Deleted

Question Shadow Priest: Need suggetions on how I can improve or change my stats!

Hello there! So this is my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...taron/advanced
    I'm have a problem with balancing Haste and Mastery or so I think I have ... Also ... need to gem 1 more Chimera's Eye on my gear, but I don't know if I have to make a Haste or an Intellect 1 now! I tried to fix my Haste, so I have 3220 haste rating at the time. Hmmm ... ye I'm kind of confused ... so .... check my little priest out and post your suggestions! I really need some pieces of advice here Thank you
    Last edited by mmocca5321c780; 2012-06-21 at 12:34 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intellect is king always.

In terms of haste/mastery, I recommend 30% raid buffed haste (or as close to - but not below - 30%), and the rest dedicated to mastery.

The haste break points above 30% are related to Devouring Plague. But if you aren't renewing devouring plague anytime an intellect buff procs or whenever you're moving, you're doing it wrong. So 30% is the place to be. Putting the rest into mastery will help make the 4 piece bonus rotation all that much more powerful. If you're not casting mind blast enough, and you're not using your 4 piece set correctly, haste may end up being better for you. Otherwise, I'd go mastery after 30%.

I hope that makes sense!
    Last edited by lwalker8; 2012-06-21 at 09:07 PM.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Deleted
    Hey there! Well... I do use Plague and Mind Blast all the time as they are in our main rotation. And I have 5set hc ... So you say I go for mastery or...? My Haste Rating is 3220 now, I had 3170 and I soched the belt with 50 Haste cauze I wanted to reach 3204 ... but I got the 3220 Haste Rating :/ And I also miss a Chimera's Eye gem ... prolly it's gonna be an Intellect one. I had like 16+% of Mastery, I don't remember the rating, before i got the HC feet now I have way less... 1387 Mastery Rating :/ Don't know what to change or if I really have to change something now ... cauze I also want to keep my Hit cap.

Deleted
    If you wanted to reach the 3202 haste break point, switch your enchantment on gloves to 50 haste instead of switching a 50 intel gem;s 50intel>>65 mastery

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can go for whatever haste breakpoint you want. But almost every top parse utilizes 30% raid buff haste, with the rest put into mastery. There is no situation where DP's extra ticks will be better. If there are multiple targets, you have added another tick to a DoT that is only on one target. If there is one target, you are better off with the mastery.

On the enchants and gems: Intellect should always be the top priority for everything. Orange gems should be Int/Mastery at this point. For gloves, 65 mastery is always better than 50 haste, no matter what breakpoint you're going for.

What to change right now: Go to the reforger, reforge as much haste as you can into mastery until your haste is as close to 30% (27% - if you get DI) as possible. Then make sure you are using mind blast on CD (stop doing whatever you're doing and cast it), and make sure you are using your 4 piece set rotation correctly (waiting for 3 orbs on mind blast crits).

Deleted
    Hmmm .. I have like 34% of Haste for a long time now. So you say to balance Haste and Mastery. Haste over 30% id useless or ?? Cauze I read something about 3202 Haste Rating or 3204 ... But I think having both stats as topped as possible would be the best ...

3202 haste is actually the point where Improved Devouring Plague (the upfront damage) gets a boost. So if a fight is movement heavy and you tend to spam DP a lot, you would want to reach this haste point. However on standstill fights such as Ultraxion, you just may want to drop it down to 2589 haste and get some extra mastery as it can benefit the 4pc t13 bonus a lot more.

Also it is bad to gem pure secondary stats. If you gem pure secondary stats, you are effectively trading intellect, which is the worst possible trade you can get. Hence reforging is usually the way to go since reforging means trading secondary stats for other secondary stats with no chance of losing int. I had a look at your gear and it seems that in terms of reforging, you could only change your shoulder reforge from [crit -> haste] to [mastery -> haste] but even then that only gives you 23 extra haste instead of the 32 you need. So in this case you may want to replace the 65 mastery enchant on gloves to 50 haste (as Falsified mentioned). Another option is to get Spine of DW gloves which has haste by default...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Over 30% haste isn't useless, mastery is just better. A lot of people will say 3202 haste is better, but the logs don't back it up. I did an analysis of the top parses on WoL a while back, since that time the scales have tipped even further towards mastery.

From WoL:

Morchok: Top parse is mastery reforged
    Zon'ozz: Top parse is mastery reforged
    Yor: Top parse is mastery reforged
    Hagara: Top parse is mastery reforged
    Ultraxion: Top parses are mixed between haste and mastery. The main factor here seems to be a 410 CoC and the Legendary.
    Warmaster: Top parse is haste reforged
    Madness: Top parse is mastery reforged
    With this in mind...

Your gems should be: red - 50 int, orange - 25 int/25 mast, purple - 25 int/25 spi.

Your glove enchant should be 65 mastery.

You should reforge your haste around a soft cap of about 30.5% (helps MB casts sync a bit better), and then gather as much mastery as possible.

Deleted
    I did some changes on my reforges and gems ... now I have 2606 Haste Rating and 1951 Mastery Rating ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestaron View Post
    I did some changes on my reforges and gems ... now I have 2606 Haste Rating and 1951 Mastery Rating ...
    Now remove these 2 reforges you have there. You have 73 spirit to Mastery on your Cloak, and then 73 mastery to Spirit on your bracers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    Over 30% haste isn't useless, mastery is just better. A lot of people will say 3202 haste is better, but the logs don't back it up. I did an analysis of the top parses on WoL a while back, since that time the scales have tipped even further towards mastery.

With this in mind...

Your gems should be: red - 50 int, orange - 25 int/25 mast, purple - 25 int/25 spi.

Your glove enchant should be 65 mastery.

You should reforge your haste around a soft cap of about 30.5% (helps MB casts sync a bit better), and then gather as much mastery as possible.
    I don't know when you did this but right now the same guy is rank1 on every fight on 25hc, he's being fed 4+tott, DI, 2x PI, FM etc.

If you took it from a while ago then I was rank1 zonozz, and it was haste.
    if you look through the top10 of each fight you should find a mix of each, you'll also find that getting ranked has a lot more to do with being fed buffs and cheesing tactics than it is to do with what reforges you're using.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    I don't know when you did this but right now the same guy is rank1 on every fight on 25hc, he's being fed 4+tott, DI, 2x PI, FM etc.

If you took it from a while ago then I was rank1 zonozz, and it was haste.
    if you look through the top10 of each fight you should find a mix of each, you'll also find that getting ranked has a lot more to do with being fed buffs and cheesing tactics than it is to do with what reforges you're using.
    All of that data was for 10 man. And the Zon'ozz logs are a bit messed up now, because people are spending much less time on the encounter and much less time with damage modifiers. It's basically a contest to see who has the 18 worst DPS playing with them - but still downs it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    All of that data was for 10 man. And the Zon'ozz logs are a bit messed up now, because people are spending much less time on the encounter and much less time with damage modifiers. It's basically a contest to see who has the 18 worst DPS playing with them - but still downs it.
    If it helps I was rank1 from feb through to june :P

but ya, I agree.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, one of the two that passed you only had 20 players in the raid. Fight times were way over 5 min when most kills now are closer to 3 min 30 sec. But in general, everything now is fight length and/or gimmicks, so it's hard to tell what's working and what isn't. But - it's interesting to see your gear set up and logs. Are you reforging at all for different fights? 25 mans seem to benefit from haste more as well in the parses I've looked at.

I tried the heavy haste build, but I don't have the legendary. Perhaps that is playing into it somehow, as well.