Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    A throwing barb would be able to take them, I would think. If he got that far in Act 3, he certainly should be able to survive their hits anyways. Healing would be through LoH, since I think that's required for throwing barb. Otherwise... I'm sure a normal barb could kill him the same way I did on my monk, just backing up around the edge. :P
    I'm more than geared for Act 3, but I can't find a loh weapon worth a damn. I missed a decent one the other day because I was 30k short at the time. I hate being stuck on a boss that prevents me from ever finishing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    I'm more than geared for Act 3, but I can't find a loh weapon worth a damn. I missed a decent one the other day because I was 30k short at the time. I hate being stuck on a boss that prevents me from ever finishing the game.
    If you do have a good second weapon (not necessarily LoH, just high dps/attack speed), try dual wielding for him. The slimes don't hit all that hard, and it may give you the little bit of extra dps you need to kill him before his enrage.

Video courtesy of ZraveX; strategy coutresy of some unknown person who came up with the strategy.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

II'm not sure if he is easier now in terms of how hard he hits, but when I did Ghom (pre-patch), tanking him for the whole duration of the fight and moving from the gas was not possible, I could only dps him while I had survival cooldowns up and then had to run away and heal up off his adds using charge until I could do it again.

If he is like the other bosses then he doesnt have as much health or doesnt hit as hard now, so that may not be such an issue.

ok i killed him with my barb a few days ago, heres how i did it. note that it's a slow process. my method is not for farming purposes because it takes way too long. i dont know if he has a enrage timer or what, but it took me probably over 20minutes to kill. this method is purely for progression. also i in no way claim this is the only way or the best way to kill ghom lard

1. dual wield 2 weapons each with 1100+ LoH (900ish natural loh+socket, you can put +190loh gems if you cant get two +300 gems), the dps doesnt matter, i used two 300dps weapons. you can get those for like 200k or something.
    2. well by act3 as a barb you should have 1k all res anyways, but try to buy 2 pieces of gear with vit, all res and poison res, i had 1.1k poison res after buying a cheap shield with all res and poison res. make sure your shield still has at least 26%block+8%block afflix.
    3. use the following skills: frenzy sidearm, all res shout, dreadnaught charge, revenge provocation, ignore pain iron hide, and overpower with heal
    4. use the two armor passives and the one that reduces 20% non phy dmg.
    5. i dunno if this is required, but i had 50k hp, 10k armor (with shout+mage merc)

how to kill:
    - go in, start hitting him, use ignore pain when you need. that and your loh should keep you alive for 30sec or something.
    - once the gas starts fill up, run away from him, make him summon little balls, he summons 2 at a time, and ideally you want to have 4 of those balls active at all times
    - whenever there are 4 little balls in the room, you dont have to worry about gas anymore, use those balls to heal yourself with revenge, overpower and charge while dpsing the lard
    - never directly hit the balls, you need to use them for heals
    - when you kill 3 or4 of the 4 balls, start running away from him again (try not to get hit by gas during this time, which should be easier because you've been standing in the same spot hitting him for awhile, so the rest of the room shouldnt be completely filled with gas) get him to summon more balls. rinse and repeat.
    - it's a slow process cuz unless you spend a fortune, ur weapons are shit for damage. but you should have no problem just grinding and outlasting him with ALL defensive abilities.
    - so after awhile, i do find the room mostly filled with gas, at this time when balls are dead, you should look for little corners of the room (they should still be in the clear) get to the corner, wait for him to summon balls. also to note, when you see health globes, dont pick it up unless you have to, def save them for time of need.
    - also im not sure, but i felt that the rate of him summoning balls decreases overtime, so towards the end, i had to run away from him for as long as ~10seconds for him to summon a pair, and at this time he summons gas instantly where ever you stand. so just pop your heals and pots when you need to survive it before he summons balls. 2 balls is enough to heal urself with, although 4 basically makes your hp never go below 80%
    - actually after i killed him, i was thinking if it'd be better to use the 4% dmg rune for frenzy instead of sidearm, so i dont kill balls as fast. but regardless, i used sidearm and it worked fine, wasnt really a gamebreaker.

anyway, any questions can be directed to IamKing#1220 in game

I would like to know if anyone has killed this as a non-tank wizard since the patch, I have attempted it over 20 times now and unless I somehow double my damage I dont think its going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by kwakwa View Post
    I would like to know if anyone has killed this as a non-tank wizard since the patch, I have attempted it over 20 times now and unless I somehow double my damage I dont think its going to happen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twGIOCme2Pw

Pretty much like this guy does it, just that I used Force Weapon over Crystal Shell and Galvanizing Ward over Blur.

