10+ Year Old Account

Question Rate and grade Darced!

Hey guys, as some of you know I've been hosting an RP called, "War of the Greys: Forge of Souls." At first, it looked as if people were rather excited to join, but soon after the introductions only two people have participated. (Which I do appreciate. Thanks Mehman and Mexyragos.
    I was wondering if this RP seems unattractive or hard to follow. Perhaps you guys could rate and comment on it? I'd like to know how I did with my first RP and what I could do for future ones. I plan on doing more that revolve around the Greys, but if no one is interested I may change my ideas.
    Thank you in advance.

Also, the RP is still open. If anyone wants to join in, I can bring you up to speed and we can jump into the Scourge killing!
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-06-19 at 06:12 PM.

Let me just start this off by saying thank you for starting it; I joined these forums very recently, and being as there were little RPing threads to participate in, this and a few others have allowed me to enjoy myself here. I would also like to thank you for mentioning me in a post, because that doesn't happen very often. ;P
    Onwards: I'm very happy to have played in your RP, and I have, so far, thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I must admit though, the fact that you had at least, what, three to four other people post in it, and have yet to return to it? I've seen it a few times as well (such as in Khorianas's Crusader's Pinnacle RP, where I believe the same person, someone who plays a character named Mike Helson-what-you-want-to-call-him) and it doesn't make much sense to me. Alas, I am unsure as how to deal with something like that, and so I wouldn't pay much attention to it.
    As for rating the RP, I rate it a 9/10; the main reason a nine and not ten is because of the lack of people. The plot is excellent, and so far the story has been cruising along very nicely. I would, personally, like to see how the plot involving the Greys proceeds, as it seems like a perfect and dark storyline that I would absolutely participate in.
    As I said before, the lack of people makes a small mark in the rating. Myself and Mehman would enjoy having some company other than the Forsaken (XD) but I can't force anybody to join it, now can I? . I must admit, it is kind of droll having only two non-NPC characters fighting, but it's the way it seems to be right now.
    I will happily continue until the end.

-Mexyragos
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god. This is an awesome comment! Thanks for the feedback. I'd also like to announce that more NPCs will be joining the fight. Also, sorry about the Forsaken thing, originally the Kel'Thuzad scenario was gonna be made apparent later. I promise you a great end to the RP.

Now, about the characters that were left behind. I decided that if they simply arrived and didnt participate it would be as if they melded into the background. Maybe I'll create Forsaken that have similar abilities? I dont know.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'll keep an open ear and mind to suggestions.

Now, any other ideas or comments? Don't be afraid to break my heart..... I have none... :P

Not really, other than the fact that I hope we get more people to join. xD
    Pyromaniac protégé.

The low and fluctuant participation is something you have to live with. It is in no way a comment on your abilites as host of an RP. For me personally I really have to be in the mood to do RP, and I don't want to post sub standard stuff in an RP so I keep quiet for a while if I'm not. And often it is logistically difficult if people live in vastly different tim zones. There are many reasons for people posting slow, and they should be in no way an indicator for a good or bad RP. The people that participate actively are the best measurement, and as it seems you're aces in that department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that is a very good point. Thanks for taking the time to comment, and I'll take this into account. The quality of the experience will be numero uno instead the quantity of the players.

On a note of sillyness cause I have jusy felt a surge of energy....
    No longer shall Darced be sad by the lack of persons, instead Darced will focus on the quality of Darced RP. Me makes people love Darced RP! Me talks in third person, Daaaaaarccceddd!

10+ Year Old Account
    silly Darced, no talking in 3rd person about yourself!

anyways, so far i think it's a really great RP that i can't wait to see the end of. if you continue making RP's this good, i'll continue joining them if i have time

15+ Year Old Account
    i could probably handle another RP, what kinda character you after? horde/alliance? class/race? etc?

can throw something together :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I probably should of said something before now but honestly I kinda fell out of love with the RP simply from the first few postings. You have a great story and your characters are nice but you lack a lot on the actual settings. It's hard to get into it with just the talking. This may just be me but I like to know how you are set up in the town and were people are. What kind of buildings are there and how they differ or are the same, etc, etc.

So I wouldn't say you did a bad job or it wasn't interesting. It just lacked a bit for me to really get into it.

Reading others comments I feel like I'm being mean >.< But I'm really not trying to be! I just like lots of details......

10+ Year Old Account
    Nonfictionless, I felt the very same way. I do need to work on the setting descriptions, but as it stands it would take too long for me to do that. I will practice it though, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Kipling! Jump on a horde character and join us. The Alliance side is just NPCs for now and may come in later. I'll send you a summary of the events, and you can decide if you'd like to join us. Thanks for taking this RP into consideration.

Mehman, Darced will speak about Darced in third person. Darced likes your horsey picture. Darced thinks it cute!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darced View Post
    Nonfictionless, I felt the very same way. I do need to work on the setting descriptions, but as it stands it would take too long for me to do that. I will practice it though, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Kipling! Jump on a horde character and join us. The Alliance side is just NPCs for now and may come in later. I'll send you a summary of the events, and you can decide if you'd like to join us. Thanks for taking this RP into consideration.

Mehman, Darced will speak about Darced in third person. Darced likes your horsey picture. Darced thinks it cute!
    Mehman thanks Darced for his kind words!

I wanna ride the pony!
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha. Any other comments? :P
    Last edited by Darced; 2012-06-20 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    I wanna ride the pony!
    no riding the pony.. and lets stop derailing the thread.. you can make a new thread stating how awsome my ponies are

the concept sounds interresting, but i have no idea how RP would work on a forum. i do tabletop RPG's often and i did chat room Role Playing back in the late 90's, but ive never even seen forum based RPing.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    the concept sounds interresting, but i have no idea how RP would work on a forum. i do tabletop RPG's often and i did chat room Role Playing back in the late 90's, but ive never even seen forum based RPing.
    there's tons of it here

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to join us master Squirrel-man. All thats required is a character (Preferably Horde) and you can jump right in. Let me know so I can give you a PM package with everything you'd need. It's a summary of events along with ideas for how you can join in. Oh, and must like epic things, because we are some of the most elite. :P