Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    im still laughing at how they havent buffed legendaries yet.. even if we do find a legendary it WONT be buffed till way later.. 1.03 is a huge joke.
    Yeah, they got the tech to nerf all our items, but buff them? Sorry, can't do that, technical limitations yap yap yap.

Quote Originally Posted by okazan View Post
    How major are the repair costs changing to? Just wondering.

Also I think the second change will 'kill' the RMAH / AH only because you CAN get really good act 4 inferno gear in act 1. You won't get it as often in act 3/4 but you will get it. Maybe i'm exaggerating this a bit, but hey, i can't make it past act 2 inferno so maybe i can farm act 1 enough to get to act 3 and 4 so i can personally beat diablo inferno.
    3 deaths = 15k repair vs completely broken gear gosting 7k before total bs

Hell yea finally killed an Act 2 elite pack.

Dropped 2 blues: level 56 and 57 and my repair bill was 18k. I did pass economics so Im pretty sure that by doing a cost benefit analysis I can easily come to the conclusion that this isnt going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsown View Post
    1. Repair cost increase is bs imo.....at least by the 4-6% they were saying.
    It's not bs...I paid about 1,200 gold for a death wipe before...it's now about 4,600, so I'd say it's around 4 times the cost, which really makes me not want to bother progressing through Act 3 until my gear is overkill...making gold might be 'easy' but I need every ounce of gold I can for my gear/nice gems as I'm a barbarian

That being said, if you can already farm act 3 and 4, there is no reason to stop farming, the % chances are significantly higher, and keep in mind that that 1 in 50 ilvl 63 you get from Act 1 is most likely not going to be well-itemized. And based on the amount of items I've gotten over time that are actually well-itemized, it's going to take a lot of luck to get an amazing as shit piece from Act 1.

Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    3 deaths = 15k repair vs completely broken gear gosting 7k before total bs
    yeah, one death costs around 2400 to repair, prior it was only around 617. Mobs seem to be about the same in terms of str, its the Elite Packs with all their B.S affixes that still seem to be the huge problem and to me don't feel like they have really been tweaked. Honestly, I think the only thing the repair cost did was chase a large # of players out of Inferno and Inferno progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Yeah, they got the tech to nerf all our items, but buff them? Sorry, can't do that, technical limitations yap yap yap.
    I reckon the new extra abilties on legendaries won't be set in stone for each item but will draw from another random pool of random affixes and that's why they won't buff legendaries that have already dropped. It would be both technically challenging plus everyone would scream all sorts of "unfair" if they didn't get the affix they wanted or got a "bad one". Nerfing attack speed however, is pretty much just finding attack speed on items present currently and applying the new variables. That's the only way I can see the difference in what they've done.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    It's not bs...I paid about 1,200 gold for a death wipe before...it's now about 4,600, so I'd say it's around 4 times the cost, which really makes me not want to bother progressing through Act 3 until my gear is overkill...making gold might be 'easy' but I need every ounce of gold I can for my gear/nice gems as I'm a barbarian

That being said, if you can already farm act 3 and 4, there is no reason to stop farming, the % chances are significantly higher, and keep in mind that that 1 in 50 ilvl 63 you get from Act 1 is most likely not going to be well-itemized. And based on the amount of items I've gotten over time that are actually well-itemized, it's going to take a lot of luck to get an amazing as shit piece from Act 1.
    Did a few runs in different areas of Act1 which I was doing prior. I have seen a noticeable decrease in blue and yellow drops as a whole and gold seemed to be on the low end and thats not taking into account the 99.9 % nerfs to breakable objects.

Yeah, the overall nerfs are only making this harder. I never got a grey item in act 1, and now like half seem to be grey. Pots/destructibles not dropping gold is a huge loss of gold. Essentially blizzard wants it so that gear drops are the way to get gear, not gold farming etc. Once again, another push towards using the RMAH. Blizz is going to tank their own game to try to make a buck. I for one will not be buying anything in RMAH, and since I got the game for free, the only money they get is my wow fees, which i would have paid anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Yeah, the overall nerfs are only making this harder. I never got a grey item in act 1, and now like half seem to be grey. Pots/destructibles not dropping gold is a huge loss of gold. Essentially blizzard wants it so that gear drops are the way to get gear, not gold farming etc. Once again, another push towards using the RMAH. Blizz is going to tank their own game to try to make a buck. I for one will not be buying anything in RMAH, and since I got the game for free, the only money they get is my wow fees, which i would have paid anyways.
    I noticed this as well. My normal farming spot is dropping hardly any level 60 items. I used to get level 60 items on a regular basis. Blues were about 85% level 60s and rares were probably 60:40 but its act 1 so I was happy with that ratio. But now its like they flip flopped. I farmed for 30 mins doing same boss over and over and almost every blue was Hell quality so I couldnt even salvage it. Not to mention repair costs for melee are retarded. Even if you dont die you spend a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Hell yea finally killed an Act 2 elite pack.

