Talk to me about AR and your Health Pools...

Ok, I have been trying to build an AR set, but its turning out to be boarderline pointless. Almost all AR gear I see (I am a Barb) on the AH has either great AR and either strength or Vit. Rarely do I find a slot that has anywhere near my current strength OR vit on an item in conjunction with AR. Trying to piece together strengh/AR with vit/AR yeilded me a set of gear that was useless. Pushing ~450 AR with that setup netted me an amazing 38K HP that still enabled me to get nuked when a hit got through.

Currently I am at 58K HP, ~150 AR, 11K DPS. I am at work so I do not know my block/armor #s off the top of my head. I do know my shield is around 1210 armor 21% block, and absorbs ~2K-3700 damage. LoH is probably no more than 3-400 atm.

My question I guess is what are the AR #s most of the barbs are pushing along with their HP#s in order to make any headway in Act 2? I see people posting around 52-55HP with 8-900 AR, and I can not fathom how that is happening w/o them running the ah 24/7. Nothing against that at all, but due to work/getting married the other week, I am just not able to focus on that stuff atm. I have been grinding Act 1 for weeks now, and have yet to get an upgrade other than a one ring. Any help on this is appreciated. It is just annoying not being able to make ANY progress in farming over 2-3 weeks now.

Maybe the patch will make things more tolerable?.?.
    Last edited by Hurpdurp; 2012-06-19 at 05:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Act3 loot. You can pick up pieces with 75+ all resist 'later' in the game. Later in quotation marks because now highest ilvl gear (like Archon Shoulders) has a chance to drop in act1. Look up on Youtube a guy putting together a barb set that he manages to kill act2 and 3 bosses and elites with: million gold challenge. Should give you an idea of how to look for starter survivability gear. (It's not entirely current because Tyreal does 2/3 of the damage in act3, but also, act3 is easier now.) Short version: High block %/value shield, cheap allresist/vit and allresist/str act3 blues.

And yeah from what I'm reading, the patch made things much easier for melee.
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2012-06-19 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurpdurp View Post
    Ok, I have been trying to build an AR set, but its turning out to be boarderline pointless. Almost all AR gear I see (I am a Barb) on the AH has either great AR and either strength or Vit. Rarely do I find a slot that has anywhere near my current strength OR vit on an item in conjunction with AR. Trying to piece together strengh/AR with vit/AR yeilded me a set of gear that was useless. Pushing ~450 AR with that setup netted me an amazing 38K HP that still enabled me to get nuked when a hit got through.

Currently I am at 58K HP, ~150 AR, 11K DPS. I am at work so I do not know my block/armor #s off the top of my head. I do know my shield is around 1210 armor 21% block, and absorbs ~2K-3700 damage. LoH is probably no more than 3-400 atm.

My question I guess is what are the AR #s most of the barbs are pushing along with their HP#s in order to make any headway in Act 2? I see people posting around 52-55HP with 8-900 AR, and I can not fathom how that is happening w/o them running the ah 24/7. Nothing against that at all, but due to work/getting married the other week, I am just not able to focus on that stuff atm. I have been grinding Act 1 for weeks now, and have yet to get an upgrade other than a one ring. Any help on this is appreciated. It is just annoying not being able to make ANY progress in farming over 2-3 weeks now.

Maybe the patch will make things more tolerable?.?.
    150 AR isn't going to make much of a dent. Getting up over 400-500 natural and then using War Cry ---> Impunity puts you up right around where you need to be to do Act I/II without too much trouble. Obviously some mobs are just near impossible unless you spec specifically for them (and lose NV), but that level of AR gives you a good fighting chance.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    600-700 AR + 40k hp plus some reduced damage and 11-12k dps is fine for act 2. i used to have 60k hp and 100 resist on my barb and was dying pretty quickly, then switched it to 700, with shout, and about 42k hp and it was a LOT easier in act 2. so yeah, HP is seriously overrated until you reach a massive amount of resist and it no longer become easy too add much more.

