Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delameko View Post
    Yeah, the beginning 30 minutes or so were quite boring. Just running around and talking to people mostly, I almost gave up myself. It didn't start to get interesting until you reach the first proper zone, which for me was Kingsmouth under siege from zombies.
    The beginning of games are tutorials. They are always easy and/or dull if you aren't someone who needs the tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    secret worlds quests does not hold your hand so i am sure it aint a game for u if u cant get past first following part,
    Actually, they do hold your hand. Mission manager displays markers on your map, and in the world, to show you where to go. The only exception are investigation quests, but they are like 5-15% of all quests. Even introduction quests did show where to go.

But there is a thread dedicated to TSW, so I guess it would be better to bring discussion there:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-World/page59
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Ok, I played in the last beta weekend for like, 20 minutes... There was no dialogue AT ALL in the intro sequence; the only hint about what is going on is that you swallow some glowing bug and gain super powers or magic or some such nonsense. I started a Dragon, and I was kidnapped by the old wizard guy from Big Trouble In Little China, and then unceremoniously dumped into an alley with no direction to go. Was instantly bored. should I have given it a little more time? Probably... Will I spend $60 to find out more when the game comes out? Probably not. /2cents
    Too bad for you, then. You missed the part where that Asian chick gives you head to induce a vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Actually, they do hold your hand. Mission manager displays markers on your map, and in the world, to show you where to go. The only exception are investigation quests, but they are like 5-15% of all quests. Even introduction quests did show where to go.

But there is a thread dedicated to TSW, so I guess it would be better to bring discussion there:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-World/page59
    Thats not entirely true. TSW quest are broken up into several types. The only ones that tell you exactly where to go are item retrieval quest and hunt down x monster/npc.

Its was funny reading chat last weekend at all the people who need help with completing quest objectives in The Savage Coast. Have fun trying to open up Illuminati Valuts if you think the game is going to give you markers. How many people had trouble following the ravens? Tons of people didn't know what to do in the first solo instance. How many people didn't know the password to the keypad outside of the church or couldn't find the wards around the church?

A lot of people down right skipped the junkyard and airfield because objectives didn't jump out and say "here I am!"

Can't wait for another round of beta testers trying to figure out the Carrie house or how do you wake up a hunk of flesh.

I completed 85% of the quest available to weekend testers sans the ARG (investigation) quest. There aren't markers for a lot of them.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Ok, I played in the last beta weekend for like, 20 minutes... There was no dialogue AT ALL in the intro sequence; the only hint about what is going on is that you swallow some glowing bug and gain super powers or magic or some such nonsense. I started a Dragon, and I was kidnapped by the old wizard guy from Big Trouble In Little China, and then unceremoniously dumped into an alley with no direction to go. Was instantly bored. should I have given it a little more time? Probably... Will I spend $60 to find out more when the game comes out? Probably not. /2cents
    You aren't supposed to know whats going on. And if you've only played 20 min on your first go, you haven't even seen the surface of the game. Unless you have sever ADD, I don't see how you can get "bored" when you haven't even see enough content to get bored with.

I can see if you madeit out of the tutorial and played around in the first zone but come on...According to your post you didn't even get to choose a weapon yet.

Illuminati vaults were investigation quest (the one at the church). But one part of it was bad, and I hope devs will do something about
    While the "hands of time" clue was clearly referring to clock "pointers" I refused checking the clock in the same room, because it was obvious to me, that the clue would have to refer to some clock which always show the same time for some years, for the clue to make sense. Like broken church tower clock for example? Unfortunatelly devs thought the clue was witty enough and simply overlooked it. Which sucks, because people thinking logically will in fact have to look for walkthroughs
    Raven quest did tell you to follow the ravens.

And some other quests were simply broken, like two scrapyard quests. The one where you beat zombie killing record - after waiting for 15 minutes since last attack no more zombies appeared. Or the quest with dog, which was never there and game simply said "xxxx is not here, come back later".

But besides those most quests are straightforward. Go there and kill/use/grab something
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Delameko View Post
    Yeah, the beginning 30 minutes or so were quite boring. Just running around and talking to people mostly, I almost gave up myself. It didn't start to get interesting until you reach the first proper zone, which for me was Kingsmouth under siege from zombies.
    Same here, give it some time, ppl. Yeah it's ugly and dialogues are beyond stupid, practically some npc talks to you for good 3 mins while you just stare at him/her with the "just don't make sudden moves. just. don't. make. sudden. moves and it'll go away" face and starting locations are very bad and boring (but short), but when you get to Kingsmouth and actually start doing quests -- ooh it's wonderful. Honestly, it took me whole last saturday to get into this damn game, I was bored to hell so I guess they're lucky, cuz next day I already played it non stop and now can't wait for next beta and release. I'm seriously hooked up right now.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Chronos80; 2012-06-21 at 12:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a beta key for the weekend little worried after checking the megathread about the lack of character customization and generally looking horrible with the flow of combat
    the setting does have me intrigued though especially if it can be compared to bloodlines, well that and no guild wars 2 release as of yet
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    Seriously ppl, if you got nothing better to do this weekend -- try it. Don't log out until you get to first big location -- Kingsmouth, town overrun with zombies. This is where real fun starts. It's slow at beginning but this "tutorial" passes fast and when the real game starts it's quite enjoyable. I been only in 1 dungeon, since I can't stand manual grouping and no teleport, but it was pretty damn fun and last boss was just great and challenging. Not over the top, but just fine.