There are currently several issues with blood on the beta which several blood dks and myself find alarming and worthy of some dev attention. I intend to use this thread to compile a list of known issues and possible solutions.
1. Excessive downtime for blood on beta compared to live which makes the rotation fill slightly clunky, this was caused by the 1 second gcd being made baseline. However, this has resulted in a rather high downtime for us as tanks (I believe the exact number is 34%) which leaves us to twiddling our thumbs a fair bit. Many have suggested that the reintroduction of crimson scourge as well as reducing the cost of rune strike from 30 rp to 20 rp can and will fix our downtime issue and should be added, there are of course other options and we would gladly welcome them. Point being of course, is it is a known issue and we would like our downtime to shrink back to something normal like it is on live (I believe the number is around 14%).
2. Currently on the beta dnd and blood boil are a complete joke for aoe threat. I feel that our aoe threat issues can be fixed by making current tools we use on live to improve our aoe threat baseline, these are as follows: the dnd portion of morbidity (buffed of course to compensate for the amount which has already been taken from us on the beta), the increased dnd duration glyph, and crimson scourge (to make blood boil worthwhile on add fights again).
3. Blood dks like myself have repeatedly asked for a raid cd and our requests have fallen on deaf ears, I strongly feel Blizz should finally sort this out for us. The following is a lore based exampled for a raid cd:
Pact of the Dark Fallen: corrupts the ground around the death knight and his allies placing an absorption shield which protects them for 20% of all incoming damage, lasts 10 seconds. 3 minute cd (Note this ability does not benefit the user, only the raid)
The reason I have chosen the name 'Pact of the Dark Fallen' is because it's roots lay in ICC just as many of the new dk abilities from cata do. I have chosen to borrow the name from the Blood-Queen Lana'thel encounter because it fits perfectly with the current blood dk lore. Just as she was a vampire who drained the life force of her targets to sustained her self, we too do the same. We drain the very life essence from our targets to both heal and shield ourselves from further damage. Furthermore, the name fits into the lore of dks as a whole because, we are in fact, the dark fallen and made a pact to defend Azeroth the moment we broke free from the Lich King's grasp at Light's Hope Chapel.
4. I feel that purgatory should be made baseline as it IS a tanking cd and belongs with the tank. Making it baseline for blood will free us up to choose a useful skill from the utility tree, say perhaps AMZ. That being said it would only be fair to NOT penalize blood dks a utility talent for taking a tasty survivability cd that should be already be blood exclusive. The early dk talent trees on the beta allowed all dks to select boneshield and vampiric blood which would ultimately led to op/nerfs of the dk class a whole and severely limited blood dks in their talent options. The ideas were of course scrapped and the abilities were once again made blood exclusive just as purgatory needs the same treatment. Furthermore, I believe by not making purgatory a blood exclusive ability Blizz are setting themselves up for needless headaches caused by class imbalance in pvp settings which ultimately lead to purgatory being nerfed.
5. Blood damage output is quite a bit lower than it is on live, a fair bit of this is due to the damage portion of improved death strike not being added back to death strike in the form of a buff. Seeing as death strike is not only our healing/shielding move, but is also our main threat move it needs to hit harder instead of like a limp noodle. I feel that adding a buff to death strike's damage to make it once again hit for 330% weapon damage would do wonders for increasing our damage (tank dps is important on progression fights) as well as threat output. Well, Blizz are addressing this one so far. Glad to see this thread is actually working. I would like to extend a special thank you to SSHA778 for taking the time to sim blood's damage. This guy has really busted his butt for us and doesn't even have a beta key.
6. Return abomination's might to us. I know that might has been converted to provide 5% mastery instead of an ap boost with mana regen, that being said, paladins and monks should not be the only tanking class to provide the buff. I would like to see abomination's might returned to blood dks so that we too can provide the mastery buff in mists.
7. The current dk talent tree caused us to feel 'left out in the cold' no pun intended (or is it?). Anyway, we would like to see some passive buff effects added to our utility spells so they are actually on par with the damage boosting talents numerous other classes gained. Below is a rough consensus of ideas floating around on the forum:
Desecrated ground: reduces damage taken from AoE by 10/15/20%.
Gorefiend’s Grasp: Death Grip now useable on friendly targets, when used in this manor the Death Knight and Target split all incoming damage and/or healing for the next 3 sec. (the hit should be softened by the armor of whoever the original hit was taken on)
Remorseless Winter: Frost Fever and Blood Plague ticks generate 3 runic power. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 secs.
Desecrated ground: reduces damage taken while stunned by 10/15/20%.
Remorseless Winter: chillbains.
Gorefiend’s Grasp: Reduces Spell damage taken by 10%.
Remorseless Winter: Chains of Ice now effects all enemy targets within 8 yards of the current enemy target.
Gorefiend’s Grasp: Frost Fever and Blood Plague ticks reduce the CD of Outbreak by 1.5sec. (so if you cast Outbreak on a target, after 30sec the CD is reset.)
Desecrated ground: reduces the CD of Death and Decay by 15sec.
Gorefiend’s Grasp: spending Death Runes grants Gorefiend’s Boon for 8sec. Gorefiend’s boon grants a different buff depending on current active presence:
Blood – 5% dodge
Frost – 5% haste
Unholy – 5% shadowfrost Damage
Remorseless Winter: spending Death Runes grants double Runic Power.
8. We are currently missing 5% added armor due to the removal of toughness. Paladins and Protection Warriors get 10% passive armor buffs. We would like for our to be balanced and the 5% armor added back as well as our 4% damage reduction perhaps in the form of a buff to blood presence.
9. Seeing as paladins gain charges of holy power from the use of both crusader strike and hammer of the righteous, we dks should gain scent of of blood stacks from death strike and heart strike. This would allow for more synergy and over all tanking class balance by giving a purpose to heart strike aside from mere threat.
10. Several people have voiced concerns over the current cost of dancing rune weapon. Many feel that the cost of 60 rp is a detriment not only to damage output but our ability to generate blood charges for blood tap. Some feel that the rp cost should be removed entirely because other tanks do not have to 'pay' resources to use their cds so why should we? Furthermore, the 60 rp cost can leave us resource starved for several seconds. Others feel the rp cost should be reduced to 30 rp to at least give us a small bit of wiggle room. Either way, we would like to see the rp cost changed for the better.
The aforementioned are known issues I feel need to be addressed, if anyone else has concerns or comments feel free to leave them below.
(Edited to include viewer suggestions and to illustrate viewer-based reflections)
Here's the link to our official forum post. Please show your support and help us get our current concerns addressed.