Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    why do these people waste their time on such insignificant "research"? Wtf don't they have anything else to complain about, what's f'ing wrong here?
    Video games are serious fucking business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    im talking TV adverts - should have specified. And yes, yes i have.
    It was a rhetorical question. I'm just agreeing with you and saying that those entire massive structures in our society are geared 90% towards women and only 10% towards men.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    That's the double standards, though, innit? Why is it okay to pressure men into a particular role, while it's not okay to pressure women into one?

Me, I'm just interested to see what each of the groups concludes, and if/how they will proceed with the information to change the game industry.
    Its not pressuring men into a role when it comes to male representation in gaming. A lot of it is wish fulfillment. Most the guys who play video games want to be the hero or the guy who gets the girl.

Never realized video games influence the people who play them and that they should act or try to portray the image of the "hero". I play games to kick ass and chew bubblegum, but hey that's just me. Games are a means to have fun and relax, with some cases being that you get a great story along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Never realized video games influence the people who play them and that they should act or try to portray the image of the "hero". I play games to kick ass and chew bubblegum, but hey that's just me. Games are a means to have fun and relax, with some cases being that you get a great story along the way.
    If you see someone playing God of War you should be very afraid

I'm on my goblin shaman rite now, and wondering where her nice ass and long legs are.. lol ^_^
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    This Project is not about the stereotype of women! It won't have any success.

But it's fun to notice how many men patronize women by donating to that FemFreak or whatever, but the male counterpart, which is JUST as rigid with cliché and stereotypes, hardly recieves anything...

And even worse, alot of women will dump money into it simply to feel better about themselves. In this time where we've FINALLY come somewhat closer to equality, would you begin fucking this up by causing reason to patronize and stupidify yourselves and those around you?!

It may be a VERY interresting subject and all, and I'd watch every episode Femfuck would make, was it not for the money-grubbing, rally-cry behavior of asking for funding for making viral videos like that. Heck, I am quite sure if she made it interresting enough, I'd purchase the videos (I have quite a collection of Psychologically related documentaries about stereotypes) but this E-begging is getting out of hand..

Slap "Feminist" "Racist" or "Slaves" on something and you can raise funds for it these days. By the way, ladies, I think you should earn JUST as much as any man would in any profession of any job. I think you're just as much human as your male counterpart, but you gotta stop acting like you're not by pulling crap like this, OR atleast stop throwing money at people making it worse like FernFart..

We're not 'Video Gaming Men' or 'Video Gaming Women' we're a video gaming SOCIETY. Are there stereotypes that could be interresting to analyze and/or abolish? Hell yeah! But is it worth selling out our credibility of seeking equality by donating money to a free-to-make project? Jebus Cweepus, it makes me sick to watch.

Let's come together instead and work as a consumer base to increase the quality of games. Weither that means standing up for something or not. What WOULD help is if enough people complain to a company that their way of modelling characters is wrong and why you dislike it. If enough people DO that, ANY developer will realize they're making a mistake and work on changing it, it's simple business logic.

The answer is, however, NOT throwing money at Banner-wavers for feminism to give her a nice stash of cash which makes her seem more superior than she is. I LOVE anyone who believes men and women are equal, that stereotypes should be discarded and I frequently take time to write letters to developers about it (Albeit, mostly indie developers as they listen to minorities aswell, because we ARE a minority who's vocal for changes) and I'd suggest you did the same instead of this.

Urgh..

It makes seperation between gender larger and larger and ENFORCES the stereotypes more than defeats them..

Sorry for the rant, it's completely out of my style but BY GOD I am sick of both men and women treating this subject so very, very poorly..

Deleted
    BTW were is her videos? I saw one from bayonetta but it was from another user that had his own comentary to it? this was more then a month ago were is her fallow up videos? she got all that money and noting to show ?