Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen the gear treadmill will probably be more about farming gear that looks like how you want and has the correct stat allocation. Was kinda interested with these super hard 5 man "raids" they talk about should be fun and I heard the gear from them looks bad ass.

But the thing that made me upset was the fact that everyone looks the same in PvP. So all that hard work you put into getting that amazing set of gear to go kill someone and that person thinks hmm that blue necromancer that looks like everyone else killed me. Hope we can sport our gear in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    From what I've seen the gear treadmill will probably be more about farming gear that looks like how you want and has the correct stat allocation. Was kinda interested with these super hard 5 man "raids" they talk about should be fun and I heard the gear from them looks bad ass.

But the thing that made me upset was the fact that everyone looks the same in PvP. So all that hard work you put into getting that amazing set of gear to go kill someone and that person thinks hmm that blue necromancer that looks like everyone else killed me. Hope we can sport our gear in PvP.
    you can get new gear skins from glory for pvp

in fact in BWE 1 and 2 your gear has no inherent stats on them, only the rune modfies it. the only piece of gear with stats was the accessories (in bwe2 only the necklace)

so they'd be incompatible
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post

In World Vs World you sport your hard earned PvE gear. However in Structured PvP you earn different sets of gear that look good as well. If you want to have "swag" in sPvP you have to earn it in sPvP.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, that's not really a death threat technically...
    Ha true, more like a curse upon thee!

Ive learnt over my time posting in here that a gear treadmill is something I dont want from GW2, its just not necessary in every game I play, I have definitely lightened my negativity since reading what people have to say and even put in my place a few times when ive been flat out wrong, its still the same new community vibe where a game is infallible, but I definitely agree that anther gear treadmill for progress is not needed here, a gear treadmill for vanity is something Id like to try out, but not something I want to see in WoW, i need to chase the carrot.

The gear farming is a silly feature that some (big) MMOs introduced and it somehow became a standard.
    Why do you think games like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, Battlefields, CoDs, Mount & Blade are still played? They have no gear farm or levels (some do, but that's mostly cosmetic). They are played because people like the gameplay and find the game fun.

I give my full respect to Anet for trying to do this to MMORPG world. Also respect to Planetside 2 team for doing basically the same thing.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    The gear farming is a silly feature that some (big) MMOs introduced and it somehow became a standard.
    Why do you think games like Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, Battlefields, CoDs, Mount & Blade are still played? They have no gear farm or levels (some do, but that's mostly cosmetic). They are played because people like the gameplay and find the game fun.

I give my full respect to Anet for trying to do this to MMORPG world. Also respect to Planetside 2 team for doing basically the same thing.
    Indeed an MMO can run with a power plateau, but damn, it needs to be done right :P