Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Yeah I should just spend millions and outgear it like everyone else. Is that what you are saying? Because I think a nerf that takes me from Belial inferno to skeleton king inferno might a bit to much. Did any other classes move that far back?

And don´t give me a bunch of BS about glass cannons. Blizz made the game so they were most effective, then completely broke the spec.
    What I'm saying is that you were somewhere you don't belong on account of Blizzard's mistakes. As for Butcher, I really think you just need to play differently. The only thing I couldn't avoid on the Butcher was the 5 fire chains he throws out, and if that doesn't one-shot you, you can beat him.

Yeah I should just spend millions and outgear it like everyone else. Is that what you are saying? Because I think a nerf that takes me from Belial inferno to skeleton king inferno might a bit to much. Did any other classes move that far back?

And dont give me a bunch of BS about glass cannons. Blizz made the game so they were most effective, then completely broke the spec.
    There's no denying that the nerf really hurt but blizzard didn't want them to be so effective, hence the nerf. This game reaks of having very little end game testing. The DH is the #1 example of this. Played certain ways they were way too good, along with sorc's and their force armor. It sucks to have all these game changing nerfs I know but they were too good. Did you see that video Riptide linked above? A little to OP I'd say. All those hits with the life on hit + leech. All doing like at least 50k dmg a tick. The guys healing himself for thousands of life every time he shoots one of those and has no need for other defense. He can take Diablo's lightning to the face on inferno with next to no resist, that's just broken.

If your going to keep playing D3 you going to be better off looking at these first few months of the game as the actual beta lol. That's what I do, seems to make all the nerfs hurt less. It sucks but it's just how it is.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-06-21 at 08:38 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    What I'm saying is that you were somewhere you don't belong on account of Blizzard's mistakes. As for Butcher, I really think you just need to play differently. The only thing I couldn't avoid on the Butcher was the 5 fire chains he throws out, and if that doesn't one-shot you, you can beat him.
    Yeah, i´m sure you are correct. I can beat him. However the problem is, that I don´t have time to farm all that much, and 7-10 failed attempts = 15k - 40k repair bill now. My luck on drops is legendary, incl 39 weapon drops in New kara on my DK with no loot, 3 tiers in wow with no trinket won. And in D3 I have a barb and DH on inferno yet never gotten a drop I could sell above 300k. I suck

But to say I was somewhere I dind´t belong? I was on Belial Inferno, now I can´t even kill Butch, seems quite the setback.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    There's no denying that the nerf really hurt but blizzard didn't want them to be so effective, hence the nerf. This game reaks of having very little end game testing. The DH is the #1 example of this. Played certain ways they were way too good, along with sorc's and their force armor. It sucks to have all these game changing nerfs I know but they were too good. Did you see that video Riptide linked above? A little to OP I'd say. All those hits with the life on hit + leech. All doing like at least 50k dmg a tick. The guys healing himself for thousands of life every time he shoots one of those and has no need for other defense.

If your going to keep playing D3 you going to be better off looking at these first few months of the game as the actual beta lol. That's what I do, seems to make all the nerfs hurt less. It sucks but it's just how it is.
    And you are not the slightest bit pissed that such a company made such a poor release after being in development since 2001?
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2012-06-21 at 08:42 PM.

Yeah, i´m sure you are correct. I can beat him. However the problem is, that I don´t have time to farm all that much, and 7-10 failed attempts = 15k - 40k repair bill now. My luck on drops is legendary, incl 39 weapon drops in New kara on my DK with no loot, 3 tiers in wow with no trinket won. And in D3 I have a barb and DH on inferno yet never gotten a drop I could sell above 300k. I suck

But to say I was somewhere I dind´t belong? I was on Belial Inferno, now I can´t even kill Butch, seems quite the setback.

And you are not the slightest bit pissed that such a company made such a poor release after being in development since 2001?
    If you didn't have time to farm, how did you reach Belial? You got there because you were playing DH. You couldn't have gone that far with any other classes. It's the same with my friends who played DH.

And no amount of beta testing on Blizzard's end will equate to the playing of millions of millions of players. It's why games have patches, why OS's have service packs, etc. The game wouldn't need patches if the live version had the same amount of players as beta did.

I was pissed no doubt. But I still love to play the game despite the flaws it has. As a melee I find it challenging as heck on inferno and I haven't had a game do that to me in awhile which I like. It has great potential to I think, like a nice foundation. I just try to think back on how much original D2 sucked. Then LOD came out and made it ridiculously better. I have hope. Making real life money for playing a game I like to play is also extremely awesome. The games already more then paid for itself for me. It was essentially free for me and now I can make money off it.

