Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the gear you can simply just pay a guild to do a full raid run. You get more gear for your money thqat way and don't have to stay around an NPC hoping to win for a retarded amount. Guilds sell runs all the time on the realm I'm on. Mounts and Pets are another one. You can buy the raid meta and drop mounts with gold already, so same thing applie here as it does gear. Rare drop mounts from older content, farm it. I have and I have a lot of them. I will never spend a dime on the BMAH. Let the people with gold or who are willing to buy go do so.

Stupid gold sink if you ask me. Just going to make the bad money makers buy gold to stay in competition with the people who can make the gold legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Coorpse View Post
    Let’s get real here for a second. I really don’t think it would be a huge stretch to say that an incredibly large percentage of WoW players don’t sit on an amount even close to the BMAH top bid possible.

So really.....who do you think sits on those kind of funds. Illegal farmers with bots and such are who. Yes there are players that have those kinds of funds but it's few and far between. The illegal farmers are the only people in game that can generate those kinds of funds on a consistent bases. So why even allow the possible bids to go so high? I guess it doesn't matter but I would hate to see them mess with that new system in any way.

Also can if I can make a suggestion here if it's not already part of the rules? Please don’t allow level 1s to bid. The gold/item sellers are always level 1.
    Completely untrue. It isn't that difficult to farm a million gold. I've done it in around a month, and I know people who have done it in less time than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Efften View Post
    There is a guy in my guild how has over 2 mil gold over all his accounts. Playing the AH can make you so much money, just have to have the time and know how. Sure he is an expection and I think the average person has somewhere between 50-100k. That just means you might be able to buy a great item for 50-100k. Who knows.
    With four hours of herb farming a week, I made ~20k a week with little effort on the AH through flasks. The key really is just knowing when to sell and when to buy.

so many people are guild capped, around 10 people in my guild have atleast 2 toons capped. It really isn't hard to make gold, i made 5k just from prospecting ore.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

if my dk was on a high pop server, instead of one relatively dead, I could make probably, at least, a couple hundred thousand before MoP hits (jc and enchanting, and my xmute alch paladin too). gold isn't necessarily hard to make up to a couple hundred thousand if you know how, and if you know how then you're likely going to sit on that gold because you essentially are going to make more than you spend. I mean, even with 8 85's (a 9th on a different server) I've managed to get pretty much all of them 397 boots and/or bracers (if not both then jp bracers vp boots), and decked out in at least 378 gear so they're all around a 370-375 ilvl if not higher. that's thousands of gold in gems and enchants, but I'm still sitting around 10k which is what I had when I started gearing them all up. More or less I made that gold back from the dungeons I ran to get the gear, about 80g a dungeon and I do a full clear of ds every week so that's at least 1 heroic gem. I could be at least 40k+ if I hadn't stopped working my jc market.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a guy on my server and his statistics say he pulls in 11k gold a day

Deleted
    Been making around 40-130k a day for a few months now myself. Not really hard.

Let’s get real here for a second. I really don’t think it would be a huge stretch to say that an incredibly large percentage of WoW players don’t sit on an amount even close to the BMAH top bid possible.

So really.....who do you think sits on those kind of funds. Illegal farmers with bots and such are who. Yes there are players that have those kinds of funds but it's few and far between. The illegal farmers are the only people in game that can generate those kinds of funds on a consistent bases. So why even allow the possible bids to go so high? I guess it doesn't matter but I would hate to see them mess with that new system in any way.

Also can if I can make a suggestion here if it's not already part of the rules? Please don’t allow level 1s to bid. The gold/item sellers are always level 1.
    before i quit i had 1.1m gold. i had pretty much given really pushing to make gold as i came close to quitting, otherwise i could easily have had double that. its easy for a small number of people on each server to accumulate very substantial amounts of gold by working the AH. without being bots or cheats.

notice i said "accumulate gold" not "make gold". people building fortunes via the AH are effectively just sweeping up the gold being generated by other players. which is why only a limited number of people can do it on each server.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be surprised how easy it is to get to those levels of gold.

Anyway, the way to prevent bots on the BMAH is that it's only accessible by flying, summoning is disabled, and every now and then a level 90 "pub drunk" gets up from his chair and attacks you and noone else can see him as hostile.

