• Yes

240 60.45%
  • No

157 39.55%
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Is D3 worth buying?

Right, buying D3 has been on the cards for a little while now, and after reading through a fair few threads obout D3 the MMOC community seems to be in mixed opinion about the game, making it hard for me to decide.

I've played Titan Quest and have been playing it recently so i know what the score is when it comes to dungeon crawlers, but is it really worth the £40 that i would have to pay in a shop?

Also anyone who has played titan quest and D3 i would like to know which you prefer out of the two.

Deleted
    when you hate grinding - NO

diablo is and was always a grinder - a lot ppl ignore it and jumped on the hype and call it now a shittie game

but for me - ye - its worth the money

Personally I regret purchasing it. It felt so short and being an Australian player the lag can be a pain at times.

The dungeon crawling and grinding is fun but theres just something about it that annoys me. I'll probably log in for 15mins a week to try get back into it and give up again. It's simply just let me down.

Actually reinstalled Titan quest as i enjoyed it so much and wanted another good dungeon game. So sad that the company went bankrupt they planned on a 3rd Titan quest game

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    about 3 weeks after i bought d3 i was introduced to LoL by a friend and i havent played or even logged in to d3 since. i do regret buying it but oh well. maybe ill get bored of something and play it

If you like Titan Quest then you'll probably like D3. You'll probably get 100+ hours of fun play. Just don't expect years and years of play like D2 fans were expecting.

Yes it is, IF and ONLY IF D3 is the kind of game for you... don't just buy it because of all the hype like a lot of kids did and then came here and started whining...

If you find it under 20$ then go for it. Over 40 - 60... no way.

Its very short game with very very poor replayability. Even tho Blizzard is acting like hell - inferno are new content... it really isn't. The only thing added is dmg and health multipliers. WOrth absolutly zero in terms of story or value.

I would say to continue with Titan quest and get mods or wait for Torchlight 2, Both games allow mods which extend the life of the game.

No. Save your money and buy tl2. It 1/3 the cost and is 10x the game. D3 fails in every possible aspect. Good story? Nope Replayability? Nope Decent graphics? Nope.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-06-19 at 12:59 AM.

Depends, do you like the ranged or melee archetypes?

Melee - If you like torturing yourself

Ranged - If you like kiting

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Chances are if you are unsure about buying it you probably wont enjoy it. Titan quest seemed to have a tonne more content than D3 does and I quite enjoyed Titan quest. D3 gets stale very quickly and the group play is no where near as good as it should have been.

I find it good personally, it's exactly what I expected to be, beside the thingy Belial is way harder then Diablo itself (or least I perceive it as that). Also, Inferno might be annoying if you're playing solo due to loads of death during the progress.

But it's up to you, I played TQ as well, and D1, D2, now D3 - even my game is still WoW, D3 is exactly what I expected to be. But beware, you can be lucky as hell, or you can be me :P got zero good items, and my friend got 3m worth boots while lvling in inferno act 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say yes. I'm having a TON of fun as a Demon Hunter.

And if you have enough money, buy TL2 as well when it comes out. Dungeon crawler overload.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say it is not worth 60 dollars at all. Just my opinion though.

Good for a couple of days but i wouldn't pay for it at all. Only if it was reduced to a fiver or something xD

It could've been much much better than it is, and I hope it will as time goes on, but for now I'd say it is definitely worth the 60 dollars. Don't expect miracles though.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Wait for a price drop or when the expansion comes

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    about 3 weeks after i bought d3 i was introduced to LoL by a friend and i havent played or even logged in to d3 since. i do regret buying it but oh well. maybe ill get bored of something and play it
    I used to play LoL; and then I found this game called Dota 2.
    LoL is like Dota 2 dumbed down, for me LoL doesn't even compare anymore. Especially not since Darius.

Deleted
    Finding it great fun, especially as a witch doctor.

Definatly worth it if you're not a lazy bum and like to grind like a boss.

Yes. If you are prepared for 20 - 30 hours of a linear story that is pretty awesome, than you won't be disappointed. If you enjoy the grind that is replaying on harder level. Bonus.