Poll: You vote here.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Something new maybe? Someting we had never hear about in lore/game?

The next expansion will be quite likely centered around Azshara and N'Zoth. Why don't we add a race of Unbound, humanoid creatures captured and corrupted by the Faceless Ones in an attempt to create elite warriors for Old Gods? Most of those creatures would break free and find a way to partly purify themselves - but retaining their mutated, abominable bodies. Like Pandas they would be neutral.

I'd like it way more than revamping model of High Elve, painting it black and calling it a new race.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    a neutral race involving dragons (Dragonkin, Dragonman etc.) in an Emerald Dream expansion

Depending on the color of the dragon they either join horde or ally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    We agree that the Nagas, as a race, as a faction and as a major players in the history of Azeroth that they are, should be playable, and that whatever may seem to go against it or impede it (like their body morphology) can be remedied by Blizzard through an elegant way as it has done hundreds of times with other matters just as tricky like that. In fact there are more arguments in support of the Naga as a playable race that arguments against: think of their originality as a race, they have their own architecture, their own cities, their capital, their culture, their relations with other races and, in fact, if I remember, they were a playable faction in the Warcraft 3.

But why do you insist on trying to fit the Nagas in the Alliance? Recall that the nagas and the night elves are bitter enemies and remember as there is a strong bond of the nagas with the blood elves... I personally see more likely that the Nagas become part of the Horde before the Alliance.

But what will happen? Well, the Nagas will be a playable race, but unfortunately they will be a neutral race, as the Pandaren... The neutral races never should have been inserted in a game like World of Warcraft ...

Nagas for the Horde - Pandaren for the Alliance
    One major reason why now the Alliance is not seen as "cool", as its Horde counterpart is because it has too many races that have been seen in other franchises, too many "boring" races. Humans, dwarves, gnomes are these, but we also need to take into account that the Alliance is also the goody faction more and more, and as such it becomes slightly unattractive
    -the human commander in Swamp of Sorrows says that she won't burn Stonard and dance in the Horde ashes, as a result, the battle goes back to a statelmate
    -the draenei try to make peace with the blood elves and help them even, the blood elves respond by stealing the urns of the dead draenei in Outland to quench their magic thirst
    -the dwarves make peace with the Frostwolves then exit the mountains to return home, they're then obliterated by the Forsaken
    -the night elves accept to let the orcs have their lumber camp, the orcs then cut at random and attack them in full force.
    etc.

These examples all show that the races of the Alliance promote peaceful cooperation... but that they do it too much, and they are weak in the face of the Horde because of it. To make the Alliance interesting, you need unique (or at least less used in other games) races that won't sit by and try to make peace with everyone. Why? Because Alliance has the brains so to say, but lacks the muscle. So then, do the pandaren fit the bill? They're unique, but ferocious? Please, they're all about balance and stuff like this, they'd be treats for the Horde in their conquest of lands. But naga are ferocious and they are able to hate both factions if the story is bent that way.
    While, on the other hand, the Horde has the muscle, but lacks the brains, and when I say brains, I don't mean tech, but rather the intelligence to have a race think about the future, the aftermath of a great war. They have the tauren, but tauren seem to just be used as random grunts in the Horde, so they need another race to have two good peaceful races. Pandaren fit the bill. And as such, I belive pandaren to the Horde and naga for the Alliance would be much better from a balancing of "coolness" factor, for both factions.

That said, I wouldn't mind if naga were neutral and went to both races, may I ask why do you think otherwise?

Ethereals

No more elves!

Deleted
    And what's with high elves for the Alliance? They're just lighter blood elves with different eyes, they're a boring race used in numerous other franchises that would bring nothing to the Alliance in any way. The current high elves in the Alliance are too similar to night elves, and by making them more similar to blood elves... they'd be too similar to blood elves.

Deleted
    My vote goes to Nerubians.
    God I want Azjol Nerub to be awesome and not a shitty 5 man you can clean in 3 minutes flat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pygmies the little things on the Goblin starter Island.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Dark Elves, Dark Trolls and Vampires.

What, just what?

There is no 'dark' Elves or Trolls.
    And Vampires... yeeaaah.

I pick Wolvar, me love myself some Wolvars.
    The "Dark" trolls.
    The "Dark Elves" became Night Elves. That was just the name they had in early prelim work.
    The closest WoW has to vampires though are the Darkfallen.
    That and those Belf DK RP goons...

