Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    well they at least try to make "execute" abilities slightly different from eachother , but i agree its not good change

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    well they at least try to make "execute" abilities slightly different from eachother , but i agree its not good change
    It's a great change. Shadow no longer blows itself up, especially on fights with huge +damage taken mechanics (or ultra-high incoming damage during execute like it usually is). From a PvE perspective, this is years overdue and it's about damn time.

In PvP, if we can get away without needing to use Death out of poly, we have a free glyph slot. If we don't, we can still opt into taking that choice for the old Death. For Discipline/Holy it kinda sucks to use a major glyph for this spell, but for the utility it provides I can kinda see why we'd still want to hold onto that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's a great change. Shadow no longer blows itself up, especially on fights with huge +damage taken mechanics (or ultra-high incoming damage during execute like it usually is). From a PvE perspective, this is years overdue and it's about damn time.

I couldn't agree more. There is nothing quite as frustrating as trying to max your damage output and not being able to because you probably will one shot yourself. Many shadowpriests asked for this or something similar.

derp herp.

the changes blizz is making this expansion.

think they're trying to make the next xpac a fail.

there's abs. no reason to take off the dmg to the casters, NONE WHATSOEVER.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/22...age-to-caster/

blizz: 'lol gaiz, lez take away the skillcap for priests by removing death self-dmg.'

deeeeeeeeeeeerp

In PvP, if we can get away without needing to use Death out of poly, we have a free glyph slot. If we don't, we can still opt into taking that choice for the old Death. For Discipline/Holy it kinda sucks to use a major glyph for this spell, but for the utility it provides I can kinda see why we'd still want to hold onto that.
    ...lol? how can you get away without using the glyph? deathing ccs almost always makes or breaks your arena games for disc AND SHADOW. can't see how you would NOT get the glyph with this moronic change.
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2012-06-21 at 06:46 PM.

You're looking at one aspect of the game, there's still a version out there that isn't just sandbox combat.

Oh no, glyph choices got harder. Especially for Discipline. But hey, I choose Death, Inner Focus (or whatever the heck that one's called now), and Pain Suppression. Oh my god, I made a choice.

You're looking at one aspect of the game, there's still a version out there that isn't just sandbox combat.

Oh no, glyph choices got harder. Especially for Discipline. But hey, I choose Death, Inner Focus (or whatever the heck that one's called now), and Pain Suppression. Oh my god, I made a choice.
    that's a response id expect on the wow forums.

btw, gj on 'only one aspect of the game' argument, never heard such a valuable discussion point ever.

completely removing the dmg on death was a bad idea. there were several other directions they could have taken. perhaps no dmg or reduced dmg when casted onNPCs and full dmg when casted on players.

EDIT: http://hydramist.tv/arena/shadow-wor...#disqus_thread
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2012-06-21 at 08:03 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    tangosmango, I hope you realize that the value of the self damage aspect is fully available to you if you need it for arena, while this removes the issue of shadow priests gimping their execute so as to not kill themselves. On top of which the damage you take during execute range while using the glyph is still based on the non-execute range damage done. Would it be amazingly elegant if it worked based on player vs npc targets? Sure, but I feel like you are overreacting to the change, especially with the claim there are no reasons for the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    tangosmango, I hope you realize that the value of the self damage aspect is fully available to you if you need it for arena, while this removes the issue of shadow priests gimping their execute so as to not kill themselves. On top of which the damage you take during execute range while using the glyph is still based on the non-execute range damage done. Would it be amazingly elegant if it worked based on player vs npc targets? Sure, but I feel like you are overreacting to the change, especially with the claim there are no reasons for the change.
    that's understandable as it's your opinion. but from a pvp standpoint, it's a unreasonable change. i've been reading several forums (including wow forums and there's a thread voicing an opinion similar to mine) and most high rated priests agree that this is a bad change.

i'm fully aware that deathing in pve was an issue or not, i honestly do not care. killing dragons is not a high priority for me. as for pvp, this is a big change, a HUGE change.

And players killing other players, is NOT a high priority for me.

