Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crispy raises a valid point. The difference in utilities and traits provide more of a chasm seperating them than mere weapon skills, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elite skill differences and warrior was capable of doing outright insane bust dps bulls rush 1000 strikes
    ranger does not have as much control or surival abiltys in mellee
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    Rifle + ??? warrior, with main focus on rifle in the traits selection, is more than viable, and i gonna say its better than a ranger
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    Based on what?
    Based on his own preferences obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Therier88 View Post
    Yes I have. But of course tooltips don't tell you whole truth.
    If ya like go to youtube.com and search WetpawGaming one word, just a showcase of weapons/skills, this is not a guide to what weapons/skills to use together.720p hd
    I made these at the end of BWE2 with a few hours left for my cousins to match the tooltips w/visual. Uncut, nothing fancy but hopefully a little helpful til you can get your feet wet in game.

and my answer for Q&A hop in the mists, buy (free) everyweapon for both profs and play them out since you will be boosted to 80 w/all traits/skills/elite/weapon skills

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wetworks333 View Post
    If ya like go to youtube.com and search WetpawGaming one word, just a showcase of weapons/skills, this is not a guide to what weapons/skills to use together.720p hd
    I made these at the end of BWE2 with a few hours left for my cousins to match the tooltips w/visual. Uncut, nothing fancy but hopefully a little helpful til you can get your feet wet in game.

and my answer for Q&A hop in the mists, buy (free) everyweapon for both profs and play them out since you will be boosted to 80 w/all traits/skills/elite/weapon skills
    Oh great! I'll check it out!

Hey! I've been watching Guild Wars 2 awhile. Thing what I've been wondering is that I have seen Warrior PVP spec where he uses gun and kills stuff pretty well with it. So if Warrior can play well with ranged weapon what is main difference between Warrior and Ranger?

Does Warror less damage with ranged weapons like bow and gun and Ranger more damage with them? I looked little to Ranger melee weapons some of them have good survival skills so I guess Ranger can't make so much damage with melee weapons than Warrior can with ranged weapons?

In one video where someone played 1 lvl Ranger his main first skill was axe what he throwed and what made some kind of area damage.

So can someone inform me little difference between Ranger and Warrior?
    Pretty much all classes (minus Engineer and Elementalist) you are pretty much suppose to have a melee range type of weapon and a ranged weapon in your weapon swaps, its not like other games where a melee toon has useless range and ranged toons useless in melee range... every class is competent in both, which is not saying they are equal, but competent. Some warriors who know their class will be better at range then rangers, while some rangers who know their class will be better in melee range then warriors... The differences classes between as far as range/melee is what type of buffs/debuffs your (insert random weapon here) applies.

By no means can all the classes be perfectly balanced in melee/range, but compared to how your use to seeing classes they are intentionally not limited to one roll. If you want to play a ranged warrior you can, if you want to play a melee ranger you can, in fact last BWE I actually enjoyed playing a melee ranger more then using ranged weapons... Min/maxers will obviously want class x to play a certain way for, well, min/maxing... but for those who are not concerned with squeezing out that extra 10 dps out of x thousand dps will not be limited to a specific style.

For one, I feel like the ranger is made more for evasiveness and mobility while the warrior is more of a health and armor type of profession. I guess I shouldn't really be posting on this since my beta experience only consists of the ranger haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranger doesn't use shields (WoW joke)

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between Warrior and Ranger?
    Ranger does more melee damage with a greatsword.

How the FUCK does that even make sense!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post

Were you having trouble finding your dodge key?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure what you've just said will be a mainstay insult among GW2 PvP elitists for many years to come.
    Aside from that: the reason why a medium armor class can do ass-loads of melee damage doesn't correlate with a persons dodging skill. One does not simply dodge EVERY attack.
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 2012-07-31 at 01:40 PM.

Keep in mind that an arrow can have range bonus if you shoot from heights

Warrior :
    Rifle - single target | Range : 1200 | No range bonus
    Long bow - AoE | Range : 900 | Range bonus

Ranger :
    Long bow - single target (+1 good aoe) | Range : 1200 | Range bonus
    Last edited by Warex; 2012-07-31 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey! I've been watching Guild Wars 2 awhile. Thing what I've been wondering is that I have seen Warrior PVP spec where he uses gun and kills stuff pretty well with it. So if Warrior can play well with ranged weapon what is main difference between Warrior and Ranger?

Does Warror less damage with ranged weapons like bow and gun and Ranger more damage with them? I looked little to Ranger melee weapons some of them have good survival skills so I guess Ranger can't make so much damage with melee weapons than Warrior can with ranged weapons?

In one video where someone played 1 lvl Ranger his main first skill was axe what he throwed and what made some kind of area damage.

So can someone inform me little difference between Ranger and Warrior?
    Well. Ranger has:
    Pet
    Shouts that do Pet stuff
    Traps
    Spirits
    Survival Skills

Warrior has:
    Burst Skill
    Shouts that buff allies
    Banners
    Physical Skills

And on top of that, they're ranged weapons/melee weapons do different stuff. You're not realistically going to find a situation where one profession is objectively "better" than another in ranged or melee just because of "Oh hey, this is a Ranger. Oh hey, this one's a caster."

All professions are capable of everything, just about.

Quote Originally Posted by Warex View Post
    Ranger :
    Long bow - single target (+1 good aoe) | Range : 1200 | Range bonus
    Isn't it traited to 1500?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-31 at 01:48 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

This is definitely not true. Hundred blades does WAY more dmg than a frenzied Greatsword 1 skill spam.
    Last edited by Alkaholic; 2012-07-31 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Isn't it traited to 1500?
    Warrior and Ranger have the long bow range trait (it's 1200 without trait for the ranger, and 900 for the warrior)
    Last edited by Warex; 2012-07-31 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    Ranger doesn't use shields (WoW joke)
    Isn't it suppose to be Every weapon is a hunter cough I mean rangers weapon....

About the same difference between a warrior and a thief.

Its all about the flavor.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I'm going to be holding onto this, thank you.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

You do know that in BWE3, Ranger's Greatsword damage was heavily nerfed. It was nerfed so hard, that the Ranger's 1 handed sword were doing more damage than the Greatsword, but it does not have the cleave effect.

I'm not sure if you're watching outdated youtube videos or what not, but during BWE3, Ranger's Greatsword damage was really pathetic. Even my Warrior's Greatsword did more auto attack damage than my Rangers and I had better mobility with that weapon + 100h blades.

Both my Warrior and Ranger were specced for as high Melee damage as possible. Ranger Greatsword wasn't even close.

Edit: I have horrible english.
    Last edited by Bonkbonk100; 2012-08-01 at 02:04 AM.