Tada fixed.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

When I played the Auction House during "bored" WoW periods, I regularly had over a 1.5 mil gold (spread across multiple characters of course). The AH was WoW for me. I had more fun keeping wow open while watching a movie and controlling sections of the market than raiding or doing dailies. A year after cataclysm and logging on, however, all my realms were no longer high, but really low population, so I can't be arsed to transfer 10 chars to hi pop realms and don't play WoW anymore.

So, it's why I became so damn addicted to EvE Online again (my first mmo) - the whole corporate theme of the game is amazing. Could have some improvements, but still a lot of fun - not to mention the danger/tension of transfering goods bought at a low price into a high selling price sector. Last time I played, I was sitting on well over 200 billion ISK. Mmmm... must activate that again when this current work project is done.

It's Monopoly money. It's not something that deserves the time necessary to accumulate large amounts of. Besides, I spend most of my time accumulating real money. If I need some extra gold, I can go farm stuff for an hour and make a couple thousand real quick. It's not hard. It's just not necessary. You can puff your chest out and say "I have a shitload of gold in WoW, look at me! I'm awesome!" I rather like to puff out my chest and say "I have a real life job that pays me well and I play WoW to kill some time when I'm not doing important things!"
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had more than 50k gold at any given time D: I feel so poor when I see people saying 'how easy it is' and how they need a gold sink.

I've read all these silly blogs and tips on how to make gold but they never work. I've changed professions three times and meh... I think I'm just not meant to be rich in WoW >.> so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    It's Monopoly money. It's not something that deserves the time necessary to accumulate large amounts of. Besides, I spend most of my time accumulating real money. If I need some extra gold, I can go farm stuff for an hour and make a couple thousand real quick. It's not hard. It's just not necessary. You can puff your chest out and say "I have a shitload of gold in WoW, look at me! I'm awesome!" I rather like to puff out my chest and say "I have a real life job that pays me well and I play WoW to kill some time when I'm not doing important things!"
    Tha's the thing though, you don't need to put any time into it, just spend about 10-15 minutes a day checking the AH buying stuff then reselling and you can make tons of gold. If 10-15 minutes is too much for your work schedule i feel bad for you.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

wait wait wait..... waaaaiiittt...

Everything on Black Market is BOP isn't it? It must be!

If its not OP is right, within two weeks trade will just be full of..

"BUY INVINCIBLES REIGNS! ONLY £200 from WEBUYEVERYTHINGFROMTHEBLACKMARKETHAHAHA.com"

Yea basically I agree with you that not many have this much money. But, my guess on who is the people that have been playing for a long time - and ran out of REAL things to do in wow - and focus on playing the AH game.

Also, your idea makes little sense. I can see maybe a regular player that uses a bot to make money as maybe playing the BMAH - but why would a professional gold farmer do this? They'd much rather have the actual gold to sell and make money from then some BoP mount/pet/armor.
    Unless there is a market for buying an account that has 1 level one alt with Ashes, and as crazy as that sounds it still seems like something a WOW player might just do.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-06-23 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gold cap bid will, of course, be by either STUPID rich ppl, which isnt likely, gold buyers that bought a couple million, or the extremely rare wow billionaire. Otherwise, what we will see is a flurry of bidding wars at the last 30 mins of the auction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Whatever you have to tell yourself.

My 15 minutes a day checking and reposting auctions hardly gets in the way of my full time job or family. You're right, it's not hard at all, but if it's taking you hours upon hours whenever you want to make gold, regardless of whether or not you find it easy, you're still doing it the hard way.

But like I said, whatever one has to tell one's self.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The thing with BMAH is that unlike normal AH, where bought gold can destroy the market, in BMAH the gold is lost on BoP items. So even bought gold is lost from circulation instead of messing up server economy. I think that's what Blizzard is counting on to keep it safe.

My biggest gripe with it is how Blizzard is claiming that it isn't going to be a viable way to gear up even though it offers the best gear around for a price.

Frankly, I don't see that many players being super rich in WoW. Over several realms I play on, I know maybe 10 people that have over 250,000 gold. I don't think it's going to be nearly the bid war that Blizzard thinks it will be for things on there, which will lead to the rich players just buying their way to BiS, because they have the cash to throw around. From my experiences, most of the players I know are sitting on 25,000 - 50,000 gold. To a rich player, dropping 25,000 on an item is chump change compared to the bank breaking amount it is for others.