Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Did they nerf the gold drop rate?

    Anyone else getting less gold after the patch? I used to get 100-150k gold on a king run, now I am getting 60-80k. I didn't see anything in the notes about this.

  2. #2
    From the patch notes:

    "Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed".

    They nerfed the drop rate of gold from the pots.

  3. #3
    Fluffy Kitten Dacien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9,069
    Seems like they nerfed object gold drops because of knuckleheads doing pottery runs. Thanks Blizz, for gimping my legit farming to spite the knuckleheads.

  4. #4
    They weren't getting enough extra cash from RMAH sales because people were content to buy gear with gold. So they nerfed gold drop rates and made it 10 times as expensive to repair. Problem solved, more cash in ActiBlizzard's pockets.

    This company disgusts me more and more every day. What made them successful in the first place was making good games. They're so greedy they've entirely lost sight of that.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    They weren't getting enough extra cash from RMAH sales because people were content to buy gear with gold. So they nerfed gold drop rates and made it 10 times as expensive to repair. Problem solved, more cash in ActiBlizzard's pockets.

    This company disgusts me more and more every day. What made them successful in the first place was making good games. They're so greedy they've entirely lost sight of that.
    And next on "tinfoil hat theater": Are aliens taking the fluride out of our water so the government can no longer sterilize us?

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,818
    Im actually making more off Butcher runs now. Higher ilvl items are vendoring for more lol. used to be 80-100k per run. Now its 120-140k
    Last edited by lokithor; 2012-06-19 at 11:22 PM. Reason: spelling fail

  7. #7
    What quest do you begin your butcher runs on? I have only been doing skeleton king, but the butcher might be a better bet. Thanks in advance!

  8. #8
    I start at "The cursed hold" quest, and personally I go clear all three wings of the cemetary of the forsaken, then go to the forsaken woods and clear both caves and the event there, then to leorics manor and go right outside, kill the 1-2 rare packs just outside, then do the warden/butcher.

    Make around 150k easily, just with gold and vendor selling things, sharding the level 60 gear for mats and either selling them or making six random gloves.

  9. #9
    On mobs I been noticing a lot less gold from them as a whole, drops have been a lot less as well.

  10. #10
    I love that the one place I go has been ignored completely. All I do is kick things, average about 250k an hour, more if I push it, purely non-combative area, spawns a few chests sometimes, and takes less than 2 minutes to clear. Never hit the, " You've started to many instances" or whatever they tell you.

    289% GF

  11. #11
    Pandaren Monk lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschbach View Post
    What quest do you begin your butcher runs on? I have only been doing skeleton king, but the butcher might be a better bet. Thanks in advance!
    I start with The Imprisoned Angel. I have 5 stacks by Warden and then just go to Butcher.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Seems like they nerfed object gold drops because of knuckleheads doing pottery runs. Thanks Blizz, for gimping my legit farming to spite the knuckleheads.
    you mean the bots that was over inflating gold price, how dare they adjust the game to combat that.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  13. #13
    Fluffy Kitten Dacien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschbach View Post
    What quest do you begin your butcher runs on? I have only been doing skeleton king, but the butcher might be a better bet. Thanks in advance!
    Dude, you gotta do the Watchtower/Warden/Butcher run. Start Quest 9 and port to Northern Highlands, check for Watchtower. Do it (or restart if not there), then proceed to Halls of Agony Level 1 for Warden and Butcher. Warden has been kind to me in the past, and he seems to have a drop rate almost exactly like the Butcher's.

    I'll make about 100k per run, and once in a while, something good (maybe more now).

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapaj View Post
    I love that the one place I go has been ignored completely. All I do is kick things, average about 250k an hour, more if I push it, purely non-combative area, spawns a few chests sometimes, and takes less than 2 minutes to clear. Never hit the, " You've started to many instances" or whatever they tell you.

    289% GF
    I am starting to think that some places have been secretly nerfed based on how the zones are acting today as opposed to last night.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    And next on "tinfoil hat theater": Are aliens taking the fluride out of our water so the government can no longer sterilize us?
    That's how the business world works. With some companies more than others. It's a very competitive environment where individuals advance by showing that they can turn a profit in the short term. The idea of long-term success based on merit and quality product/service is lost in the process.

  16. #16
    Fluffy Kitten Dacien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    9,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    you mean the bots that was over inflating gold price, how dare they adjust the game to combat that.
    Still irritates me. They're hurting legit players trying to combat illegit ones.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    And next on "tinfoil hat theater": Are aliens taking the fluride out of our water so the government can no longer sterilize us?
    Saying yes and amen to everything Blizzard does is also not a good solution. It surely is not wrong to question Blizzard's intentions. The gold change really does look greedy and seems to be disguised in order to be a matter of balance. And besides, the quality of Blizzard games is successively decreasing (this is my opinion at least).

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I am starting to think that some places have been secretly nerfed based on how the zones are acting today as opposed to last night.
    As I do agree many places have had a nerf to their ability to provide gold, I can assure you, the place I go to has not changed. Being that it was never a ," top tier " gold find area ( 225-250k an hour with 289% GF) isn't a screaming place, but its one that is 100% zero combat. Not like Crypts was with the 5 or so Skellies. And It has a few book shelves to break, otherwise its just kicking a few things ( up to 22 things )

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans Dannyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    They weren't getting enough extra cash from RMAH sales because people were content to buy gear with gold. So they nerfed gold drop rates and made it 10 times as expensive to repair. Problem solved, more cash in ActiBlizzard's pockets.

    This company disgusts me more and more every day. What made them successful in the first place was making good games. They're so greedy they've entirely lost sight of that.
    Except if there is less gold in the game, the price of the currency goes up and the prices of items comes down, since people have less to spend, and all of that only applies as long as people cannot buy gold for peanuts, which they can. Last I checked the value of gold is something like 2-2.5 eur per million gold. So in no way do I see any of these actions making people go and buy more items for real world currency. Those who do, are already doing it. The rest will use in-game currency.

    Armory | What we do in life, it echoes in eternity.
    Blog | Hogi's Blogspot.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    you mean the bots that was over inflating gold price, how dare they adjust the game to combat that.
    Thus what always happens, they exploit an area, get it hot fixed and then move on to the next cash cow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tapaj View Post
    As I do agree many places have had a nerf to their ability to provide gold, I can assure you, the place I go to has not changed. Being that it was never a ," top tier " gold find area ( 225-250k an hour with 289% GF) isn't a screaming place, but its one that is 100% zero combat. Not like Crypts was with the 5 or so Skellies. And It has a few book shelves to break, otherwise its just kicking a few things ( up to 22 things )
    I need a new place when all I have is a half hour, seems the ones I was hanging out in are hotfixed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •