Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

If WW III launched what would the sides be?

With Russia and China aiding Syria and Iran, it's clear there are tensions rising between these countries and the West.

So here's what I think the sides would be:

Allies:

USA
    UK
    Australia/New Zealand (ANZUS Treaty)
    Israel
    Saudi Arabia
    France

Axis:

Russia
    China
    Iran
    Syria
    North Korea

Countries that could go either way:

Turkey (Russia is its ancient enemy, and its border by both Russia and Iran, so it would likely try to remain nuetral)
    Jordan (Technially an ally to the U.S.,most of Jordan's population hates Israel and many Palestinian refugees fled from Israel to Jordan, so if a war launched involving Israel, most of Jordan's population would be against the U.S./Israel which would cause problems for the Allies.)

Not sure which side Germany and Japan would be on, I'm guessing Japan would be on ours and China would like to give Japan some payback for the Nanking massacre in WW II. Whatever side Germany and Japan chose could help sway the victory to either side.

I think China and Russia would start by taking out Saudi Arabia who supplies most of the oil used by the US and Europe. Saudi Arabia also has regional conflicts with Iran, and they both hate each other. Iran and Russia can supply more than enough oil for the Axis powers.

Next target would obviously be Israel.

So what do you guys think if WW III started...what do you think would be the sides?

Deleted
    The Vayjir Empire Vs the rest of earth.

Australia vs the world.

it wouldn't be a war at all it would be more of who launches nukes first and ends the world

The amount of oil we get from Saudi is actually not very much taking them out first might not be a wise idea.
    Last edited by daveleroy; 2012-06-21 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither the U.S. nor Russia would agree to something like "hey lets duke it out without nukes k?" so sides wouldn't matter. I can tell you the sides for WWIV though, it will be fought between those who wield long sticks and those who wield heavy rocks.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

I would hope my nation would stay out of such a mess and the other idiots beat each other up, but since we are bound to the nato we will have to fight.

Deleted
    I think we (Germany) would go with the west... As always NATO and so on

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    Neither the U.S. nor Russia would agree to something like "hey lets duke it out without nukes k?" so sides wouldn't matter. I can tell you the sides for WWIV though, it will be fought between those who wield long sticks and those who wield heavy rocks.
    I thought it would be between those that are superior because they have 4 arms and those that are superior because they have 2 heads?

Deleted
    United States, European Union, Norway, Israel, Turkey, South Korea, Canada, Iceland, Croatia, Albania, Japan Vs Iran, Belarus, China, Russia, former soviet bloc countries in Asia.

Not sure which side Germany and Japan would be on, I'm guessing Japan would be on ours and China would like to give Japan some payback for the Nanking massacre in WW II. Whatever side Germany and Japan chose could help sway the victory to either side.
    Turkey (Russia is its ancient enemy, and its border by both Russia and Iran, so it would likely try to remain nuetral)
    Why do people still question this? Germany is a member of both the European Union and Nato, Turkey is a member of Nato and Japan is pretty much occupied by the US.

If I had to guess, I'de say the sides would be:

The Freedom Haters read that in a George Dubyah Bush accent
    China
    Iran
    Syria
    North Korea
    Assorted middle east countries that no one cares about.
    Maybe some former Soviet Countries? I don't really see Russia committing though, regardless of their supporting Iran.

Murica n' Friends
    America
    Canada (lol)
    Europe
    Japan
    South Korea

I don't think that former Soviet Countries would want to join up in another war vs NATO, the last one only just ended.

And I don't see why anyone would doubt Germany or Japan joining up with the NATO forces..
    Germany are pretty cool guys now a days.
    And Japan has been under America's thumb since the end of World War II. Not to mention that the Japanese/Chinese/Koreans all fucking hate eachother.
    Last edited by Epock; 2012-06-21 at 06:59 PM.

My question is this, for what reason is this hypothetical war? Because the way it's looking is more or less USA + Allies vs Asia

Which imo is silly to say without actually stating what the premise of the war even is.

NATO/Japan/South Korea/Australia/Israel vs China/Russia/Iran/North Korea/Syria

If Pakistan/India got involved, India would probably end up with NATO and Pakistan would probably side with China/Russia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    NATO/Japan/South Korea/Australia/Israel vs China/Russia/Iran/North Korea/Syria

If Pakistan/India got involved, India would probably end up with NATO and Pakistan would probably side with China/Russia.
    This is probably how it will be.

But how about Cuba? They dislike America and have good relations with Russia right? Is there a risk that they will make a move if/when WWIII is declared?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post

But how about Cuba? They dislike America and have good relations with Russia right? Is there a risk that they will make a move if/when WWIII is declared?
    Who cares? They truly are insignificant in a scheme like this. The odds of them landing one soldier on US ground is basically 0 and their entire country could be bombed into oblivion in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post

I doubt they would get involved they are right in front of USA doorstep and would be pulverized, my guess is they would try to stay out of it everything else is pretty much suicide.

Would it even matter? All sides would lose once the nuke card is played...

As we have seen through proper Civ II simulation, it will be the Vikings, versus the Celts, versus Americans.

WWIII Would break out only between Pakistan and India. You're list is so very off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Would it even matter? All sides would lose once the nuke card is played...
    That is becoming less and less true every day. The American missile defense system is becoming more and more impenertable. Soon even Russia's arsenal (however much of it is actually maintained) won't be able to strike at America proper.