MoP Beta: Ret paladin Level 75 talent choice?

I've been on the beta for about a couple weeks or so, and I'm loving Retribution pallies; I don't have any complaints. One question though; what is considered the best talent choice in terms of overall dps for the level 75 tier? So far I've been using Holy Avenger, but from what I've seen, most are using Sanctified Wrath. Is the +50% increase in length and shorter cooldown on AW really that much better than choosing Holy Avenger? I know since there's no recount, testing this is hard to do, but any comments on the question are much appreciated.
    Check out my youtube channel!!! Gaming videos GALORE!!! :http://www.youtube.com/user/Antigravitydawgz

Deleted
    Almost all your abilities generate HP, so Templar's Veredict is doing less damage than now on live, and since they are buffing execute dmg I think more frequent access to our execute mechanic is more desirable.

@TV: That's my perception, dunno if i'm actually wrong.

I recently saw Vanguars critting 132k TV on a player, so I'm not sure about the "less damage than on live" part.

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    Almost all your abilities generate HP, so Templar's Veredict is doing less damage than now on live, and since they are buffing execute dmg I think more frequent access to our execute mechanic is more desirable.

@TV: That's my perception, dunno if i'm actually wrong.
    I think I read somewhere that the coefficients were reworked on TV to reduce its damage because it would be used more frequently; 85 MoP Beta TV should be somewhat less than 85 Live TV, but at 90 it's still gonna pack a helluva punch.

OT: I, personally, have always been eyeballing SW, even back when everyone was raving about HA some three or four iterations ago. With HoW generating HoPo and getting a reduced CD, and considering that Wings will be up, that's a ridiculous amount of damage potential - especially with HoW now triggering Mastery damage, too.

On the other hand, there may be situations where HA is more desirable, even if SW is mathematically better since HA will have the shortest CD of any of our burst mechanics - at least until 4pT14. Rhyolith, for instance, would be a half-decent example in case your group needs more burst potential to execute some really hard, really fast turns. I think it's going to be impossible to determine which is superior until we get access to Recount and practical working knowledge on more of the boss mechanics.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

you are missing the point of the new talent system.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

From what I read, Divine Purpose wins on long fights. I guess it will depend of you need burst or steady damage for an encounter and you'll swap the talent accordingly.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    From what I read, Divine Purpose wins on long fights. I guess it will depend of you need burst or steady damage for an encounter and you'll swap the talent accordingly.
    Yeah if you have good rng, you need to remember that Divine Purpose will never perform equal each fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I know what the point of it is, where all abilities will generate around the same amount of dps. But its nearly impossible to generate that kind of balance.
    Check out my youtube channel!!! Gaming videos GALORE!!! :http://www.youtube.com/user/Antigravitydawgz

Quote Originally Posted by antigravitydogs View Post
    I know what the point of it is, where all abilities will generate around the same amount of dps. But its nearly impossible to generate that kind of balance.
    That each talent will be more/less useful on a fight depending on the fight. Good example being Speed of Light in t1 might be more useful when there is a short running period every minute or so, such as a 2 boss fight where you have to switch targets and run across the room, vs pursuit of Justice for a more passive (100% uptime) increase where the boss needs kited.

Every talent is meant to shine on certain bosses, and give the same thing in a different method. That's the point of the new talents.

People will always choose the ability that gives them the most DPS
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    People will always choose the ability that gives them the most DPS
    yes, but the ability that does the most damage depends more on the fight than the actual mechanics of the abilities themselves. with holy power being triggered by every skill, having longer burst might be preferable over having large burst in some fights.

Deleted
    In the Vacuum and with Spheric paladins the three would result in the same dps. But in the real world one could be the 'very' best

Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    In the Vacuum and with Spheric paladins the three would result in the same dps. But in the real world one could be the 'very' best
    But as multiple people have already explained in this thread, that will change depending on the fight and situation in pve and pvp, there will not be a "ret" or any other spec best talent choice at all times.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-Beta-update
    other thread with some discussion about sanctified wrath and a link from that same thread to EJ with a bit of math on it http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t129896-...3/#post2159625

so far it seems people are overvaluing sanctified wrath and that holy avenger is slightly better but it still beta so it remains to be seen what happens.