Personally I'm just as tired of hearing about Arrakoa, Naga, and Ethereals being playable, as I am about how the next expansion is definitely gonna be the emerald dream/argus.. Ditto for Dragon-people, they just sound too Napoleon Dynamite to me. Before we add any more new races I wanna see the options for the existing ones expanded. Taunka and Yaungol taurens, Wildhammer and DarkIron dwarves, orcs in various non-green hues, forest trolls, undead options that are more intact (like DK's) and also a full skeletal option, things like that. You could even expand that idea into the Online store and sell skins. Like say a murloc skin for the hunched undead frame, maybe a gnoll skin for taurens, or a pygmy skin for gnomes. Allow players to add them later to an existing character and you wouldn't need a starting area for every "race". If they could do it for that Murloc suit from Blizzcon, this would also be doable.
    Last edited by Urti; 2012-06-20 at 07:07 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Orge or Vrykul

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Dark Elves, Dark Trolls and Vampires.

What, just what?

There is no 'dark' Elves or Trolls.
    And Vampires... yeeaaah.

I pick Wolvar, me love myself some Wolvars.

There ARE dark trolls, but they were a small, reclusive tribe living on Mount Hyjal, and were pretty much wiped out by the Burning Legion during that battle. At least, to the point that they could no longer be called a tribe.

Vampires, AKA the... the... San'Alyn or something in Northrend. Im not 100% sure if they are an actual race, or just high elves scourgified akin to the Blood Queen.

Dark Elves... yea... no. No dark elves here.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    The "Dark" trolls.
    The "Dark Elves" became Night Elves. That was just the name they had in early prelim work.
    The closest WoW has to vampires though are the Darkfallen.
    That and those Belf DK RP goons...

Personally I'm just as tired of hearing about Arrakoa, Naga, and Ethereals being playable, as I am about how the next expansion is definitely gonna be the emerald dream/argus.. Ditto for Dragon-people, they just sound too Napoleon Dynamite to me. Before we add any more new races I wanna see the options for the existing ones expanded. Taunka and Yaungol taurens, Wildhammer and DarkIron dwarves, orcs in various non-green hues, forest trolls, undead options that are more intact (like DK's) and also a full skeletal option, things like that. You could even expand that idea into the Online store and sell skins. Like say a murloc skin for the hunched undead frame, maybe a gnoll skin for taurens, or a pygmy skin for gnomes. Allow players to add them later to an existing character and you wouldn't need a starting area for every "race". If they could do it for that Murloc suit from Blizzcon, this would also be doable.
    I do say that we need more skin options- personally, with BC, they should have had Wildhammer for Dwarves, Broken/Wretched for Draenei/Blood Elves, and Mag'har for orcs, and with Wrath, Taunka for the Tauren, and Frost Dwarves for the Dwarves, and finally, Cata, perhaps something like Flame Druids for the Night Elves, and additional Undead models, such as skeletons/banshees for the Forsaken, as they were all freed from the Lich King's will.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    One major reason why now the Alliance is not seen as "cool", as its Horde counterpart is because it has too many races that have been seen in other franchises, too many "boring" races. Humans, dwarves, gnomes are these, but we also need to take into account that the Alliance is also the goody faction more and more, and as such it becomes slightly unattractive
    -the human commander in Swamp of Sorrows says that she won't burn Stonard and dance in the Horde ashes, as a result, the battle goes back to a statelmate
    -the draenei try to make peace with the blood elves and help them even, the blood elves respond by stealing the urns of the dead draenei in Outland to quench their magic thirst
    -the dwarves make peace with the Frostwolves then exit the mountains to return home, they're then obliterated by the Forsaken
    -the night elves accept to let the orcs have their lumber camp, the orcs then cut at random and attack them in full force.
    etc.

These examples all show that the races of the Alliance promote peaceful cooperation... but that they do it too much, and they are weak in the face of the Horde because of it. To make the Alliance interesting, you need unique (or at least less used in other games) races that won't sit by and try to make peace with everyone. Why? Because Alliance has the brains so to say, but lacks the muscle. So then, do the pandaren fit the bill? They're unique, but ferocious? Please, they're all about balance and stuff like this, they'd be treats for the Horde in their conquest of lands. But naga are ferocious and they are able to hate both factions if the story is bent that way.
    While, on the other hand, the Horde has the muscle, but lacks the brains, and when I say brains, I don't mean tech, but rather the intelligence to have a race think about the future, the aftermath of a great war. They have the tauren, but tauren seem to just be used as random grunts in the Horde, so they need another race to have two good peaceful races. Pandaren fit the bill. And as such, I belive pandaren to the Horde and naga for the Alliance would be much better from a balancing of "coolness" factor, for both factions.