So here's me with a free money making game. Can I be that mad of them over releasing it early with little end game testing? Least I got something in return and they are working on fixing it.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I was pissed no doubt. But I still love to play the game despite the flaws it has. As a melee I find it challenging as heck on inferno and I haven't had a game do that to me in awhile which I like. It has great potential to I think, like a nice foundation. I just try to think back on how much original D2 sucked. Then LOD came out and made it ridiculously better. I have hope. Making real life money for playing a game I like to play is also extremely awesome. The games already more then paid for itself for me. It was essentially free for me and now I can make money off it.

So here's me with a free money making game. Can I be that mad of them over releasing it early with little end game testing? Least I got something in return and they are working on fixing it.
    So a multi billion dollar coorporation, releasing a ½ finished product (that you pay full price for) is ok with you.

A game that takes 20 hours to complete and then just lets you repeat it over and over and over and over and over and over is just great for 11 years of development? I´m baffled that anyone would actually think this, but it adds to my understanding of Blizz standards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    He is demon hunter, as we are the only once that was severely punished again.
    Balanced to be more in line

So a multi billion dollar coorporation, releasing a ½ finished product (that you pay full price for) is ok with you.

A game that takes 20 hours to complete and then just lets you repeat it over and over and over and over and over and over is just great for 11 years of development? I´m baffled that anyone would actually think this, but it adds to my understanding of Blizz standards.
    How long did D1 take to finish? How long did D2? Why did you even buy this game?

And don´t give me a bunch of BS about glass cannons. Blizz made the game so they were most effective, then completely broke the spec.
    Spend millions? What the heck are you talking about?

If you went from being able to easily farm Zultan to not even being about to kill Butcher, I'm sorry, but that's an L2P issue. I was in pretty much exactly the same place you were pre-patch. The day the patch hit, I was terrified that my Nether Tentacling, IAS-using glass cannon DH was going to be worthless.

I went to the AH, spent 30k TOTAL on pieces that replaced my IAS pieces (still ended up with less DPS than before the patch, but oh well), changed some skills/runes around (replaced NT with Frost Arrow and SS with Cull the Weak), ran through act 1, and one-shot Butcher. It was as easy as it had ever been. I had to adapt a little bit because the playstyle was slightly different, but it was simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    If you didn't have time to farm, how did you reach Belial? You got there because you were playing DH. You couldn't have gone that far with any other classes. It's the same with my friends who played DH.

And no amount of beta testing on Blizzard's end will equate to the playing of millions of millions of players. It's why games have patches, why OS's have service packs, etc. The game wouldn't need patches if the live version had the same amount of players as beta did.
    You have absolutely no idea about software testing I can see that, but your argument is even then, beyond stupid. If things were released in Blizz quality in other areas of software, you would be broke with no customers.

If our company took 11 years to develop something, even with software running = bankrupt, If our company released something to our millions of customers with the shitty testing and coding blizz do = fired and bankrupt. If I released the shit that Blizz retards do = fired and most likely sued by my employer.

The fact is Blizz get away with an incredible amount of customer raping, that any company that didn´t have 1-5 mill fanboys would never get away with.

Edit - guess i wasnt done
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2012-06-21 at 09:24 PM.

The reason you got to Belial inferno in the first place is because DHs were severely overpowered if played as glass cannons. If you had tried that with any other class at the same level of gear, you wouldn't have even made it out of Act 1.

That's why you suddenly can't make it out of Act 1 any more. Glass cannon DHs were just that OP.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 02:12 PM ----------

You have absolutely no idea about software testing I can see that, but your argument is even then, beyond stupid. If things were released in Blizz quality in other areas of software, you would be broke with no customers.

If our company took 11 years to develop something, even with software running = bankrupt, If our company released something to our millions of customers with the shitty testing and coding blizz do = fired and bankrupt. If I released the shit that Blizz retards do = fired and most likely sued by my employer.

The fact is Blizz get away with an incredible amount of customer raping, that any company that didn´t have 1-5 mill fanboys would never get away with.
    As someone who has been working in software QA for 15 years, I can tell you that if a piece of software as complex as this one is released to a couple million people, those couple million people will find HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS of bugs in the first week that the company's QA team had NO HOPE of finding, no matter how long they spent. It's the rule of nines. There comes a point in software quality where it becomes cost prohibitive to increase the quality of software beyond a certain threshold. On top of that, QA teams (just like developers) are human, and make mistakes from time to time.

See, I deal with developers like you all the time, as a career. You think software QA is soooo simple, but you honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Stick to writing code, and leave the QA to the experienced professionals.

Edit: The funny thing is, the person you accused of having no idea about software testing was EXACTLY RIGHT, and anyone who actually has experience creating a software product would know this, unless they weren't paying attention.

Software will ALWAYS be "buggy" when it's released. Always. This is inevitable. And D3 is no worse than any other game software out there in this regard, and Blizzard is no worse than any other video game developer out there in this regard. This is just a fact in the industry.
    Last edited by FalinMor; 2012-06-21 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FalinMor View Post
    The reason you got to Belial inferno in the first place is because DHs were severely overpowered if played as glass cannons. If you had tried that with any other class at the same level of gear, you wouldn't have even made it out of Act 1.

