[Bio] Rayin Lightsong

Name: Rayin Lightsong

Race: Blood elf

Languages: Thalassian, Common, and broken orcish and gutterspeak

Class: Priestess

Faction: None

Personality: Motherly yet quiet, Rayin is the personification of a priestess. She always completes her studies promptly and with the most thought and effort she can possibly put forth into them. She is diligent and kind, mysterious and elegant. She does, however, get nervous around new people, but quickly warms up. Often, she ends up with her foot in her mouth, but is able to laugh if off in the end, even if she does turn beet red in embarrassment.

Likes/Dislikes: She absolutely loves learning anything new, be it history or math, a language or a new way to heal someone. She likes freshly baked bread and the smell of the air after it rains. She has a fear of sailing, hearing horror stories of boats trying to pass through the maelstrom. She also dislikes rude, or willfully ignorant people.

Appearance: Standing at 5'7", Rayin has light blonde hair that falls just past her shoulder blades. She often keeps it loose, but if it starts to bother her she will twist it up into a bun. Her attire is along the lines of the picture, except her robes are a fiery red than purple. Her weapon of choice is a long staff that is curved at the top with a gently glowing golden ball of energy on top of it. This ball of energy is pure holy light, which she can draw upon in only dire situations. It empowers her to be able to cast very powerful spells, but at the cost of her own personal life energy. When she uses it, she gets very tired, and even passes out occasionally. Her eyes glow a light green, and her left eyebrow is pierced with a simple golden hoop. Around her waist is a small yet sharp dagger. She also has a thin golden necklace with a small pendant on it. The pendant is just a few swirls and circles, nothing intricate.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Since she is a priestess, she has very little melee combat training, and can get into some sticky situations if any enemy gets too close to her. She also has a problem concentrating on any sort of fighting for very long, as her natural instinct is to help heal the wounded and make sure that they are okay. Playing off of that weakness, though, is her spell casting strength. She has never encountered a wound that was too great for her to heal, and she has put a lot of effort into learning how to cast other holy spells on her foes. She also is very protective of her friends and allies, willing to do almost anything to ensure their safety and comfort.

History: ~Will be added later~
    Last edited by Jordaen; 2012-06-27 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Fail on my part
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Solid Bio, just a few little pointers. In combat RPs you can heal far and few inbetween. So you might not be able to play your biggest strength to its full potential.

And a little tip aside from the Bio, we usually use imgur.com as imagehost since it provides no bandwidth limits afaik and has all kinds of formatted links ready after your upload.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    Solid Bio, just a few little pointers. In combat RPs you can heal far and few inbetween. So you might not be able to play your biggest strength to its full potential.

And a little tip aside from the Bio, we usually use imgur.com as imagehost since it provides no bandwidth limits afaik and has all kinds of formatted links ready after your upload.
    This is true on both counts. Healing is something that takes a lot of concentration, and isn't something one can do in combat very well. The majority of healing done is after combat is over. There are certain spells which are more viable during combat, like wards (or in the case of in-game variant, power word: shield)

And imgur is boss. Very little hastle with it, and it has an archive of funny pictures I tend to browse when bored. Awesome site.

Hmmm..I did not know that. Maybe I can just be powerful with holy spells, then, and be able to smite the might adversary. Is there a site that lists all of the general tips for roleplaying? I couldn't find it here on MMO champ. I read the etiquette on fighting but it didn't really mention healing. I saw that there were "classes" for spell casters, how do I get into one of those?
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Healing wasn't something that we thought of when we made the guide... though I suppose I should add it in, maybe go through a bunch o' stuff and update it.

And those classes aren't really happening that much anymore. The thread they were happening in didn't do very well. Khor's RP's bound to have some fighting in it, and we can say if you're doing something wrong. Plus, I've got this thing that I'm working on editing and once it's done I can link it to ya.

Okay, thank you I appreciate the help very much

She's so beautiful.......

Sorry. Great Bio.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Luls thanks Mexy

You're welcome )
    Pyromaniac protégé.

On topic of RP combat classes, one of that threads happened but it derailed rather fast, since we got carried away by a story basically. But if you are still interested we could do a little bit of Training on IRC if you feel you would like some practice up front.

Generally, for myself, the better you describe your attack/cast the more impact it will have if you are fighting someone. I always point to a brawl I had with trulte way back, it was one of the few player vs player fights I did on the forum and I think it turned out rather well: link

But as Madgod said, for heavy healing we don't have a guide yet. Maybe something to correct in the near future.

15+ Year Old Account
    my druid is mostly healing, as he is resto, but i appreciate that heals can make the party OP in RP terms, so until a guide appears, or someone tells me otherwise, i most use my "healing" spells to rejuvinate and envigorate, more of a replenishing energy type of spell than fixing mortal wounds. I often use barkskin on myself, I've not yet moved into the realms of casting such a spell on other people.

for your character possibly RP it more as a disc priest, more shielding and holy dps, using smite, holy fire and pennance etc? can probably have some fun with archangel too =D

I'd hate to derail a Bio page, but since we have more dedicated healers now it would be appropriate to work out a healing in RPs guide I think. With Khor I have explicitly listed his inapt healing powers as weakness because of that I must admit.