Dropped 2 blues: level 56 and 57 and my repair bill was 18k. I did pass economics so Im pretty sure that by doing a cost benefit analysis I can easily come to the conclusion that this isnt going to work.
    YES BUT WHY AREN'T YOU HAVING FUN?????!?!

Seriously, this patch is pretty awful. As someone who not only doesn't have the gear to even get through act 1 of inferno without many MANY deaths (nor the coin to bankroll it), there's even less incentive to progress than there was as of yesterday. And it's thrilling to see champ packs that don't even drop a single blue. Risk vs reward, and all that good stuff.

Funny

1% got lucky and made millions. bots made billions.

Taxing the middle class is always the solution heh?

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 03:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    YES BUT WHY AREN'T YOU HAVING FUN?????!?!

Seriously, this patch is pretty awful. As someone who not only doesn't have the gear to even get through act 1 of inferno without many MANY deaths (nor the coin to bankroll it), there's even less incentive to progress than there was as of yesterday. And it's thrilling to see champ packs that don't even drop a single blue. Risk vs reward, and all that good stuff.
    This is my question. Where is the fun? Is it only based on a virtual Las Vegas?

Deleted
    Whats interesting in this patch, is the fact Blizzard bandaids for bad concepts, makes the game even worse. Example:

Problem #1: Glass cannon players are zerging at rez spots.
    Solution: Increase repair cost.
    Result: it affects everyone, not just the "problematic crowd"
    Alternative solution: after second death in the time frame of 1-2 minute/s, apply a stacking debuff to the player, that reduces their stats. Debuff would drop off, after 1 minute without any death.

Problem #2: Some players are using MF sets and farming vases, chests, etc.
    Solution: remove any rare drop from said objects
    Result: it affects everyone, that wasn't using MF or camping, and had that "oh cool! a rare from that chest" feeling.
    Alternative solution: just remove MF effects from affecting those objects (they actually did that, but wasn't enough, apparently). Would punish the "campers" and keep rewarding regular players.

Problem #3: Some players have way too much "attack speed" (no idea why this is a problem but...)
    Solution: cut down in half, all amount of "improved attack speed"
    Result: again, it affects everyone in the game, not just the target Blizzard wanted to hit. It lowered the dps of players with 6 items with IAS, but it also lowered the dps of players with just 1 item with IAS.
    Alternative solution: instead of cutting down the stat, add diminishing returns to it. Those who stack, get weaker results, those that dont stack, get full benefit from the stat.

Yet, at the same time, we still have mobs that become immune to any damage, due to buggy animations (Huntress), have classes that have their HP go stay at zero and it wont go up even if you drink a potion or get healed, now have companions de-level back to level 13, have lag across the servers (when it affects everyone in the same team, even when they are in different countries, it IS a problem with Blizzard servers) and a vast amount of bugs and conceptual failure.

Another good example is Demon Hunters. They noticed that Nether Tentacles was too strong. It was a slow travelling "arrow" (its actually an energy ball but you get the idea), that hit several mobs in a strait line. It took its time to get there, but it hit hard. So Blizzard decides to nerf it (fair enough). How? They made it only hit their targets once. So now, its a slow travelling spell, that hit its target once. Why would anyone use it now, when they can have the same kind of spell, but much faster. Again, conceptual failure... the spell became pathetic and useless.

Deleted
    The only thing that they wanted to buff is the use of the RMAH, well played blizzard well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    My Monk still cant kill elites in Act 2
    Repair cost for trying are 25-30k
    Working as intended. Guess I should finally reroll DH.

Also how the hell do I have 800g repair costs every time I do a 2 min treasure goblin run?
    Don't roll a DH. Now that our DPS is nerfed into oblivion we can't kill things fast enough to survive outside of Act 1. Roll a wizard.

So full red was ~12k now its 4k a death. Fully buffed with sharpshooter I went from 175k to 124k. Tested it out and took ages to kill a blue pack in act 3. I say ages but was still pretty fast but jesus its a huge hit. As for survivability you still get globaled. Basically they just want people to buy gear?