That said, I wouldn't mind if naga were neutral and went to both races, may I ask why do you think otherwise?
    Erm..

In Hillsbrad, the Dwarves were gathering up force to strike at Tarren Mill and the various Forsaken outpost. Granted, nobody can call that attack unwarranted, after all, they are at war. But, they werent "getting ready to return home after making peace with the Frostwolf"

In Ashenvale, war has been going on for a LONG time. There have been quests for both the Horde and the Alliance where both sides fight with extreme bloodthirst, and Warsong Gulch has been going on for ages.

If you ever played horde, there have also been many Alliance invasions before- Durotar was attacked by the human fleet of Kul'Tiras or something, and currently, Northwatch has been trying to get a foothold settled in Durotar for a full-on invasion (The attempts failed due to various meddling heroes.) Camp Taurahe, an extremely old Tauren outpost, was obliterated by the alliance, with nearly all the inhabitants slaughtered without mercy (A horde quest has you go in and lay the dead to rest, and you see that some of the members, such as the old Leatherworking and Skinning trainers, died while trying to flee)

Tell me, do you understand War? Both the Horde and the Alliance are officially at war, and have been since the Wrathgate. It just hasnt broken into a full-fledged assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    etc.

Uhm interesting ... I think you have been the only one who has managed to convince me XD.

Yes, apparently by the seen, the next expansion will be centered in Azshara, and the Nagas will be the next playable neutral race.

The Lore? Easy: The queen Azshara from her underwater empire prepares her final revenge against Azeroth with the help of the Burning Legion, but what she is not expected is that her most faithful lieutenants, the Count XXX and the Countess YYY, are the instigators and leaders of a group each day most numerous of insurgent Nagas, who are repentant for all the atrocities they committed under the leadership of Azshara since 10000 years ago, and are seeking redemption, which after their rebellion against Azshara they will find it with the Alliance and the Horde. The Horde with their new naga allies led by the Count XXX and the Alliance with their naga allies led by Countess YYY are preparing to end the tyranny of Queen Azshara and incidentally delay the return of the Burning Legion to Azeroth.

And what happens to the High Elves and the Ogres? Quite simply, they would be part of the Alliance and Horde respectively (if they are not already) but they will not be playable for a reason or other: they will only be NPCs, with their leaders, their cities, their racial mounts, their capitals, their tabards, etc etc but not playable races.

Deleted
    Naga for sure.

Arakkoa would be pretty damn cool. A bird race is unlike anything that's currently playable. Or Naga.

Murloc would simply be too amazing, and thus will never happen.

Not realistic but I want angels!

No but seriously, High elves. If that race would be alliance, I would freaking go alliance no matter what. Just have a huge love for that race and the lore of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    they have stated they will never add Nagas the reason being they wouldnt be able to get armor to fit them... same goes for Nerubian. Dark Elves and Dark Trolls dont exist. Vampires = Belfs. Vrykul seem to proud and humans are just midget vrykul. The only ones that make sense are High elf for Ally and Ogres for horde honestly
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Erm..

In Hillsbrad, the Dwarves were gathering up force to strike at Tarren Mill and the various Forsaken outpost. Granted, nobody can call that attack unwarranted, after all, they are at war. But, they werent "getting ready to return home after making peace with the Frostwolf"

In Ashenvale, war has been going on for a LONG time. There have been quests for both the Horde and the Alliance where both sides fight with extreme bloodthirst, and Warsong Gulch has been going on for ages.

If you ever played horde, there have also been many Alliance invasions before- Durotar was attacked by the human fleet of Kul'Tiras or something, and currently, Northwatch has been trying to get a foothold settled in Durotar for a full-on invasion (The attempts failed due to various meddling heroes.) Camp Taurahe, an extremely old Tauren outpost, was obliterated by the alliance, with nearly all the inhabitants slaughtered without mercy (A horde quest has you go in and lay the dead to rest, and you see that some of the members, such as the old Leatherworking and Skinning trainers, died while trying to flee)

Tell me, do you understand War? Both the Horde and the Alliance are officially at war, and have been since the Wrathgate. It just hasnt broken into a full-fledged assault.
    Why were the dwarves there, in a bad position? Because they signed a peace treaty and left the relative safety of mountains. Any commander knows that if you're in the mountains defending, the attacking force will have much higher losses.

