Poll: Favorite Siege weapon

10+ Year Old Account

Favorite siege weapon

So what's everyone's favorite weapon to use as far as Siege goes? Mine used to be the canon which goes with keep/tower upgrades but after watching this video:

I'm gonna try and go with the ballistae for the awesome single and aoe dmg!

Deleted
    Any ground-targeted siege weapon. It's really satisfying to lead the target, especially since it is fairly easy for the opposing forces to avoid the red circles as it is. So (if I recall correctly) cannon, ballista (ballistae is plural, btw ), and arrow cart. Maybe mortar?

Gonna say the trebuchet, though only in theory. Didn't really do much WvW but the idea of being the artillery guy nailing peeps from across the maps is pretty sweet in my eyes
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted golem, because golem.

Where's my Cow Launcher?

Deleted
    I'd prefer a potatoe gun.

It would be awesome if they added in some small mines later. I can see them being low resource cost and great for defense. They might need a timer though, say 30 minutes and they disappear if not stepped on. They would even be great for ambushes, especially on Dolyak Convoys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to vote trebuchet, but anytime I tried to build one, there weren't enough people interested in building it, so it never got built. :<
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Takes a minute for it to get started, but this video is every mmo underdogs dream.

Dunno if this is what you meant by "arrow cart", but I'm just gonna leave this here.

Start at around 3:56 to see it in action.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked trebuchet because my precious baby was not only a monster but it kept me very far away from the front lines which is my ideal location =D!!

That being said, the canon was a VERY VERY close second...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish there was some easy way to tell how far back was a good place to build a siege weapon. I know it has a numerical range listed in the blueprint, but those numbers didn't mean shit to me.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I have a clear fondness of the arrow cart against uncoordinated zergs of opponents. The ballista in all it's glory is great when there's fewer enemies, but there's nothing that gives as much satisfaction as two arrow carts on top of the wall just mowing down the idiots trying to mash down the gate with their faces and one or two rams.

Had several occations last BwE where me and one other guy shouted to our guildies "Incomming HUGE pack of enemies!" just to a minute or two later say "Don't bother, they are all dead now".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I want to vote trebuchet, but anytime I tried to build one, there weren't enough people interested in building it, so it never got built. :<
    I have a feeling that will change once launch comes. When WvW guilds will be common and strategy and efficiency will be the norm for taking/defending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I wish there was some easy way to tell how far back was a good place to build a siege weapon. I know it has a numerical range listed in the blueprint, but those numbers didn't mean shit to me.
    eh, idk the range on all those lesser weapons, but i knew about how far to build my treb because i just got used to the range on it... the first one was pretty fucking close lol, to the point where hitting the fire button and immediately letting go would smash a boulder right into the top of the walls xD quickly learned how far to build from there...

PS: Those numbers that "didn't mean shit to you" actually help quite a bit for scoping out where to build, i used my longbows 1 attack (as a ranger) as my way to tell how far i was from the walls...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.