10+ Year Old Account

why cant we use rocket jump and slow fall?

why are they not allowed to be used at the same time?

Deleted
    Good question, Ive died like 100x for not remembering that :P.

Deleted
    I would assume it is to stop people using them to glide to places they shouldnt be able to reach.

If you are trying to glitch or something, simply use the parachute, the effect will have worn off before the parachute is over > cast slow fall.
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

10+ Year Old Account
    im not trying to glitch or anything, i just wish i could use my abilities to escape some situations a little better. Plus it would be fun if we could use both at the same time

You can't use it because some people were pairing them up and it could be considered "overpowered" in rated bgs or just pvp in general. I don't understand why you're not able to outside of these instances, but hey it's most likely just a bandaid fix for a lazy developer.

It use to fun when it was allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmydinner View Post
    You can't use it because some people were pairing them up and it could be considered "overpowered" in rated bgs or just pvp in general. I don't understand why you're not able to outside of these instances, but hey it's most likely just a bandaid fix for a lazy developer.
    oh ok i didnt realize that, i guess people were doing things like grabbing the flag in wsg and going to the top of tunnel door and rocketjumping almost all the way across the field

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    oh ok i didnt realize that, i guess people were doing things like grabbing the flag in wsg and going to the top of tunnel door and rocketjumping almost all the way across the field
    This is also why you now drop the flag when you use the rocket boost from engineering. It was possible to fly across most of the field if you used it with a slowfall ability.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

because to many goblins mages were dieing in when they miss judged their jumps many of the poor bastards ended as smashed blood bags on a cliff face. The public out cry from these horrendous accidents forced the engendering union to require the safety devices on all rocket jump equipment.
    Last edited by Heartfrost; 2012-06-21 at 05:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the middle of the ocean for 7 months out of the year
    Quote Originally Posted by stfouri View Post
    Good question, Ive died like 100x for not remembering that :P.

You do know you can Blink if youre close enough to the ground? Or Iceblock?