Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Can't think of one positively I have, though I do think I have many, I think most people think that way though. I still like toys I guess that is something unusual. Yeah, I'm pretty plain.

Psoriasis on my scalp from my daddy.
    Anxiety/depression disorder from my mummy.
    Bad eyesight from mummy.
    Possibly some hyperadesolone(sp?) disorder from mum too.

YAY GENETICS. ><
    Raaaa!

Deleted
    Asperger's syndrome, you could say that socializing is not my strong side...

High blood pressure, clinical depression since age 8, some docs claim i got ptsd easier to figure what isnt wrong

I have an elf ear.

I was diagnosed with Autism when I was 2, I have an extremely hard time approaching people that I do not know, so making friends/girls friends is a bitch

I cannot fall asleep without rocking myself (which I have done since I was born)

I have an extremely hard time justifying doing more than what is necessary to get by (reaching my full potential is pretty much cock blocked)

Those are the 3 big problems for me, been fighting it since I have been able to, and it has been getting better.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    Psoriasis on my scalp from my daddy.
    Anxiety/depression disorder from my mummy.
    Bad eyesight from mummy.
    Possibly some hyperadesolone(sp?) disorder from mum too.

YAY GENETICS. ><
    I feel ya, everyone in my family but my sister has bad eyesight lol... and even she barely had enough for a driving license.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Same also have anxiety. :/ Though I do have a good amount of friends to talk to. And i'm starting to get better with socalization
    Yea, just sucks that we have to consciously think about aspects of a conversation, like eye contact and whatnot.

After like a few hours of family gatherings (like Christmas) I find myself exhausted and alone on the PC.

P.S. I really envy your large number of friends. I have a low number, and only a couple at which I feel comfortable with and see often. It's just so weird that at times I feel lonely, but just want to be alone.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2012-06-20 at 03:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yea, just sucks that we have to consciously think about aspects of a conversation, like eye contact and whatnot.

After like a few hours of family gatherings (like Christmas) I find myself exhausted and alone on the PC.

P.S. I really envy your large number of friends. I have a low number, and only a couple at which I feel comfortable with and see often. It's just so weird that at times I feel lonely, but just want to be alone.
    I don't have aspergers but I can relate, I have social anxiety irl and my only friends are my family, and even then I feel awkward at times at example christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I'll just go with "probably".

I've had quite bad luck with the genes so far, having a family tree with suicides, crazies, and breast cancer on both sides of the family.
    Other than that, I think I'm all safe for now.
    Look on the bright side, atleast you're crazy nice, the best kind of nice! :P

10+ Year Old Account

But yet socializing on forums / internet is seemingly simple. But as soon as you try to talk to me IRL it gets weird.
    I have often wondered if I had aspergers, as I have a very hard time in social situations. I am very good at focusing on a task for a very long time, and doing things on my own, but group activities are very hard for me.

Mild Borderline Personality Disorder, it really does suck when you have things that you need to get done, things like regularly going to the gym. Also have had clinical depression for the past 5-6 years.

Borderline, Aspberger, and probably some more shit in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might I add that everyone has kept this thread extremely civil, which is a plus.
    It is good to see that people can openly share their personal problems without too much sarcasm or disrespect.

I have good genetics but I have a couple bad things. My mom gave me her fair skin so I am susceptible to skin cancer but that can be prevented easily. I also have a bicuspid aortic valve but my doctor says my heart runs better than most. I also do cardio 5 days a week so I don't think I will have any trouble with my heart or at least I hope not.
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-06-20 at 03:39 AM.

Is klinefelter's the disorder where you have 2 X chromosomes and one Y? Do you know if you are sterile? I feel really sorry for you sir. Best of luck to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post
    Hi, so I wanted to make this thread for people to talk about their differences in terms of genetic or mental disorders. I'm very depressed atm because I just found out I have something called klinefelter's syndrome. It's basically a genetic disorder in which I won't fully develop into a man.

You can also comment if you have suspiciouns or if you simply don't like something about yourself, what makes you stand out in society?

I have Aspergers. More and more are diagnosed with it. A thesis was that it's related to information overload.

Deleted
    I'm obsessed by girls

I know how that feels. Sometimes I'll get delayed panic attacks... or end up with 'nervous stomach' which is painful. Milk sometimes helps... sometimes. Actually happened to me recently. Family dinner with people I hadn't seen in 3 years. I was in pain for the rest of the night. Nothing helped save sleep and a few days of low key activity with only my 'bubble/buffer' people around. (basically my husband and kids)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunchy View Post
    I'm normal
    You're in denial. =P Nobody is "normal", we all have things wrong with us.

But, on topic, I've had Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was 5. Always been awkward trying to explain why I don't do sports, why I didn't participate a lot in PE, etc. >.> Most people just say "well, only old people get Arthritis! What are you talking about?"