Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    I'm not at home ATM, but I believe my armor is somewhere around 4.5k when running solo, I'm at ~500 RA (fluctuations based on the random resistance stats) and have around 25k HP. Full disclosure: on my DH, I'm only about 3/4 thru act 2 (about to fight ZK) as of last night. I have spent maybe ~600k gold on my DH, but I levelled my Barb up first and alot of my DHs gear has come from Barb drops that I've hand-me-downed to him.
    Lot you can do with 600k gold and another 60 funneling gear to you so the experience is subjective. My DH is my only 60 and I can count the # of drops I've found useful to myself on one hand. That and I've never found anything that's going for more than 100k has left me pretty gold starved.

On the flip side I've cleared Act 2 and Act 3 up through Siegebreaker but anything that touches me kills me and it's not really that fun and now has a hefty gold cost attached to it. Trust me TONS of DH will come here explaining that being one shot is the norm not the exception right now.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    Either that, or you'll be spending that time that you just got by quitting Diablo 3 on QQing about it on the forums.

Blowing 60 bucks on a game that became disappointing would upset most people enough to opine about it. Heck, that's why this forum exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't mind that much. The monsters are quite a lot easier now in Inferno, and this encourages people to step away from the dumb Glass Cannon builds. Really, just get items with All Resistance, Vitality and Insert-main-stat-here, and you are good to go. If farming act x gets you killed too many times, then start farming previous act. It's simple as that. Gold increase items also help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    Ah yes. The vast ocean that has the depth of a shallow puddle. Such a better way to spend ones leisure time. But hey! It has non sparkling vampires in it!!!
    If you think D3 has more going for it than Skyrim, I don't even know how to respond to that. Some people prefer twinkies to cake on their birthdays as well, I suppose. "One man's trash" and all that...

Personally, I'd have more fun replaying any number of games at this point. And that's just me. But I'm sure there are a lot of other people in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Blowing 60 bucks on a game that became disappointing would upset most people enough to opine about it. Heck, that's why this forum exists.
    Oh come on, we've all made bad investments on games in the past. I'm certainly quite pissed that I blew a good amount of money on SWTOR and didn't enjoy that much of it. But, that's life, we all make mistakes in the end.

As you said in your previous post, you just got a lot of time by quitting Diablo 3, why not put it to use on something important? There's probably much better things to do then QQ on the forums. Why not go play Torchlight or Skyrim or something, or if you don't have one go get a girlfriend, and if you have one maybe make some time to hang out with her a bit more.

My point is, no matter how much you feel you were ripped off, there are a tons of better things you could be spending your newly gained time on then these forums.

A semi fancy dinner for two costs the same. Lasts for a few hours. It's a good time and all, but it sure as hell isn't over 100 hours of gameplay. "I have logged 130 hours into this game, and now I am disappointed." Now, maybe I'm being a tad cynical here, but personally, if a game disappoints me, I PROBABLY am not going to play the thing for more than an hour. Duke Nukem was disappointing. Perhaps I just don't believe that a game has to have 10 years of replayability to be successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh come on, we've all made bad investments on games in the past. I'm certainly quite pissed that I blew a good amount of money on SWTOR and didn't enjoy that much of it. But, that's life, we all make mistakes in the end.

As you said in your previous post, you just got a lot of time by quitting Diablo 3, why not put it to use on something important? There's probably much better things to do then QQ on the forums. Why not go play Torchlight or Skyrim or something, or if you don't have one go get a girlfriend, and if you have one maybe make some time to hang out with her a bit more.

My point is, no matter how much you feel you were ripped off, there are a tons of better things you could be spending your newly gained time on then these forums.
    I have many activities, thanks. My girlfriend is asleep right now. She works nights occasionally -as do I.

Well I have played D3 more than Skyrim. I dunno, I just couldn't get behind the horrid combat and forgettable characters. Quite frankly, the nord accent irritated the piss out of me. Now don't get me wrong, I would also love to shoot Leah in the face every time she opens her mouth. I'm just saying, to each their own.

If you think D3 has more going for it than Skyrim, I don't even know how to respond to that. Some people prefer twinkies to cake on their birthdays as well, I suppose. "One man's trash" and all that...

Personally, I'd have more fun replaying any number of games at this point. And that's just me. But I'm sure there are a lot of other people in the same boat.
    I have about as much time playing in D3 as I have is Skyrim by this point (around 150 hrs or so), and I think for the time invested both games are a fantastic deal.

I just bought work pants for $100 ($90 + tailoring) yesterday and I feel a lot more ripped off than the $120 bucks I spent on those two games.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    A semi fancy dinner for two costs the same. Lasts for a few hours. It's a good time and all, but it sure as hell isn't over 100 hours of gameplay. "I have logged 130 hours into this game, and now I am disappointed." Now, maybe I'm being a tad cynical here, but personally, if a game disappoints me, I PROBABLY am not going to play the thing for more than an hour. Duke Nukem was disappointing. Perhaps I just don't believe that a game has to have 10 years of replayability to be successful.
    The bottom line is, it would be so easy for Blizzard to make changes to D3 to make it a great game (like skipping the last patch). But that isn't happening. This isn't a "oh, I hate you, waaaaaahhhhh", it's a "what the hell was the reason for them to do that?"

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 05:23 PM ----------

I have about as much time playing in D3 as I have is Skyrim by this point (around 150 hrs or so), and I think for the time invested both games are a fantastic deal.

I just bought work pants for $100 ($90 + tailoring) yesterday and I feel a lot more ripped off than the $120 bucks I spent on those two games.
    It isn't that I feel ripped off. It's that I want Blizzard to take a different direction with the game so that it is more fun to play.

Depends who you talk to. I think the 1.0.3 changes are great, I still far out-earn my repair costs from sellable items alone, and all the gold I gather in the meantime is cake. Characters feel much more balanced, and the upward progression of difficulty is much more smooth.

As I've stated before, gamers hate change. They don't like to change playstyles, and they certainly don't like changes to mechanics. The Game Change Rage has been a common thing since the mid-90s and has no sign of ever stopping.
    Gamers don't hate change, that hate the the drastic changes. Nobody really cared that an increase in repairs costs was coming, but nobody expected it to go up x4 the avg amount, all the while nerfing gold/items from breakables and clickables by 99.5%, reducing gold/items from mobs/elites and MF having no actual bearing on anything outside of a pack of mobs. Put simply, gamers were blind sided, plain and simple.

The minority argues, "Go back to Hell" and farm, so I took that advice, for the sake of saying I did it. With 145%Mf after a 5stack of Neph, I only walked away with 4300g in blue items vendored, and 5 rare drops vendored for 3200g (rounded) and a 1500g repair bill. So 6k in avg if your a first time Inferno puppy dropping down to farm money to survive Inferno, matching 1 stat from my current ilvl60 chest piece, on the low end I would need around 600k-3mil to get an upgrade. Of course this was just 1 run and could just be bad luck, but I hate to see what another 4 runs will look like.

I think the damage nerf did make up for the repair increases. Mobs really hit for less now - cleared whole act 2 together with my friends today, died around 5 times. I play a monk, spent something like 40k on repairs however I made 400k from item and gold drops. Yesterday mobs were hitting twice as well - even the start of act 2 was pretty challenging. Today in the morning we (me as monk, barb, DH and wizard) logged in and rushed through act II clearing all of it (except 3 champion packs which we skipped) without a breeze. The game is easier now, and I think that the repair cost boost was justified. After all, look what happened to WoW without gold sink - everyone has over 200k gold and nowhere to put it. If same happened to Diablo 3 with RMAH around - gold would stop being a currency.

If you die too much - just drop an act or two lower and get better gear.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Gamers don't hate change, that hate the the drastic changes. Nobody really cared that an increase in repairs costs was coming, but nobody expected it to go up x4 the avg amount, all the while nerfing gold/items from breakables and clickables by 99.5%, reducing gold/items from mobs/elites and MF having no actual bearing on anything outside of a pack of mobs. Put simply, gamers were blind sided, plain and simple.

The minority argues, "Go back to Hell" and farm, so I took that advice, for the sake of saying I did it. With 145%Mf after a 5stack of Neph, I only walked away with 4300g in blue items vendored, and 5 rare drops vendored for 3200g (rounded) and a 1500g repair bill. So 6k in avg if your a first time Inferno puppy dropping down to farm money to survive Inferno, matching 1 stat from my current ilvl60 chest piece, on the low end I would need around 600k-3mil to get an upgrade. Of course this was just 1 run and could just be bad luck, but I hate to see what another 4 runs will look like.
    Sell stuff on AH. You can easily make 300k to 3mil a week just on AH sales alone from randoms, esp with the increased drop rates. Playing last night alone I found an item worth 2.5mil and another worth 500k. Run siegebreaker/azmodan to gold farm in hell.

And if you were blindsided, it's because you never read blue-posts. Blizzard stated at the beginning of June that repair fees were likely to go up 4x-6x.
    Last edited by Grraarrgghh; 2012-06-20 at 05:30 PM.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

I have many activities, thanks. My girlfriend is asleep right now. She works nights occasionally -as do I.
    Alright, you sound like a busy man. Why not just move on from this game then? You blew $60 on a game which you did not enjoy, which REALLY sucks (no sarcasm, I can sympathize with making mistakes like that). Why not just try and forget it, move on, and do whatever the hell you want? These forums are quite honestly a horrible time investment.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that you probably have better things to do then talking about a game you quit. I didn't spend my time on the SWTOR forums official forums or in the SWTOR forum here, I just moved on, even though I ended up blowing $75 on that game. In the end, I can't get that money back so I just moved on and did my best to forget the game.

I just don't see why people hang around forums on games they quit, it doesn't make any sense to me.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 01:31 PM ----------

It isn't that I feel ripped off. It's that I want Blizzard to take a different direction with the game so that it is more fun to play.
    Oh, sorry just read this post. In that case, I would suggest moving to the official forums, since Blizzard actually reads those.
    Last edited by Callax; 2012-06-20 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, you sound like a busy man. Why not just move on from this game then? You blew $60 on a game which you did not enjoy, which REALLY sucks (no sarcasm, I can sympathize with making mistakes like that). Why not just try and forget it, move on, and do whatever the hell you want? These forums are quite honestly a horrible time investment.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that you probably have better things to do then talking about a game you quit. I didn't spend my time on the SWTOR forums official forums or in the SWTOR forum here, I just moved on, even though I ended up blowing $75 on that game. In the end, I can't get that money back so I just moved on and did my best to forget the game.

I just don't see why people hang around forums on games they quit, it doesn't make any sense to me.
    Because I'd rather they fixed the game. I really enjoyed it pre-patch. I don't enjoy it now. That's not an exaggeration, that's a staggering change.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 05:34 PM ----------

Oh, sorry just read this post. In that case, I would suggest moving to the official forums, since Blizzard actually reads those.
    I have seen Blizzard make a change to a game that a forum poster here suggested on these very forums within 24 hours. I kid you not.

They obviously don't check here nearly as often. But I'm also not nearly as limited in what I am allowed to say.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-06-20 at 05:35 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'd rather they fixed the game. I really enjoyed it pre-patch. I don't enjoy it now. That's not an exaggeration, that's a staggering change.

So let me get this right. You want to change a game I enjoy as is, because you don't like it? What if I don't like the way you want to change it? Who are you to say whats best for everyone? Maybe me and the other people playing enjoy the way the game is going.

Ever think of that?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Which class do you play? Just wondering.

This patch has been quite frankly amazing to me, I play a Monk. I don't have the best gear but I don't have the time to farm millions of gold to get gear off the auction house so I haven't been able to progress past Act 2 in Inferno before this patch. I'm now progressing, and my repair bills are minimized by the amount of money I'm getting by selling rares and magics, one thing to note is I'm not dieing that often. Only a few of those items I have sold on the auction house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    So let me get this right. You want to change a game I enjoy as is, because you don't like it? What if I don't like the way you want to change it? Who are you to say whats best for everyone? Maybe me and the other people playing enjoy the way the game is going.

Ever think of that?
    I've probably thought about it and arrived at the conclusions that I'd prefer my own opinion, right?

Tough titty. It was never not a matter of opinion versus opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post

Ever think of that?
    If you enjoy the game in 1.03 you're using the RMAH. It's that simple. Whether you're making bank using it or don't mind spending some RL cash on gear, you're using it. For the other 99% of us, this patch is Activision telling us that they don't appreciate us using their bandwidth and hardware for free (since there's no monthly fee), and that we should kindly RMAH or GTFO.

It'll be hilarious if they try releasing an expansion. People may be dumb, but we're not that dumb. It'll be wonderful watching their expansion not sell.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    If you enjoy the game in 1.03 you're using the RMAH. It's that simple. Whether you're making bank using it or don't mind spending some RL cash on gear, you're using it. For the other 99% of us, this patch is Activision telling us that they don't appreciate us using their bandwidth and hardware for free (since there's no monthly fee), and that we should kindly RMAH or GTFO.

It'll be hilarious if they try releasing an expansion. People may be dumb, but we're not that dumb. It'll be wonderful watching their expansion not sell.

Your post makes zero sense.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.