Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you're complaining about, it is free after all. I use Facebook like a glorified email address to keep in touch with my (actual) friends and family. I've never used it to contact businesses or to try to win stuff, but then again I don't subscribe to that "pick me pick me!" mentality anyway.

And to the people who complain about Facebook because they get flooded with insignificant status updates from their friends list, it's not the website's fault that you have simpleton friends.

Deleted
    I'll be as clear as I possibly can about my facebook problems. the entire website is pissing me off.

http://fb.me/GMEek1zu is the website i'm trying to visit on FB. it *should* send me to http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=173503606136, and for a moment that page actually appears. but 1 second later, (and yes, i'm logged in), the fucking website redirects me to https://www.facebook.com/ajax/pagelet/generic.php/PhotoViewerPagelet?data={%22cursor%22%3A%2210150942611121137%22%2C%22version%22%3A0%2C%22e nd%22%3A%2210150942611121137%22%2C%22fetchSize%22%3A4%2C%22set%22%3A%22a.386827286136.1572 32.173503606136%22%2C%22type%22%3A1%2C%22l%22%3A%224fe864713f%22}, and that's basically a blank page for me. i'm using Firefox 13.0.1, but i seriously doubt it's a browser problem.

and EVERY SINGLE FB LINK DOES THAT! let me give it straight: the website link works perfectly when i'm NOT logged into facebook. but the moment i log into facebook, is when the entire thing goes to shit, presumably because, guess what, i'm not a fan of the yogscast FB page. Now, i do support the Yogscast, i really think they provide quality entertainment, especially SoI, but I don't want to use my FB to become fan of every youtube channel i'm subbed to. but it's actually contrary to logic that in order to view content from a page i'm not a fan of, I need to log out of facebook first.

and the entire website is full of these inconsistencies.

I'm not a fan of it. I signed up unwillingly, though I do find myself checking it out once every two days.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess i just use it even less than you.

I also didn't want to join Facebook at first, along with a few others, but ended up there eventually. However, I just use it for the latest "gossip". I have a big family and many friends scattered all over the country and even abroad, so in that way it's much easier and cheaper than using my cellphone.

My use of it is limited. My wall is usually not updated, and I try to keep most stuff about my everyday life off the wall. I try to think of it like this "Would I yell this in the middle of a crowd of people?"(even though I know everyone on my list, I communicate with them differently) or I simply just think, "Do they really need to know this stuff?"(aka "today I have made homemade pizza").

Anyways, no, I not really annoyed by Facebook. I try to not use it much, which is perfectly fine, because at the end of the day most of it's uses are useless to me or I can get around it through other means. Like beta access and stuff like that, I usually get through, yeah, other means.

I don't use and refuse to use it. Way to much info gets shared and sold on there. Better off giving it away myself.

Deleted
    I use facebook as a tool for fun, and nothing else. If people expect me to be serious on that website I'd rather go play with a commodore 64 for 3 weeks on a bicycle that delivers the power necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    never had facebook account nor do i plan to make one, same goes for twitter and similar useless "social media" crap ^^

So much fuss about "privacy" and other shit.

Make an account with your real name on it. Don't post public information.

Don't post about your bowel movements or whatever retarded thing you're thinking about at the moment.

NOBODY is forcing you to ACCEPT friends! Nobody is forcing you to "friend" any person.

I use it mainly for keeping in touch with a few out of town friends, and it's also useful for me that my phone's address book syncs the photos with my contacts. Best way to get people's new "profile" pics into your agenda.

I post rarely and I reply to friends comments now and then, but my posts are always set to "friends only". They do give you options to opt out of their retarded sharing of info to everyone, you just have to use your brain. Not a big deal.
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

Deleted
    I honestly don't care about all the supposed bullshit, I use it for what it's for and what I need it for - contact with people.

Facebook is the cooler way to have fun, instead of playing games (Which is bad!) you can sit on facebook and write statuses, comment on stuff, like stuff! (which is pretty useless if you ask me).
    The only good thing about facebook is that you can reach people (find them on facebook if you don't know their number for example) and talk to them!
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    I use it for the sole purpose of talking to people. That's how I deal with it.
    Quoted for the honest-to-god truth. There's nothing to "deal with."
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I almost never use it. I have 13 friends on my profile, and here is their breakdown:

8 current family members
    2 high school friends
    1 college friend
    My sister's fiance (a friend and future family member)
    My sister's fiance's dog

I don't talk to any of my family members on there except my sister, and since we call/text and she just moved back into this town, I don't really need it to even talk to her on there. So, really, for those 8 family members, it only applies to occasionally sending images/news stories once every couple of weeks (as in 1 every 2-3 weeks) between my sister and I. My sister's fiance sends me 3-5 images per week and I'll leave a comment. I send him maybe 1-2 per month, if that.

I don't talk to one of the high school friends at all. The other is in the Navy, and we'd use Facebook chat once a month or so. He's now deployed at sea, so we won't be talking for maybe 6-11 months, depending on his Internet availability when they dock. I send a few news stoires--mostly about bands--to the college friend. I don't talk to my sister's fiance's dog.

So, really, my Facebook activity is maybe 5 image/news stories per month and one chat session every month or two--and that's not done on the Facebook site, it's on Trillian.

I honestly am contemplating canceling my Facebook account more and more, but I keep it because of my friend in the Navy, as it's just about the only way for us to stay in-touch. I can't STAND that a massive number of sites now require you to use Facebook to leave comments, and that the read when you're logged in. For example: Yahoo!

On Yahoo! stories, they want you to use Facebook to comment. I don't want to, as I don't care to have news updates about my comments or for Yahoo! and its users to know my Facebook profile. So I tell it I want to use my Yahoo! account to comment on a Yahoo! article. You'd think that'd be simple, right? No, because it requires you to say you're not the person on the Facebook account Yahoo! shows, which logs you out of Facebook altogether. Then the Yahoo! account commenting STILL doesn't works.

Ideally, Facebook would completely collapse and go away, along with Google+. I can't stand social networking because it ruins in-person interaction (not that it's something I care much for), it ruins privacy (my name and birthday are the only pieces of information on my profile--no picture, school, employment, or other stuff), and the permeation into all of these other sites is a massive inconvenience.