That's why you suddenly can't make it out of Act 1 any more. Glass cannon DHs were just that OP.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 02:12 PM ----------

As someone who has been working in software QA for 15 years, I can tell you that if a piece of software as complex as this one is released to a couple million people, those couple million people will find HUNDREDS UPON HUNDREDS of bugs in the first week that the company's QA team had NO HOPE of finding, no matter how long they spent. It's the rule of nines. There comes a point in software quality where it becomes cost prohibitive to increase the quality of software beyond a certain threshold. On top of that, QA teams (just like developers) are human, and make mistakes from time to time.

See, I deal with developers like you all the time, as a career. You think software QA is soooo simple, but you honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Stick to writing code, and leave the QA to the experienced professionals.
    Holy crap are you a moron. You never fucking worked in QA. There is a diff between slight snags and small bugs, and the worthless releases Blizz put out. Show stoppers, game breakers. Call them what you will, they would not get past a proper QA department, and you claiming otherwise means you are eiter dumber than fuck or work in a QA department with low standards and no real worth.

And we have more customers than Blizz, do bigger releases, Service packs, roll ups, hotfixes etc than Blizz do, and to more customers. If our quality was that of Blizzards, we would be out of bussiness.

And had you ever worked QA a day, you would know that some of the shit that gets past Blizz QA is laughable/cryable/suicideable depending on your QA standards.

Infracted. Remain civil, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-09-10 at 04:32 PM.

My DPS remained largely unchanged since I stacked Armor, Int, and Vit. The only IAS was on my weapon.

If anything, shit got easier. I facerolled Belial post-nerf, when two nights before the patch I was barely not getting it done. No longer get one-shot by Belials hand smash, so gg.

But Act 3, I just don't got the deeps.

Holy crap are you a moron. You never fucking worked in QA. There is a diff between slight snags and small bugs, and the worthless releases Blizz put out. Show stoppers, game breakers. Call them what you will, they would not get past a proper QA department, and you claiming otherwise means you are eiter dumber than fuck or work in a QA department with low standards and no real worth.
    LOL! You're a "developer" who is clueless about what it takes to create a complex software project that millions of people are going to use.

See? I can play that game too... but what I've said is FACT, and ANYONE who is unbiased about this and knows how the industry works knows this. The game wasn't a "worthless release" at all. It was actually pretty polished as far as software bugs go. Where they've had to make changes is in gameplay balance, and those kinds of issues are close to impossible to detect until a large group of people start actually playing through the game. That's how it is. Every game like this in the history of gaming has had these exact same problems on release. That's why they all get patched and updated and patched and unpatched, etc. etc. etc. It's the nature of the beast. A playerbase of 5 million people is going to find in a week or two problems that the QA team had no hope of finding in years and years of pure gameplay testing. It's a sheer numbers game. It's common sense, even.

The fact that you don't understand this really makes me question pretty much everything you've said in this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Their customer service has dive bombed, speaking from experience. And check out this gem (not me):

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4018/proofmj.jpg

Definitely getting a little weary of the bullshit coming out of Irvine these days. Though Diablo 3 is a fun game for me.

This screenshot was epic... In a bad meaning lol. I hope they get this straight in the near future, I wouldn't like to hear that my sales disappear into thin air

Deleted
    LOL! You're a "developer" who is clueless about what it takes to create a complex software project that millions of people are going to use.

See? I can play that game too... but what I've said is FACT, and ANYONE who is unbiased about this and knows how the industry works knows this. The game wasn't a "worthless release" at all. It was actually pretty polished as far as software bugs go. Where they've had to make changes is in gameplay balance, and those kinds of issues are close to impossible to detect until a large group of people start actually playing through the game. That's how it is. Every game like this in the history of gaming has had these exact same problems on release. That's why they all get patched and updated and patched and unpatched, etc. etc. etc. It's the nature of the beast. A playerbase of 5 million people is going to find in a week or two problems that the QA team had no hope of finding in years and years of pure gameplay testing. It's a sheer numbers game. It's common sense, even.

The fact that you don't understand this really makes me question pretty much everything you've said in this thread.
    Well I find you equally clueless and am glad to not have a QA department that accepts your low standards, and, non functioning releases (error 37) would kill our bussiness. I guess your customers have very low standards.

