Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

so sad when i think about it.... :(

few months ago people thought that the game would be released end of June, which is sometime next week, but no :/

Nope. We still have about 5 months to get before the game is released. Most likely will be between November and December. However, I do believe that the picture of those jerseys that said 6/28/12 is when they will tell us the release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    few months ago people thought that the game would be released end of June, which is sometime next week, but no :/
    Hope for the best, prepare for the worst?

I'm not holding my breath for GW2. When it's ready, it's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Nope. We still have about 5 months to get before the game is released. Most likely will be between November and December. However, I do believe that the picture of those jerseys that said 6/28/12 is when they will tell us the release date.
    Or it could be (crazy idea here) the last day of work for someone like they said it was. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    5 months source? lol
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    5 months source? lol
    His proctologist. Any date at this point is speculation.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not expecting the game out before October, but I do hope they give us a release date by then. How many beta weekends does it take before they go, "Ya know what? This seems pretty polished now. Let's throw it into the market."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post

Nothing is pointing to such a late release at all and never has been.

There are numerous statements that actually point to an earlier release rather then a later one (May/June was always wishful thinking).

One of them being - That Arena Net are planning to have less BWEs then what GW1 had before it's release (how polished the game already is somewhat strengthen this statement as well).

They most likely have an internal release date that they hope to have the game ready for, but it all depends on how the future BWEs turn out and how easy/fast they can fix the bugs that are found (same goes for their internal testing of the content that is not available in the BWEs).

10+ Year Old Account
    They really just need to fix the bugs.. BWE3 needs to receive a date soon and open up a few more zones for the players to test through. And since Guild Wars doesn't really have patches, more updates can still be applied at anytime. I'm just getting really impatient as well.

While I do want a good outcome and an awesome game, It's getting annoying how they can be a little bit disorganized with dates.

Deleted
    Never expected it to be out by June to be honest.

I'm betting on an August/September release date personally.

Deleted
    I still think august

but lets hope july

Quote Originally Posted by Rashanda View Post
    They really just need to fix the bugs.. BWE3 needs to receive a date soon and open up a few more zones for the players to test through. And since Guild Wars doesn't really have patches, more updates can still be applied at anytime. I'm just getting really impatient as well.

While I do want a good outcome and an awesome game, It's getting annoying how they can be a little bit disorganized with dates.
    By 'not having patches' you mean set patch dates that they put off fixes until, right? Because GW1 definitely fixed/added things. xD

Them not sharing dates doesn't mean they're disorganized with them. First, they know the gaming community, as a whole, latches onto dates like leeches and then parade around demanding compensation when dates are wrong. Second, while I'm sure they do have internal deadlines, or at least rough estimates, they stand by their policy of "when it's done".

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    By 'not having patches' you mean set patch dates that they put off fixes until, right? Because GW1 definitely fixed/added things. xD
    I think by "not having patches" they mean not having patch days that take down the servers for a full 12-24 hours for a task that should've been internally tested and verified before applied to live servers....see the guild thread for a parallel conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I think by "not having patches" they mean not having patch days that take down the servers for a full 12-24 hours for a task that should've been internally tested and verified before applied to live servers....see the guild thread for a parallel conversation
    I'm in that conversation. The person I quoted is not. That would be why I am asking what they mean by 'not having patches'.

Well I realize that...now

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of hoping it releases the week of October 18th, would be a great 23rd birthday gift...

Sooner would be great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lannden View Post
    I'm kind of hoping it releases the week of October 18th, would be a great 23rd birthday gift...

Sooner would be great though.
    I'm kind of hoping that the game is out well before November 18th so that people can give me gems and stuff for MY birthday present. =P

Deleted
    People complain games take longer, then people complain that when games come out when expected they are buggy and unplayable.

Just can't win.

Septermber hopefully. Would make me sad to see a game release during the holidays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    People complain games take longer, then people complain that when games come out when expected they are buggy and unplayable.

Just can't win.
    Find a way to make them both come out fast and nearly to completely buggless

win ^