Thread: Mage solo

Mage solo

I did a quick "mage solo thread" search and nothing was on the first page and by google logic it therefor doesn't exist. I'm not really asking if I can solo raids... well some raids but... Can I solo Ony for the mount, VP and Stone core?

I have no idea really since I'm still leveling the blighter
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

ony proly... vp maybe but the dragon hits hard so u need to kill him super fast with mirror images..... stonecore sure for the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Vortex Pinnacle and Stonecore can be farmed for the mounts on normal mode, you should be able to solo them without problems, with a minimum of gear.

Onyxia has been soloed by various classes, but if i were you, i'd go watch some guides/solo tactics before attempting, as she hits quite hard and the whelplings can be a mess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    ony proly... vp maybe but the dragon hits hard so u need to kill him super fast with mirror images..... stonecore sure for the mount.
    actually vp is the easiest of these to solo with a mage

how can you solo vp? given u don't get oneshotted by mobs before the bosses, how can you kill Grand Vizier Ertan? He hits like 1/5 of my health and cannot be kited

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonelol View Post
    how can you solo vp? given u don't get oneshotted by mobs before the bosses, how can you kill Grand Vizier Ertan? He hits like 1/5 of my health and cannot be kited
    He doesn't hit quite that hard... The way I do it is like this:

Stick up Mana Shield, open with a Pyro from range, blink inside the tornados and then stand there taking a beating while doing the regular Fire rotation. When he pulls in the Tornados, Ice Block. When they go away, un-Ice Block. Pop Mirrors, pop Hero, go nuts and get a good Combustion going. If you're lucky he'll die before your mirrors run out and before the next set of Tornados comes in. If you do have to deal with another set of Tornados, stand outside them and try to limit the number of lightnings you take. Shield and Evo once Cauterize kicks in.

It might be even easier to do that fight as Arcane, especially as you're not relying on a good Combustion, I just don't bother as Fire makes the trash that you do need to kill much easier, and switching specs is wasted seconds. The Cloud Princes can all be skipped with Invisibility. I usually kill all the trash up to the Cloud Princes, Invis to Ertan. Kill all the trash up to the second dragon that heals, and Invis past that and the adds up the path. Altairus is a joke fight. Pop mirrors, stand upwind and collect your mount (hopefully).
    Last edited by JohnnyQuest; 2012-06-23 at 12:11 PM.

just give water elemental some sort of taunt for mists