Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Stood in the Fire Aurinax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kansas, ya'll
    Posts
    463
    You know the sad part is that he's got twice the talent of most pop stars today. Has anyone seen Katy Perry live? THAT is a perfect example of someone who became famous because of her looks. Nice breasts, nice body elsewhere, pretty nice face (other than looking like the dude who plays Loki in Avengers), TERRIBLE voice. She even got caught faking playing an instrument (people claim this is a farce on her part, but I'm pretty sure it's just ass-covering from legit making the mistake the first time):



    But yeah, Justin Beiber is an awesome dancer, pretty decent singer (nothing compared to the arguable gods/goddesses of the music industry who existed before auto-tune of course, but by today's standards...), and a good entertainer.

    Yeah, he was "cradled" along the way by Usher, but... so? He got lucky, Usher (clearly someone who's been in the business like 2 decades now and should know talent when he sees it) decided he was a good investment. And he definitely was.

    I mean, like every other poster I have to add an obligatory "Not a fan" statement, but speaking as unbiased as possible, he's a talented kid. Just like anyone who doesn't like Lady Gaga would, in spite of not liking her, be a fool to deny her musical genius.

    his fame will be short lived and in another 5 years no one will remember his name
    Hate to break it to you, but people were saying this 3 years ago when he was 15. They were saying that he wouldn't matter anymore at 18.
    Last edited by Aurinax; 2012-06-25 at 02:05 PM.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

  2. #42
    Pit Lord Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,256
    σ_σ

    I'll hand you a razor, you use it on your neck.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  3. #43
    Herald of the Titans rederoin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Europa.
    Posts
    2,701
    "All people who hate justin bieber are just jumping on the bandwagon" is the new bandwagon.

    Hellscream - EU<Altoholic Anonymous>
    "Most prime ministers are wet, but Balrick he is even moister" ~BlackAdder, Twitter.

  4. #44
    Sometimes you end up liking music you wish you hadn't. But what can you do? Someone can make awesome music, but be a total ass as a person. Thats why I hate myself sometimes for liking music from some asshole. You get torn between you know?

    As for Justin... He is a twat. But some people like his music, gotta be a smidgen of talent in there for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    Who cares...

    He's only hated so much because that's the new in-thing to do.

    If you like his music then so be it.
    No. He's hated so much because he has no talent yet he is rich and famous. And while there are a lot of people in hollywood who have no talent and shouldn't be there (ashton kutcher) justin goes around acting like hes hot shit and people should bow to him. Add to the fact that he has an earing and thinks hes black when hes a pale feminine looking canadian makes him very hate worthy.

  6. #46
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,682
    May god have mercy on your soul... no srsly it's ok but just because something doesn't sound like garbage shouldn't be the only reason to tolerate/like it. For every reason to tolerate Bieber there's a thousand to hate him.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
    You know the sad part is that he's got twice the talent of most pop stars today. Has anyone seen Katy Perry live? THAT is a perfect example of someone who became famous because of her looks. Nice breasts, nice body elsewhere, pretty nice face (other than looking like the dude who plays Loki in Avengers), TERRIBLE voice. She even got caught faking playing an instrument (people claim this is a farce on her part, but I'm pretty sure it's just ass-covering from legit making the mistake the first time):



    But yeah, Justin Beiber is an awesome dancer, pretty decent singer (nothing compared to the arguable gods/goddesses of the music industry who existed before auto-tune of course, but by today's standards...), and a good entertainer.

    Yeah, he was "cradled" along the way by Usher, but... so? He got lucky, Usher (clearly someone who's been in the business like 2 decades now and should know talent when he sees it) decided he was a good investment. And he definitely was.

    I mean, like every other poster I have to add an obligatory "Not a fan" statement, but speaking as unbiased as possible, he's a talented kid. Just like anyone who doesn't like Lady Gaga would, in spite of not liking her, be a fool to deny her musical genius.

    Hate to break it to you, but people were saying this 3 years ago when he was 15. They were saying that he wouldn't matter anymore at 18.
    Usher hasn't been musically relevant for the last 10 years or so, not to mention someone like Usher aren't the kind of people to judge the level of talent one has as an artist. How many of these pop artists are going to get Lifetime Achievement Grammy awards, those are the kinds of awards give to people who are innovative with music and are original, Bieber is just another fad who will be long gone in due time just like Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears and ever other two bit bubble gum pop star sensation. If these kinds of artists were so great, how come they do shit fuck all for ticket sales on their tours? Cause no one wants to see people lip synching and pretending to play instruments.

  8. #48
    Epic! Edison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Roaming around.
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    Who cares...

    He's only hated so much because that's the new in-thing to do.

    If you like his music then so be it.
    Indeed, it's actually fun watching all these hipster kids hating on JB. It's not actually about them hating his music, it's envy. If you don't like his music just don't listen to it, but all these people talking about killin JB fans or killing JB is just a big lol to me.

    Cool that you like him, doesn't really make any difference. I'm not in to JB but good for you
    If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

  9. #49
    Well if you listen to him, that's fine but it does show that the music industry is just a joke. Before, songs had a story to tell. Now its just about......well bullshit and nothing. And I wonder why the music industry is failing.

  10. #50
    Mechagnome NeonX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    677
    Omg that's super gay of you dude, please see a therapist because there is clearly something wrong with you!!!

    Haha only kidding, there is honestly nothing wrong with liking him. I think most people are simply jealous of him, myself included because he has become so successful at such a young age but what adds fuel to the fire is that he milks his fans in a not so subtle way and he isn't humble about his success, nothing wrong with that at all but it won't help how people who don't like your music perceive you.

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 03:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TitanTyr View Post
    Well if you listen to him, that's fine but it does show that the music industry is just a joke. Before, songs had a story to tell. Now its just about......well bullshit and nothing. And I wonder why the music industry is failing.
    I agree with you but I think some would disagree. I really like when a song is driven by emotion, a person's own events and has a true ability to sing, and is not a soulless sequence of words with a catchy beat. However everyone has different tastes and different perceptions of songs.

  11. #51
    I like pop music in general, and have a few Bieber songs on my mp3 player. I started liking the songs when my cousins, in their late 20's, requested them at to the DJ at a wedding. "Baby" played at full blast really gets you jumpin'. Felt like I was in a music video lol.

    Yeah, who cares what someone else thinks about what you like?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •