Opening the Gates of AQ40 5.0?

I was wondering if here was any mention of an epic quest line like the opening the Gate of AQ40 like in Vanilla where only one person gets the Achievement, mount, and title? I started playing after the gates were opened but, I really enjoyed the quest line, and the whole idea of it.

Don't be silly, Blizzard don't like things where only one person can get it. Removing mounts from old achievements (or just old achievements themselves) is hard enough for them to do with all the players QQing wanting everything too.

/Points to The Immortal thread yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodey View Post
    I was wondering if here was any mention of an epic quest line like the opening the Gate of AQ40 like in Vanilla where only one person gets the Achievement, mount, and title? I started playing after the gates were opened but, I really enjoyed the quest line, and the whole idea of it.
    The devs have stated on multiple occasions that they thought that whole event sucked, and that they have no plans to ever do anything like it again.

Those were the days. I remember just about every lvl 60 alliance/horde character on my realm being at the gates for the events. The world PvP was immense, so was taken down those giant guardian things too. Server lag kind of hindered it but still, one of the best moments in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    The devs have stated on multiple occasions that they thought that whole event sucked, and that they have no plans to ever do anything like it again.
    No wonder they suck so much then ^^. For me atleast big realm events are one of the most fun things in wow and its tobad we havent seen one in ages

I never heard any mention from the Dev team about the quest line. I know there must be a lot of other that really enjoyed this event.

More than one person could get the Achieve and Title, just not the mount.

I imagine there will be some kind of event, but what.

We have had the scourge and elements, both fitting for their respective expansions. Not sure what 5.0 or any pre expansion event will hold. Something tells me it wont be an attack on our precious cities though. Pardon the pun....this makes me a sad panda.

More on topic, i imagine there will be achievments but no mount / pets etc.
    Last edited by Airsoul; 2012-06-20 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont like the idea of ONE person (or guild even) getting such an awesome reward for something that requires the work of the whole realm like in the AQ event. but i do like the idea of server wide events. and i did like the idea of unique titles for server firsts, atleast have something to show off that you were the first on ur realm to clear a raid. And the wotlk ones we not half bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Did you all live on the great stable servers then? Because on my server everything repeatedly crashed, you got ported to random places and eventually the guild who was gonna do it blew it off and did it secretly one night.

No, I honestly do not remember it as "one of the most fun things"
    This is how I see it as well. The AQ40 events caused a TON of server crashes, issues with transports, and various other server related issues. The nostalgia of it is all that remains, and it's not really even good nostalgia.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    remembers all the people that exploited the bug to get the AQ mount and title; no thanks

Deleted
    Ok, I'd LOVE to see a quest chain like The Scepter of Shifting Sands one. Still, I don't want it to be designed so that a group of people who helps a single char will gain an advantage over those who can't or prefer not to take help from others.

I hope that the quest chain that Wrathion will offer us is something that will not just be done solely for the epic reward, but also for experiencing something remarkable.

To be fair, the devs idea of epic was Dragon Soul and that was awful. So it's no coincidence that the event players enjoyed, the devs didn't.

In a word, NO. What you missed from the actual event was mostly what made it bad. The server-wide event mostly was about FARMING. Turning in ungodly amounts of bandages, stacks of leather, bolts of cloth, iron bars, etc. There was a realm race to compete which realm got enough of those mats turned in to start the gate event. Then there's that huge epic questline... oh boy. There's big rose-tinted glasses looking back at that one. Forget the awesome outdoor boss fights. To even START that questline, someone had to farm THOUSANDS of sithilis carpace fragments from normal mobs around the zone in order to reach neutral with the Brood of Nozdormu. Yes, the first big hurdle for someone going for that one shot at the gong was to get your entire guild to farm endless bugs!

After the gate was open though, anyone that wanted to try that epic quest could just run AQ20 and AQ40 a few times to arrive at neutral rep and get going on it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    More than one person could get the Achieve and Title, just not the mount.
    I'd like to remind you that achievements and titles were introduced in late BC. There WAS no title for ringing the gong at first. Everyone that sucessfully rang the gong within the first 10 hours (real time) got a black bug tank mount. The title and achievement was later given to those that had that mount in their inventory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorath View Post
    In a word, NO. What you missed from the actual event was mostly what made it bad. The server-wide event mostly was about FARMING. Turning in ungodly amounts of bandages, stacks of leather, bolts of cloth, iron bars, etc. There was a realm race to compete which realm got enough of those mats turned in to start the gate event. Then there's that huge epic questline... oh boy. There's big rose-tinted glasses looking back at that one. Forget the awesome outdoor boss fights. To even START that questline, someone had to farm THOUSANDS of sithilis carpace fragments from normal mobs around the zone in order to reach neutral with the Brood of Nozdormu. Yes, the first big hurdle for someone going for that one shot at the gong was to get your entire guild to farm endless bugs!

After the gate was open though, anyone that wanted to try that epic quest could just run AQ20 and AQ40 a few times to arrive at neutral rep and get going on it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 04:11 PM ----------

I'd like to remind you that achievements and titles were introduced in late BC. There WAS no title for ringing the gong at first. Everyone that sucessfully rang the gong within the first 10 hours (real time) got a black bug tank mount. The title and achievement was later given to those that had that mount in their inventory.
    what u just said is bad is what people are trying to say is fun in this post i mean are u catching up on the post??
    this game is getting too easy and dull + its easy to boost now from scrath nobody is going thru any troubles to raid
    when u farm all that rep and mats (here Blizz's idea jumps in) makes u focus in raids instead wiping the group and just leaving