually that means after a raid night you still have a little time on your first flask, and you still have an other 4h flask in your bags: free 4h flask for watever soloing/dungeoning/pvping you want to do, now or the next time you log in!
    And you do NOT lose the bonus with elixirs, it just gets adapted to whatever elixir you are using. A 225 mastery elixir of the master gives you 300 mastery (if memory serves)
    The first tier trinket, extra procs on elixir/flasks/pots are just icing on the already delicious cake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    Alchemy is in my opinion the second best profession bonus in the game. (first being eng due to things like speed boost).

Alch has endless flask to get the same +80 as any other prof, but you don't have to re-gemm/re-enchant an item if you get an upgrade (ie : forge gloves, or cally sholders). So that's a plus.
    In any situation were you would want a flask (read : raiding) mixology gives you the same bonus as other profs, but on top of that you get double time a flask = 4h guild caldron flasks. Usually that means after a raid night you still have a little time on your first flask, and you still have an other 4h flask in your bags: free 4h flask for watever soloing/dungeoning/pvping you want to do, now or the next time you log in!
    And you do NOT lose the bonus with elixirs, it just gets adapted to whatever elixir you are using. A 225 mastery elixir of the master gives you 300 mastery (if memory serves)
    The first tier trinket, extra procs on elixir/flasks/pots are just icing on the already delicious cake.
    This basically, alchemy offers the same custamisation that jc's and bs's can have when its comes to buffs in different stats, since as its been said, it affects elixers not just flasks.
    plus the real benefit is a 40min growth elixer compared to a 20min

Quote Originally Posted by Checkem View Post
    plus the real benefit is a 40min growth elixer compared to a 20min
    This! A million times, this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Yeah, being an alchemist myself, it's really underwhelming, bonus wise.
    As for Endless flask, never used it, since it can't stack with the +300 flasks..
    Endless Flask = Arena, Battlegrounds, Dungeons etc, amazing to have.

How is it underwhelming? It's probably the best bonus wise in the game lol.

Have noticed on my mage I haven't been getting the +80 when I consume a flask I crafted, anyone know why this could be?

How do you know you're not getting the +80? It doesn't show up in the tool tip, but you should see your Int increase (by 380) on your character sheet, with a flask.

I figured it would appear on the tool tip, but appears not to be the case. I'll check the character stats thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post

Agreed, also can use Flask of Enhancement right when you hit lvl 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimation2g View Post
    I figured it would appear on the tool tip, but appears not to be the case. I'll check the character stats thank you.
    That's a common mistake... I had to prove wrong countless of guildies with this : yes it's not on the tooltip but it's on the character sheet.
    The x2 bonus time is amazing and that alone makes it one of the best profession in the game. (If I read well, we won't have cauldrons anymore in MoP)
    And in the first tier of a Xpack, you have an amazing epic trinket (those are usually not that easy to loot) and a bonus on potion (40% more mana or health iirc)... as a healer I really value that.
    And it's the easiest crafting profession to level to 525... And, you can do thing like true-gold x2 or x4 if you're lucky...

From a raiding PoV and a gold PoV it's really really great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post

Exactly what I was about to say.