Could this be more than a cold?

Hey guys, ive been pretty ill since sunday and its friday now and i dont really seem to be getting much better, im contemplating going to the doctors but i was told that if i go doctors they will probably just prescribe cold a flu tablets and wont really offer any better help.

But the thing is i generally dont get sick, and when i get colds they only last for a few days (meaning i will only have the ''sniffles'' for a day or two) my immune system is generally speaking is pretty good.. i actually cant recall the last time i have been this sick with cold/flu like symptoms

Basically if anyone has any advice or stories with colds / flus id be more than happy to hear them? if im still not better by this weekend im definatly going but as of right now im on the fence so please tell me anything!

Heres what my symptoms have been like this past week

(June 17)Sunday – runny nose all day, nothing too major only slight annoyance.
    Monday – constant runny nose all day, NON STOP very irritating.
    Tuesday – blocked nose / conjested to the max, hard to breath / sleep, makes eating very difficult, loss of apetite / taste
    Wendsday – Same symptoms, less blockage, mucus now a yellowy colour. loss of apetite / taste
    Thursday – Nose runny mucus yellow and nose blocked, cough developing loss of apetite / taste
    (June 22) Friday – Mucus not as yellow (more dilated), nose still blocked but not as much, nose still runny but as excessive, cough sounding more like a ‘’sick’’ persons cough, throat very sore, especially when coughing and sneezing. still not much appetite or taste.

Sounds like the colds I get.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing its seasonal allergies. Then again I'm not a doctor..

well.. I am a forum doctor. I prescribe this thread be closed. Mainly because we shouldn't be giving medical advice.

I sympathise with your condition. Maybe take some anti-histamines and see how it goes. If not.. Really see a doctor.