And BTW, a full complete DMS system with 450 integrations and different tax rules pr country >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D3 in complexity

Really, the developer, who makes the software, has no clue. And you do? lol
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2012-06-21 at 09:38 PM.

anyone who think you should stack vita/resist on a dh is an idiot. thats not how the class was designed. also melee arent as bad as noobs say it is. cleared all inferno solo with my barb without spending more than 5 mil on the ah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    anyone who think you should stack vita/resist on a dh is an idiot. thats not how the class was designed. also melee arent as bad as noobs say it is. cleared all inferno solo with my barb without spending more than 5 mil on the ah.
    Well I cleared Inferno naked on my DK from wow.. And I have exactly the proof you do

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyunckel View Post

This screenshot was epic... In a bad meaning lol. I hope they get this straight in the near future, I wouldn't like to hear that my sales disappear into thin air
    I wouldn't leave it at that, either.

What he fails to understand is, Blizz made the game so that glass cannon was the most viable spec. I´ll say it again so that the retard you quoted might understand, BLIZZ MADE GC THE BEST SPEC, then killed it.

Mobs and elite packs we do fine, but on bosses we have been nerfed to the ground.

Ok so our damage was nerfed by 60% giving us no buffs. Please explain why my Barb, WD and Wizard all do stuff easily now that my DH can´t do? Blizz made the game so DH GC was most effective, they removed the cannon but let the glass remain.

Pingeonholing every Inferno char to the same stats is probably the laziest and downright shittiest game development I have ever seen.
    That retard happens to have been right about the game from the get go. So pay attention you might learn something. My damage went for 76k no SS to 69k no SS. Seems like you're pretty bad at math or like to generalize things.

Please remember, blizz made so that building them that way was most effective, their game, their rules. And thats what they wanted, but suddenly didn´t want because the fucktards didn´t run sims on best gear for DH.

Yeah they are hitting us glass cannons pretty hard, a lot harder than needed actually. The nerf to DH damage when you factor everything together is just insane. So what Blizz actually did, is take DH who spent millions on the best DPS gear and set them back from inferno to hell, with the need for another 30 mill of gear to get to where you were pre nerf.

And it seems that class balance is such an issue for blizz that they have to pingeonhole every class into 50k life, 800 resist all bla bla, just like they killed wow.
    They didn't build the game to allow people to clear inferno in 2 days of farming pure dps gear. For a software developer, especially one that started in QA, you have a very narrow mind. Their intention was to have you farm act 1 to progress to act 2 and farm act 2 to get to act3, soo on and so forth. You don't even have to read between the lines to grasp that. There was several blue posts and even a video interview discussing this.

Now that we understand their intentions, we can move on to the problem. The biggest problem was the fact that the gear required to progress was too high end. The chance of you getting the ideal piece of gear from act 2 isn't much better than getting the ideal piece of gear from act 4. But they drastically differ in quality.

To circumvent this players adapted and utilized what resources were readily available. For example you can get t16 blues and a decent weapon and have a retarded amount of dps. You could also wait for 6 stated rares that have all of those dps stats but in addition to that have resists, armor, dmg reduction. However, that doesn't mean it was the correct choice, it just shows that we as players are impatient yet resourceful.

Blizzard has since corrected the gear problem,apparently you're not happy about it though.

Actually D3 was in development for 7 years.. If you beleive what I do or not doesn´t really matter. Any 2 year old should see that a company with the resouces of Blizz should not be releasing the shitty quality they are. But i bet you loved error 37 from a multi billion dollar company.

Edit: Actually it has been in development since 2001.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III

Making things even more fucking wacky
    Blizzard scrapped all of D3 in between 2003-2005, after Blizzard North separated from Blizzard. The game was in development for a little over 6 years. Clearly if they had the game in development for 20 years they would thought it would be a wise business investment to purchase extra servers for the launch, so they could collect dust for following weeks/years after the majority beat normal and stopped playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    That was prenerf, we can't heal that much anymore.
    I agree there is another build post nerf though of doing the same thing. Simply because he does half damage. Also the point that it wasn't necessary to go all dps with zero survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    To be fair, it WAS a massive nerf to our dps no matter how you look at it. Nether Tentacles going from hitting twice on small mobs and 5+ times on bosses, to hitting only once is a 50-80% damage nerf by itself.
    It was a nerf no doubt, but not all mobs got hit 2x. Also it went in a straight line which means you had to be kiting away for them to be in a line. I feel that is relevant to point out because frost arrow hits for 170% weapon damage and splits. So it isn't all bad, but yes most definitely feel it on bosses. Though impale hitting for 250% with 100% more crit dmg isn't entirely bad. Just less than what it was.

I don't think blizzard cares if you have the time to farm, they said inferno was not for everyone and that it would take a long time.

Obviously you didn't belong there and your gear choices are not what blizzard had intended or you'd still be there. I'm still farming anything and everything I want.

I thought you spent millions on dps gear. Also this "nerf" let most of my monk and barb friends move up in acts, I wonder if that's because they went with "BLIZZARD MADE IT SO GLASS CANNONS YADAYADAYDA" No it's because they were properly geared.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-06-21 at 09:59 PM.