Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    Rathrak weapon proc is equal to 800~ dps. Dragonwrath gives ~5k dps, meaning that if you can hit more than 4 targets each time with your rath procs then the damage will be equal, and that's JUST the proc, the additional spell power throws it up over, but its just theory and that's the only fight you would ever consider swapping out even remotely for and it would just be to pad meters.

But when you argue with something, even if you "lol'd" I'd recommend backing it up with data, we talk numbers here not fallible opinions.
    It's not the numbers he laughed at, he was laughing at the ridiculously stupid notion that Spine is an AoE fight.

legendary > lolstaff from hagara > stylegear staff aka rathrak thing

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    To be fair, you would swap it out on AoE fights like... spine... but that's pretty much it. = /
    Yeah, let's do uncontrollable damage to adds that kill you when they die.

Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    It's not the numbers he laughed at, he was laughing at the ridiculously stupid notion that Spine is an AoE fight.
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant to say a fight where there are adds that you can kill in addition to a main target that are up long enough where an Area of Effect spell can be viable during most of the fight. As in, not Ultraxion, Hagara, Morchok, Warlord, Deathwing, Zonoz (only during black glob is AoE needed), or Warmaster... oh wait, so basically only one fight has static multiple adds that spawn often enough to make the weapon viable, adds which must die, adds which are usually tanked away form the amalg and a corruption... in which you must kill... as in for your select roll you'd use AoE abilities over single target until the tendon pops or the amalg needs to die, which is a very small portion of the fight (unless on heroic).

Next time I'll be sure to clarify.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

If you have Rath 416 and Orange stick then it doesnt matter what you use, you're already clearing the content and it's next to impossible to get ranks on any fight now due to the nerfs so just use the orange stick (for no other reason than you have a legendary to use)

I soulburn SoC on Spine all the time and nothing dies :O haters gonna hate!

That being said, Dragonwrath for PvE, Rathrak for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by fulkin View Post
    If you have Rath 416 and Orange stick then it doesnt matter what you use, you're already clearing the content and it's next to impossible to get ranks on any fight now due to the nerfs so just use the orange stick (for no other reason than you have a legendary to use)
    Some fights are still rankable - I still get ranks on a couple specific fights like Ultraxion, Zon'ozz or Spine (when I'm actually allowed to peen).

The thing about ranking nowadays is how raids are tailored and how you do fights - on Yor'sahj I'm 100% sure I'm never going to get a rank there since we usually kill Black oozes most of the time for some weird reason, same with Hagara because we always do a lightning phase first so my initial burst won't be as good, same with Morchok because they love to put me on Morchok because I'm one of the most reliable ranged when it comes to crystal soaking (yay, testing dumb recruits!)

And also because most of the top parses are cheesed by either padding fights (I got a World #35 on Heroic Spine on a day I got allowed to AoE peen by using Cunning and helping on bloods) or raid leaders that just redirect every single buff to a specific person.

Be glad that Warlocks can still naturally peen on some fights though - some specs have it much worse.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2012-06-21 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    I soulburn SoC on Spine all the time and nothing dies :O Liars gonna lie!
    Fixed that for ya. I promise you, the bloods are dying. I'm not saying that as a Warlock, I'm saying it as a Blood Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Fixed that for ya. I promise you, the bloods are dying. I'm not saying that as a Warlock, I'm saying it as a Blood Tank.
    Feel free to check my wow-heroes if you don't believe me :P

But yeah, I exagerated a bit there - I did peen on bloods a couple times, mostly when we were missing key classes to aid them with the damage. And by peening, I mean I was soulburning on cd and using CoC, that's about it. I wasn't going super aoe crazy wild good times on them, that's just stupid.

You people seriously need to relax.

The fact that people need to help their tanks kill the bloods blows my mind lol. Our DPS kills bloods on first tendon because we're stopping amalg damage while we wait for bloods 6-9 spawn. But after that our tank doesn't need any help at all. As the raid leader I actually tell them not to even think about touching the bloods (even our surv hunter when he cries about LNL procs haha) because it's just more trouble than it's worth. Our tank kills them with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    The fact that people need to help their tanks kill the bloods blows my mind lol. Our DPS kills bloods on first tendon because we're stopping amalg damage while we wait for bloods 6-9 spawn. But after that our tank doesn't need any help at all. As the raid leader I actually tell them not to even think about touching the bloods (even our surv hunter when he cries about LNL procs haha) because it's just more trouble than it's worth. Our tank kills them with ease.
    As a raid leader and a Prot Warrior, I agree with this statement. Tanks do more than enough damage in that fight to cover bloods on their own, in fact, I have to stop AoEing on the 3rd plate or I'll wipe the raid.