Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ac1dburn View Post
    That is what i was about to post, they did say this, that was one of their biggest campaigns in D3 was to destroy objects to find stuff and yet 3 minor patches later they remove that entire scenario that they were preaching for months.
    The sad reality is that now that they have made the bulk of their sales for the game they can create whatever impositions for the players that they want. They literally had no reason to remove drops from destructables. Were there honestly bots that didn't kill mobs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    "Not able to be affected by magic find/only drops gold" equals worthless?
    You are so right. I find it hilarious people complaining about this. I'm melee I run with near no magic find (and switch to my MF gear mid boss fight), and 90% of my legendary drops have come from barrels. In other words keep smashing barrels they will still drop legendaries, nothing has changed, the sky isn't falling. Or do you want to play a game where you do nothing but run around destroying barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Or do you want to play a game where you do nothing but run around destroying barrels?
    Why there is always must be a need to exaggerate? Even developers started to openly exaggerate by same absolutely immense increase of repair bills. Exaggerating doesn't make you look cute.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-06-20 at 07:35 AM.

Deleted
    Diablo 3 is designed around ah/rmah period. You can deny it all day long, but the way the loot system works (rng inside rng), inferno dropping sub-lvl 60 items, the gold farming nerfs. Also off topic did blizzard hate melee? the repair costs will affect melee most, sometimes i die countless times and now i dnt zerf but some elites are ruthless 1 mistake and bam you are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

Removed for snideness
    I just (as in 5 minutes ago) destroyed several items (those that highlight when moused over, i.e. targetable) and got both white and blue items, as well as gold.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the way environments were handled in Diablo 2. Frankly, I did not see the point with having so much open spaces with barely anything in them, and the environments were not interesting enough to actually explore.

Quote Originally Posted by ac1dburn View Post
    That is what i was about to post, they did say this, that was one of their biggest campaigns in D3 was to destroy objects to find stuff and yet 3 minor patches later they remove that entire scenario that they were preaching for months.
    Try reading the whole post. You still can. Barrels still drop items, objects and containers are two different things. Containers still drop items, I got 2 rares out of containers last night, one was a barrel one was a coffin, I also got a blue out of a basket of skulls or something. Containers still drop things, destructible objects refers to tables, torture racks, statues...things that it is still pretty cool that they break when you are fighting near them.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    God damn it, people will find ANYTHING to complain about won't they?

10+ Year Old Account
    On a funny note I clicked on most Weapon Rack's I came across last night and I would have to say that > 50% of them were completely empty and the rest at best dropped a white item at most. I completely ignore them now unless I click on them while moving. Actually world objects are now a source of annoyance cause they do nothing and can still cause me to mess up when trying to dodge stuff on my DH (nothing sucks as bad as clicking on a white weapon on the ground when dodging fireballs).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Try reading the whole post. You still can. Barrels still drop items, objects and containers are two different things. Containers still drop items, I got 2 rares out of containers last night, one was a barrel one was a coffin, I also got a blue out of a basket of skulls or something. Containers still drop things, destructible objects refers to tables, torture racks, statues...things that it is still pretty cool that they break when you are fighting near them.
    I am fairly certain that he is QQ'ing about not being able to farm those objects for his gear instead of fighting mobs in the hardest game difficulty for it, as the only change was that Magic Find doesn't work on chests and objects anymore.

Deleted
    I got my first legendary from a barrel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I got my first legendary from a barrel
    This, me too. I haven't had a proper drop for hours and I walk into a random little maplet, punch a barrel and BAM, legendary headgear. And it was decently itemized for my character.

Didn't they only nerf the fact that Magic Find was working with barrels and urns etc.

You can still get rares afaik

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Just look around the internet and you'll see that there are already a lot of bots around with which you can farm certain places 24/7 and get like 200k an hour if not even more than that.
    Thank god they nerfed those vases, barrels and whatever. The economy is already fucked as it is.
    Oh wow, a couple of botters need to change the game. They could, you know, ban the botters.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    "Not able to be affected by magic find/only drops gold" equals worthless?
    "Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed"
    Need to read more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Didn't they only nerf the fact that Magic Find was working with barrels and urns etc.

You can still get rares afaik
    Quote Originally Posted by Detronic View Post
    I am fairly certain that he is QQ'ing about not being able to farm those objects for his gear instead of fighting mobs in the hardest game difficulty for it, as the only change was that Magic Find doesn't work on chests and objects anymore.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5238...0_06_2012#blog

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed"
    Need to read more.
    What they mean is items will still drop from barrels and such. They will no longer drop from destroying tables, chairs and the like.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    What they mean is items will still drop from barrels and such. They will no longer drop from destroying tables, chairs and the like.
    Did those things ever drop anything? Never did for me, except for maybe 5 gold.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did those things ever drop anything? Never did for me, except for maybe 5 gold.
    I never paid much attention. I had more fun killing things for my loots.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Oh wow, a couple of botters need to change the game. They could, you know, ban the botters.

Need to read more.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5238...0_06_2012#blog
    Banning botters does next to nothing. They write a better bot. You cannot eliminate botting permanently, only temporarily while they re-write. The best way to prevent botters is to cheapen botting methods.

As for the bolded part, destructable objects and lootable objects are two entirely different types of objects and lootable objects still drop loot, just not affected by MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Banning botters does next to nothing. They write a better bot. You cannot eliminate botting permanently, only temporarily while they re-write. The best way to prevent botters is to cheapen botting methods.

As for the bolded part, destructable objects and lootable objects are two entirely different types of objects and lootable objects still drop loot, just not affected by MF.
    This is what I was assuming they meant. Some people just assumed they were removing all drops from barrels and the like, but then why would they even bother making them not affected by MF if they removed the drop rate completely. People were acting like nothing but monsters would ever drop loot, when that's just wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they had transitioned the drops from barrels to mobs that would have been very agreeable. The problem is that it is a direct drop rate nerf.