Ill keep checking the old AH then to see what I can find. I will take a look at that guys vid the poster above mentioned as well. I forgot to list my basic setup which is Frenzy, War Cry, Charge, Leap, WotB, Ignore Pain. IP has the 7 second rune, Leap has the armor rune, War Cry is impunity which are the major one I can think of.

I have guildies that have done the Tyreal farm grind but that is in an act I just can not get to just yet. Ill keep grinding when I am tired of the DH I guess.

My barb currently has 800 lowest and around 980 highest resists sitting at 69k health, though I can drop them a little and bump that up to 76k health with a different belt. I've been farming act 3 but cannot beat every single elite pack, that said I've been able to consistantly run 5stack act 3 farms for a while.

This isnt the most current but its relevant to this post, my gear/stats from a few days ago that i've been using to farm act 3, and its slightly better than what I had to beat Diablo Inferno.

In terms of price

Helm : 2.9mil (though my previous was also nice with a socket + str/vit/int/life regen and cost only 1.2m)
    Chest : 100k
    Legs : 200k
    Gloves : 150k
    Weapon : 1.5m
    Pain Prize Ring : 500k

Shield, boots, ring 2, amulet, belt, shoulders, bracers were self found.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-06-19 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    I got act2 on farm with 900 AR (this is with war cry and impunity rune) 38k HP, 11,5k DPS (full fury with zerker rage passive) 28% block - 20% sacred shield and 8% from helm of command . Armor is around 7,5k since im using offensive passives for farming (also offensive abilities that is ofcourse)

Nothing i really cant beat - if the affixes aint too bad i can easily handle 2 champ packs aswell (happens alot in dalghur oasis -,-)

For act3 i slap on a little different gear, i got around same dps, AR goes down a little but my HP goes up to 50k and i can do alright, i run siegebreaker with np.

Running with 1,2k LoH which is totally overkill - if i swap around some rings and my amulet i easil hit 1,1k AR but LoH goes down to 600~ish, which i guess should suffice.

Only thing stopping me from smashing act3 and 4 totally atm is probably my weapon which has a low dps of around 650 =/

Saw a few good buys finally in the AH and dropped about 450K the other night on a few pieces. Swapped out 4 items (still need to do 2 more), and Act 1 farming is MUCH quicker. Boosted my AR (lowest is around 450 w/shout), and dropped HP to 48K. I still get a little antsy on arcane minions. Those freaking cutters still sting hard! Also went 2H instead of S/B. DPS went from 11K to 16K, and now I run BCry/WCry/Leap(armor rune)/IP(time extention rune)/Frenzy/WotB. Typically I can WCry/BCry/Leap/IP/WotB and burn 2 mobs before WotB wears off. Should I be shooting for around 750-800 AR for ACT 2, or with the nerfs is a lower amount feastible now?

Helm is by far my worst item still, but I just can not find anything in my price range to swap with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurpdurp View Post
    Saw a few good buys finally in the AH and dropped about 450K the other night on a few pieces. Swapped out 4 items (still need to do 2 more), and Act 1 farming is MUCH quicker. Boosted my AR (lowest is around 450 w/shout), and dropped HP to 48K. I still get a little antsy on arcane minions. Those freaking cutters still sting hard! Also went 2H instead of S/B. DPS went from 11K to 16K, and now I run BCry/WCry/Leap(armor rune)/IP(time extention rune)/Frenzy/WotB. Typically I can WCry/BCry/Leap/IP/WotB and burn 2 mobs before WotB wears off. Should I be shooting for around 750-800 AR for ACT 2, or with the nerfs is a lower amount feastible now?

Helm is by far my worst item still, but I just can not find anything in my price range to swap with.
    you could just buy a helm of command. for about 200k you can get one with 80str/80 vit, some resistance and the 8% block chance. it's not brilliant but it's really cost effective, imo.