Poll: Worst Blizzard Game?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blackthorne and Lost Vikings are my 2 least favorite games tbh, they just kinda felt clunky to me.

Starcraft 1. The Terran campaign almost killed the story.

Since there's no 'none':

Started with Diablo 2 and Starcraft every game I tried from them since was great.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

10+ Year Old Account
    Something about SCII sets me off sometimes. The gameplay is fine in some points, but it feels like "rush" is the only point of playing multiplayer, when in the old game, yes you had rush games, but you could still turn those around and extend the match a good amount to have a good match to play.

Now if you get into a multiplayer match, if you don't get vespene rolling you're fucked out of the gate for the most part. Just doesn't feel like a "Sequel" to the Starcraft franchise. ( I know I am going to get a ton of flak for that, but IDGAF, thats my take on the game)

I don't consider any of their original titles that were from before WC 1 as noteworthy to be bad games, as they were from the studio's infancy years, of which were in the late 80's-90's transition period, and most of those titles were fine based on the time frame they were created in.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I vote diablo. Then SC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    That seems to be reverse logic in my opinion. If it is brand new, then wouldn't it be MORE favorable before everyone has tired of it?
    This isn't a poll for who likes vs dislikes Diablo 3 (in which case your logic would make sense). This is a poll listing a whole heap of old, popular Blizzard titles and one newer title that many people have recently tired of and are currently in the process of complaining about on the forums. The older titles have the advantage of nostalgia not to mention actually having much longer on the market and in an environment without the "entitled gamer" attitude. D3 does not have these advantages.

Are we counting platform adaptions? One of the early fighting games would probably be the best choice in that case. Also, we're apparently not counting expansions, since otherwise the expansion to warcraft II would have been a good choice.

The game I enjoy the least is Starcraft II (which I still like), but that's because I'm a story person. From a purely technical standpoint, it would probably have to be lost vikings II, which was still a damn enjoyable game nevertheless.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Skelington never liked the Starcraft games out of the poll options. Seeing this poll makes him a bit more glad he didn't bother with Diablo 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    This isn't a poll for who likes vs dislikes Diablo 3 (in which case your logic would make sense). This is a poll listing a whole heap of old, popular Blizzard titles and one newer title that many people have recently tired of and are currently in the process of complaining about on the forums. The older titles have the advantage of nostalgia not to mention actually having much longer on the market and in an environment without the "entitled gamer" attitude. D3 does not have these advantages.
    I doubt many here have played Diablo 1 or Warcraft 2. Your argument makes sense, but I think it has diminishing returns the further back the games go.

easy, its D3 . Doesnt even feel like a Blizzard game.

Starcraft 2. The gap between my expectations and the final result was so large.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I don't consider any of their original titles that were from before WC 1 as noteworthy to be bad games, as they were from the studio's infancy years, of which were in the late 80's-90's transition period, and most of those titles were fine based on the time frame they were created in.
    I think games like Death & Return of Superman and Justice League Task Force were pretty sub-par if you compare them to the competition at the time.

Wasn't Lost Vikings 2 outsourced to some other developer under Interplay's wing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaidog View Post
    easy, its D3 . Doesnt even feel like a Blizzard game.
    It feels exactly like Diablo 2 (to its discredit, being over a decade later).

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 02:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    I think games like Death & Return of Superman and Justice League Task Force were pretty sub-par if you compare them to the competition at the time.

Wasn't Lost Vikings 2 outsourced to some other developer under Interplay's wing?
    They were subpar -as was WC1 imo -but most videogames sucked back then, even in the context of the times. Furthermore, I think it's fair to say that Blizzard hadn't figured out a working formula yet, and was still in a primordial state of "not the great company they have been more recently". It was a different Blizzard. I think the omissions are fair, especially since the first title of their main franchise was excluded.

Blizzard isn't known for any of those games.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-06-19 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post

True, but like I said, this was part of Blizzard's infancy titles, it wasn't until Orcs and Humans that they actually started making their own independent titles. Most of the games before then were commissioned by another company IIRC. (Save for Lost Vikings, and Rock N' Roll Racing)
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Its cool not to like new games.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I doubt many here have played Diablo 1 or Warcraft 2. Your argument makes sense, but I think it has diminishing returns the further back the games go.
    Which is part of the reason why the poll's information will be inaccurate.

Combined with the fact that people who have a gripe with something are insurmountably more likely to post rather than people who are happy with the game.

Personally I enjoyed D3, however I became bored of it pretty quickly after finishing Normal. This doesn't mean it's a bad game (in my eyes anyway) because I really enjoyed that first play through, however the replayability of the title just doesn't seem to be there. Previous Diablo titles also suffered from this problem, however I believe rose tinted glasses have a way of making people forget this.

I don't think any of the games is bad, but clearly one has to be the worst of the bunch, I was just honestly curious as to if pressed which Blizzard game falls short of the rest.

I left out all games outside of their core 3 franchises for that reason too. The poll is much more interesting when you only include blockbuster games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    I don't think any of the games is bad, but clearly one has to be the worst of the bunch, I was just honestly curious as to if pressed which Blizzard game falls short of the rest.

I left out all games outside of their core 3 franchises for that reason too. The poll is much more interesting when you only include blockbuster games.
    I agree, I don't think anyone cares if Blackthorn is worse than Superman versus Death.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 02:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    Which is part of the reason why the poll's information will be inaccurate.

Combined with the fact that people who have a gripe with something are insurmountably more likely to post rather than people who are happy with the game.

Personally I enjoyed D3, however I became bored of it pretty quickly after finishing Normal. This doesn't mean it's a bad game (in my eyes anyway) because I really enjoyed that first play through, however the replayability of the title just doesn't seem to be there. Previous Diablo titles also suffered from this problem, however I believe rose tinted glasses have a way of making people forget this.
    It wouldn't make any difference. Not enough people would have played those games to detract from all the votes D3 has received. And even if that were somehow not the case, D3 would still be leading the other major franchise titles.

You can't reasonably blame the poll. You only have the voters to blame.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-06-19 at 02:25 AM.

Warcraft 3. Where as all the rest on the list feel revolutionary or iterative to perfection, WC3 is just 'excellent' instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    A lot of opinions and assumptions in there. And you know what they say about those: No one cares.
    You obviously do.