Deleted

SOE and other barb items, help needed past Act 2

Right guys, I need a bit of help.

I want to get my Barb into Act 3/4 and I've got around 16 mil to play with once I sell this item, plus a tenner on the RMAH.

Which stats do I need to be focusing on?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Patch 1.0.3 put a lot more emphasis on damage-output. So I would suggest buying a good weapon in the range of 800-900 dps with 700+ Life on Hit. Also armor and resists are a bit low. More resistall and strength will do the trick I guess. Another 140 Dexterity is also ok (to get to 400, after 400 chance to dodge does go up very little per point), but don't go to much out of your way to get this.

If you're just purely thinking about what will get you the easiest progression. Stack all resist, armor, vitality, life on hit, and life regeneration. Generally in that order. Make sure you have enough damage stats to have 12k dps minimum if you want to meet enrage timers. Do keep in mind that vit and strength give you armor though.

For specific items, nothing beats a high stat rolled Stormshield. The most important stat on Stormshields is the block%, which can go as high as 32. Imo, don't go for String of Ears, unless you are really concerned about Rakanoth. It is, in general, not a very good item in most situations. The most dangerous shit you'll find in this game is magic damage, and String does nothing for that.

For farming, you want to go with enough of the aforementioned tank stats to not die, and then as much dps as possible.