They kept the ability to anti-CC yourself in the game. What glyph are you willing to give up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ailarivirus View Post
    Actually, it's just going to make disc priests harder since they can't death poly anymore.
    Are you saying SW made priest skillcap lower? My brain is full of fuck right now.
    Surely people can't fakecast polys to make you waste your death (it has a cooldown you know, you would know that if you played the class)

15+ Year Old Account
    As somebody who is fairly respected in both pve and pvp - it's an unreasonable change - the right change was to bake the 2pT13 into the passive ability of Death - hell there are many better ways they could have gone with it than making it a glyph. Kelesti the problem is this - it's Mandatory for pvp - it's not an interesting choice, it's "are you in pvp spec or not?" - if you don't take that glyph, your not in pvp spec. That's not fun for any of us.

The flip side is fully understand the risks it causes in pve (though I always thought that was something that made us an interesting class to play, but I can see why they removed it) - there are plenty of progression fights over the last three expansions where we simply couldn't execute because of the backlash: thats an equally huge problem.

Keeping full backlash is not the right solution (because on any fight with high raid damage during execute range - most of them during progression - shadow can't execute as designed). Fully removing the damage is not the right solution (because it makes the glyph mandatory for pvp). There has to be a change that works for both.

Priests must unite to overcome a common foe: developers who don't play priests - scratch each others backs
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2012-06-22 at 08:25 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Blizzard just has no clue at all with what they want to do with priests. You might as well give a three year old a job at priest class design and they will do a better job. Right now the pve rotation is the dumbest thing since being a Mage in molten core. The fact that none of our abilities do any dmg other than DP is a huge problem. Now all you do is wait for 3 orbs to do dmg. For having raids being tested tomorrow, they really don't have priests at any stable area.

This change to the glyph is just dumb, there really is no arguing to it, it's just dumb. Now I'm all for having situational glyph choices/specs but taking away an anti cc ability is just dumb( specially when we have close to none already). It doesn't help either that the glyph is currently bugged and you need to have it or else your sw:d will hit for 25% dmg when the target is below 20%.
    Last edited by Drye; 2012-06-22 at 09:53 AM.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    This change to the glyph is just dumb
    It's not dumb, it simply was unnecessary. The priests who always cried "we'll kill ourselves" on the Beta forums are the dumb people.

The backlash was at most ~25k for a double tap on Beta. That's less than 10% of your health. DP heals 18% of your maxhp...
    The change wasn't needed, we were never in danger of killung us with the backlash in MoP. Never. But still people cried about the backlash, because they didn't understand the XXL tooltip DP had.

SW can only be used on opponents under 20% health on beta.

So IF you take this major glyph you will only able able to prevent CC on yourself only when there is a nearby `with LESS THAN 20% HEALTH nearby and in LoS/range.

This change effectly removes any and all skill from organized Priest PVP.

It's like they're trying to kill their own game, with this and the changes to the other execute spells.

And players killing other players, is NOT a high priority for me.
    Then you're in the wrong thread, get out or get relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    SW can only be used on opponents under 20% health on beta.

So IF you take this major glyph you will only able able to prevent CC on yourself only when there is a nearby `with LESS THAN 20% HEALTH nearby and in LoS/range.
    You might want to read the glyph tooltip again...

I don't understand why people are bitching. Other than not being able to death CC how could this be a bad change at all?

If you use the glyph for pvp (which you should) is there any change at all?

I really can't believe the amount of crying that is happening here.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-06-22 at 01:46 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Not in beta. Anybody have a comprehensive list of major glyph for priests ?

Also blizz could had reversed the comportment of glyph and non-glyph version and i m sure plenty of shadow PvE guys would be crying (maybe not the same people in this thread defending change but some would cry nonetheless). It just the way it works. Ultimately, maybe the solution is to give the spell a different function in PvP and PvE (one easy fix to counter +dmg fight is to make the backlash a % of your max health rather than a % of dmg dealt).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While yes, this change means the need to fill a glyph slot for pvp, the idea of making 2pT13 baseline is also not the answer as that would make deathing cc in pvp absurdly strong as you would not even take noticeable damage doing so. It would be more convenient if the glyph worked the other way as the damage removal is not always required in nonpvp situations but other than a glyph slot this has not changed game play in any way.

If it wasthe other way around, Shadow would be having the EXACT same issue for PvE. It wouldn't be a choice, it would "remove the choice" as people are saying it now.

And as pointed out, a Death that only tickles (2pc13) would be way too powerful in PvP.

PS a lot of people in this thread don't even seem to know what the glyph actually does, at that.

PS a lot of people in this thread don't even seem to know what the glyph actually does, at that.
    Doesnt it just keep the spell the same as it is on live? Or did I miss read it?