There was peace once, after the events of WC3 and all the way yo Cataclysm actually. The Warsong Gulch was a skirmish between the sentinels and the warsong. But the orcs were there only because the night elves gave from them too much originally. The orcs were there because when they cut wood and left it to rot, they weren't full wiped out. If I remember right actually, as Horde you get sent to kill Silverwing Sentinels, but as Alliance it is only the draenei sending you to kill the orcs after you've gotten the wood.

Kul Tiras has not been in the Alliance since Admiral Proudmoore was killed by the Horde because Jaina let them do that. Northwatch is trying now, after war started, well thanks, what did they do before? Shoot random ships and a blood elf sent you to kill them.

Camp Taurajo was not obliterated, because the Alliance, once again, tried to play the good guy and ... left tauren escape, tauren that after took arms and attacked them. Face it, the Alliance is portrayed as weak, making weak decisions because of morality (oh, let's not kill those, they're not guilty of anything - then those come and bite them in the ass). I can think of one exception and one alone, Shatterpsear Village.

Face it, wherever the Alliance tried to make peace, except the example before, it came back and became a problem for them. They didn't kill the orcs at the end of WC2? No worry, the orcs are killing them now. Jaina teleported Varian and his most elite team out of Undercity instead of helping? No worry, Sylvannas is now killing everyone and Garrosh attacking everyone they can. The night elves accepted to have the orcs cut a bit of forest? No worry, the orcs wanted battle so they cut more and then when they got bored, they attacked the Alliance fully, the humans don't fully destroy Stonard? No worry, orcs gather their forces back right now. The humans didn't focus on the orc threat first in Arathi? Well the forsaken came and now their prince is dead. The Dalaran mages accepted neutrality? The forsaken are killing the remainder and turning them into forsaken. Even on the pandaren turtle, the Alliance pandaren tries to think of the long term solution... but it's the future Horde pandaren leader that gets the good winning solution, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Uhm interesting ... I think you have been the only one who has managed to convince me XD.

Yes, apparently by the seen, the next expansion will be centered in Azshara, and the Nagas will be the next playable neutral race.

The Lore? Easy: The queen Azshara from her underwater empire prepares her final revenge against Azeroth with the help of the Burning Legion, but what she is not expected is that her most faithful lieutenants, the Count XXX and the Countess YYY, are the instigators and leaders of a group each day most numerous of insurgent Nagas, who are repentant for all the atrocities they committed under the leadership of Azshara since 10000 years ago, and are seeking redemption, which after their rebellion against Azshara they will find it with the Alliance and the Horde. The Horde with their new naga allies led by the Count XXX and the Alliance with their naga allies led by Countess YYY are preparing to end the tyranny of Queen Azshara and incidentally delay the return of the Burning Legion to Azeroth.

And what happens to the High Elves and the Ogres? Quite simply, they would be part of the Alliance and Horde respectively (if they are not already) but they will not be playable for a reason or other: they will only be NPCs, with their leaders, their cities, their racial mounts, their capitals, their tabards, etc etc but not playable races.
    Well, I guess it would be ok like that as well.
    Though I can't imagine what could ogres ride :S

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    they have stated they will never add Nagas the reason being they wouldnt be able to get armor to fit them... same goes for Nerubian. Dark Elves and Dark Trolls dont exist. Vampires = Belfs. Vrykul seem to proud and humans are just midget vrykul. The only ones that make sense are High elf for Ally and Ogres for horde honestly
    *citations needed*

Where did they state they'll never add nagas?
    Dark trolls exist.
    Vrykul so what?
    And they already said no to high elves, someone even gave a link.

Nagas would be awesome, especially if it came with aquatic themed racials. I'd race change my hunter SO FAST. For mounts, their snakelike lower half could just hang off the side of the mount like a single leg.

However, it would be amazing to play as Arakkoa. They have complete animations, lots of feather colors, and just look really cool in general. They look a million times more sinister in robes than Worgen do.

If given a choice for beast races, I would've picked either of these before Pandas.

Tol'vir! The race of the Ramkahan, in beautiful scenic Uldum.

I wanna be a kitty-taur!

Deleted
    A-R-A-K-K-O-A! Make it happen Blizz!