The main issue with the game

This isn't meant to be a QQ post, although I know it will be percieved as such. But irregardless I will say it anyways. I was running through farming act 1 today when it hit me, I got what I would consider to be a good item for someone. I believe it was a pair of bracer with str, vit, fire resist, and resist all. Not an overly large amount of any of them but still enough that someone should find them to be an upgrade. Finished my run and went to the ah to look for similar items.

Thats when it hit me, tons of items with similar or better stats posted for under 20k gold. I realized that the issue is not with any system in the game, readily availability of the auction house, loot dropping at a low or high rate, there being a more efficient way to farm or not. The issue is that the game is too popular. There are simply too many people connected to the same systems so as an individual it feels impossible to feel special. Short of getting the absolute best item in the game there will always be a bunch more of similar items setting a market and generally it will be less than what you expect.

At this point in the game most people who want to be in inferno are at the very least in act 1 with moderate to decent gear. So items that you find that you think man that would have been nice to have when I first got to inferno! I payed x amount for these, i should be able to sell them to some other player at that point and they will be happy to have it. But then seeing that no, its not worth anywhere near what it was before, and then looking at anything thats an upgrade for you costing an insane amount that you can't even fathom getting too, especially with all the nerfs to finding gold and the increase in repair bills.

As for a proposed solution I really can't think of one short of splitting people up into smaller clusters, which wouldn't even be an option with how many people are playing with friends from all over the country and the world. I still enjoy the game, but it just doesn't have that same feeling that diablo 2 had with the trading going on and the lack of connection systems in place.

TL;DR with how many people are playing the game it just gets harder and harder to feel like you're accomplishing anything.

If an accompishment for you is impressing other peope/standing out, I don't know what to tell you. If that is not the case, there are many personal things you can do which coud be considered accomplishments. Anything from beating the game on hardcore, while being undergeared, without pots, less skills, etc. The lack of accomplishment feelings completely falls on you, because there are certainly options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by gb4200 View Post
    If an accompishment for you is impressing other peope/standing out, I don't know what to tell you. If that is not the case, there are many personal things you can do which coud be considered accomplishments. Anything from beating the game on hardcore, while being undergeared, without pots, less skills, etc. The lack of accomplishment feelings completely falls on you, because there are certainly options out there.
    It's not about standing out, he found a good piece of gear... which has a pretty low chance to drop. It has really good rolls for tanks and wizards.

He found a good piece of gear (pretty rare), only sells for 20k and he pretty much got no where. 20k won't buy himself a good upgrade and won't even help a repair bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, pretty disheartening when you see 47 pages of a legendary item. Especially if every one of them is 2m + gold.

I actually wonder if you would be able to progress without using bots if you started in , let's say, 6 months playing Diablo III.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gb4200 View Post
    also sorry for breaking this to you but this is one of the major reasons for people to save that many time for Multiplayer games.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    It's not about standing out, he found a good piece of gear... which has a pretty low chance to drop. It has really good rolls for tanks and wizards.

He found a good piece of gear (pretty rare), only sells for 20k and he pretty much got no where. 20k won't buy himself a good upgrade and won't even help a repair bill.
    Ok, I can see what you are getting at, but I respectfully disagree. I am hoping for PvP or some type of end-game to be added though, so I kind of feel like decent leveling gear should be reasonaby priced, but we shall see. At the very least when they add PvP, you will be able to make money off of selling those items, but if this is how it is going to stay I could agree to your point. Although if you are having that problem you are likely done/close to with the game.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post

also sorry for breaking this to you but this is one of the major reasons for people to save that many time for Multiplayer games.
    Even then there were opportunities, and still are to stick out by actually accomplishing something other then good gear based on gameplay. Different strokes for different folks?
    Last edited by gb4200; 2012-06-22 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maes View Post
    But regardless I will say it anyways.
    Fixed that for you. Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.