Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    No it wouldn't. Every insectoid race we encountered so far has been worshipping the Old Gods. How is that a twist?
    You got what was expected..... That is the twist.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

As much as I'd like to see N'Zoth in this expansion, I'd prefer the Sha and their origins to stay as something mysterious. Also, the emperor's story doesn't mention any kind of "evil presence that corrupts the masks and creates living creatures out of them" anywhere.

An alliance between the Sha and the Old Gods, which control the Mantid? That would be different. It wouldn't quite fit neither of them (Old Gods don't have allies, and the Sha are just emotions), but it would be better than the usual "Old Gods did it".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Directed by M. Night. Shamamalama sama kun.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    After looking closely at that mural I see a mantid divinity,with its pincers spreading outwards,not an old god.Even so,it also might be a progeny of an old god.(there have to have offsprings , maybe with another being)that is if you enjoy a good twist :d

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, they are not. They aren't even similar to Loken and Thorim. In fact, they are completely different and there's no relation between them in any way, shape or form other than that both happen to be on the same planet.

Loken and Thorim are guardians left behind by the Titans. The Sha are the manifestation of negative emotions of the last pandaren emperor that have no known connection to the Titans whatsoever. How you could call them the "Asian equivalent" is completely beyond me.
    I meant Mogu. The mogu are asian gods like Thorim and Loken were nordic gods. My mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssangel View Post
    After looking closely at that mural I see a mantid divinity,with its pincers spreading outwards,not an old god.Even so,it also might be a progeny of an old god.(there have to have offsprings , maybe with another being)that is if you enjoy a good twist :d
    The effects kind of hide it, but those pincers are tentacles, you can see another two "behind" (right over the other two). In the bigger picture you can also see the other two reaching the sides and making a spiral at the end. I see what you say, but you are only paying attention to some details and not the whole thing, which is an octopus-like creature.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    That's not a twist, though. It's the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I meant Mogu. The mogu are asian gods like Thorim and Loken were nordic gods. My mistake
    Then why bring it up at all? The Mogu aren't being discussed here.

another pic inside Klaxxi'vess tree
    /i.imgur.com/l0htu.jpg

oooo. Interesting. Definitely can't be "just a cool thing" kind of detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    No it wouldn't. Every insectoid race we encountered so far has been worshipping the Old Gods. How is that a twist?
    The Nerubians didn't worship old gods. They were killed and rasied by the Lich King. Some of the ones still alive were friendly.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-06-27 at 01:33 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

It would make sense that the Sha are made by an Old god.

Good find.

Maybe the Sha just like painting and thought Soggoth was a cool looking subject.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The Nerubians didn't worship old gods. They were killed and rasied by the Lich King. Some of the ones still alive were friendly.
    The Nerubians are the northern division of the Aqir, who were made by C'thun from the silithid.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Old gods, How am I not surprised that it obviously N'zoth causing all this ''Chaos'' within the story.

Oh man I DID NOT EXPECT THIS like at all WHATSOEVER

<.<

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 01:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    The Nerubians are the northern division of the Aqir, who were made by C'thun from the silithid.
    Yeah however they were killed by faceless ones of Yogg'saron so not all of them are exactly ''Tied'' together as friends

The old gods control the existence, all are simply puppets in their hands (or tentacles). Kneel before your masters and tremble before them. Long life to the Old Gods!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    New lore is that the Aqir predate the arrival of the Titans, they eventually gave rise to the nerubians and the qiraji, and the qiraji spawned the silithid.

Back when Wrath was coming out, the nerubians were described as BFFs with the Old Gods, though we never really got into the story behind that - the apparently aren't fans in Wrath itself.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope the Sha have little or nothing to do with Old Gods lore. Having everything be some tin-foil hat conspiracy of interconnected non-sense is just bad story telling. What's next, the Burning Legion is actually corrupted by Old Gods from other planets? Titans were made by Old Gods as slaves then rebelled? These kinds of storylines are just lame.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 07:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Mogu are like the Frost Vrykul that pledge allegiance to Thorim, they are not immortal beings, their immortality is entirely based on draining life from other beings to extend their own, versus being innate.

I kinda hope it ISN'T Old God related. I'm so tired of EVERYTHING being the result of Old God corruption. We're almost done with an entire expansion of it and I'd like a break. Same with dragons and elemental aspects.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    made a account for this!

This is what I found on WoWpedia: The Mantid worshipped a old god called Y'Shaarj and it had 7 heads, the Titans killed it, and in the puzzle box of Yogg-Saron, he talks about the black goat with 7 eyes.

I cant post links but just go to WoWpedia and search Y'Shaarj

I too think that is one of Y'Shaarj heads

Deleted
    Its not surprising at all if you got Exalted with the Klaxxi, that's surely Y'Shaarj.