Quote Originally Posted by sorajima View Post
    ok i killed him with my barb a few days ago, heres how i did it. note that it's a slow process. my method is not for farming purposes because it takes way too long. i dont know if he has a enrage timer or what, but it took me probably over 20minutes to kill. this method is purely for progression. also i in no way claim this is the only way or the best way to kill ghom lard

1. dual wield 2 weapons each with 1100+ LoH (900ish natural loh+socket, you can put +190loh gems if you cant get two +300 gems), the dps doesnt matter, i used two 300dps weapons. you can get those for like 200k or something.
    2. well by act3 as a barb you should have 1k all res anyways, but try to buy 2 pieces of gear with vit, all res and poison res, i had 1.1k poison res after buying a cheap shield with all res and poison res. make sure your shield still has at least 26%block+8%block afflix.
    3. use the following skills: frenzy sidearm, all res shout, dreadnaught charge, revenge provocation, ignore pain iron hide, and overpower with heal
    4. use the two armor passives and the one that reduces 20% non phy dmg.
    5. i dunno if this is required, but i had 50k hp, 10k armor (with shout+mage merc)

how to kill:
    - go in, start hitting him, use ignore pain when you need. that and your loh should keep you alive for 30sec or something.
    - once the gas starts fill up, run away from him, make him summon little balls, he summons 2 at a time, and ideally you want to have 4 of those balls active at all times
    - whenever there are 4 little balls in the room, you dont have to worry about gas anymore, use those balls to heal yourself with revenge, overpower and charge while dpsing the lard
    - never directly hit the balls, you need to use them for heals
    - when you kill 3 or4 of the 4 balls, start running away from him again (try not to get hit by gas during this time, which should be easier because you've been standing in the same spot hitting him for awhile, so the rest of the room shouldnt be completely filled with gas) get him to summon more balls. rinse and repeat.
    - it's a slow process cuz unless you spend a fortune, ur weapons are shit for damage. but you should have no problem just grinding and outlasting him with ALL defensive abilities.
    - so after awhile, i do find the room mostly filled with gas, at this time when balls are dead, you should look for little corners of the room (they should still be in the clear) get to the corner, wait for him to summon balls. also to note, when you see health globes, dont pick it up unless you have to, def save them for time of need.
    - also im not sure, but i felt that the rate of him summoning balls decreases overtime, so towards the end, i had to run away from him for as long as ~10seconds for him to summon a pair, and at this time he summons gas instantly where ever you stand. so just pop your heals and pots when you need to survive it before he summons balls. 2 balls is enough to heal urself with, although 4 basically makes your hp never go below 80%
    - actually after i killed him, i was thinking if it'd be better to use the 4% dmg rune for frenzy instead of sidearm, so i dont kill balls as fast. but regardless, i used sidearm and it worked fine, wasnt really a gamebreaker.

anyway, any questions can be directed to IamKing#1220 in game
    The problem with a 1100 LOH weapon is that it costs millions, as in 20million gold + per weapon. One of those weapons is worth more than my whole gearset, the gearset capable of doing this boss (tried it this evening) and clearing the game pre-nerf.

What you post is not a viable strategy when one item is probably worth 2-4x the value of an average players whole gearset. Also you say that you should have 1k + all res by act 3, but I still don't have that and again I was farming act 3 comfortably pre nerf without it.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-06-23 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It is impossible to tank the cloud, as the damage ramps up extremely quickly, long before he puts up another cloud.

And I imagine if any ranged DPSer is unable to tank his slime adds, then he will basically be impossible to kill for you.
    There's people who have tanked him 100% of the fight standing still all the way, is that just for Monks? I thought with enough gear and LoH a Barb should be able to do it, the cloud really doesn't hit THAT hard at first on my squishy Wizard. But the again I never stood in it for longer than 5-6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The problem with a 1100 LOH weapon is that it costs millions, as in 20million gold + per weapon. One of those weapons is worth more than my whole gearset, the gearset capable of doing this boss (tried it this evening) and clearing the game pre-nerf.

What you post is not a viable strategy when one item is probably worth 2-4x the value of an average players whole gearset. Also you say that you should have 1k + all res by act 3, but I still don't have that and again I was farming act 3 comfortably pre nerf without it.
    He's talking about 300dps weapons w/ 1100 LOH on them not 1100dps weapons, if that is what you were thinking. But, yeah 1100 dps weapons a ridiculously pricey!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's for all of you Barbarians who aren't millionaires.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came back to try today.... 52k with familiar only fuck tons of armour and 290 resistances. Two hours later and 600k repairs i can say its fucking impossible on my wizard. Got him to 20% once when i went all out dps 65k with glass canon and magic weapon on...... Guess i need another 10k dmg to down him.
    Back to act 1 farming .......
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    I came back to try today.... 52k with familiar only fuck tons of armour and 290 resistances. Two hours later and 600k repairs i can say its fucking impossible on my wizard. Got him to 20% once when i went all out dps 65k with glass canon and magic weapon on...... Guess i need another 10k dmg to down him.
    Back to act 1 farming .......
    There's a video of some wizard doing it with 26k dps like right above your post. He also wasn't tanky at all. ;/