Deleted

Looking for a portable multimedia device. Help needed

Hey guys, seems it's my time to try asking for help on these forums.

I'm currently looking for a multimedia device tha fullfills the following criteria:
    • Any available form factor: laptop/netbook/tablet doesn't really matter
    • Flawless or close to flawless playback of 1080p video
    • Preferable screen size: below 15.6''
    • HDMI out
    • As light as possible
    • Battery life or gaming performance don't matter

Intended use for the device: a secondary PC that gets all content from the home WiFi network, so hard drive space or operating system largely don't matter. The device will also be connected to the TV through HDMI and this is why 1080p playback is required.
    Location and budget: Europe, or Ireland to be more precise, from what I've seen so far - German online shops such as alternate.de have the largest selection and good prices. Current budget: 500eur, but willing to go above that if needed.

The current problems I've had so far with devices I've tried (mostly 11.6'' netbooks) - they don't offer enough performance to output even some 720p video properly through HDMI. Most recent device used: Asus R051BX netbook. Was about perfect, if not for the 1gb of non-expandable RAM, had to RMA it : (
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2012-06-22 at 10:03 AM.

Can't most tablets do this without a problem?
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-06-22 at 11:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Can't most tablets do this without a problem?
    Most tablets don't have an HDMI out, which makes them absolutely useless for my purposes : (
    The transformer is one of the options, but I would still prefer something more traditional.
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2012-06-23 at 06:56 AM.