Thread: arcane/fire

Deleted

arcane/fire

hey guys,

i dunno if theres a topic about this if there is sorry for that..

I was just wondering what you guys think .. whats better arcane or fire. for like raiding DS and doing heroics.
    Because sometimes i see arcane mages with burst dmg 40k dps and after that normal 30k. i never made that with fire.
    I was arcane in the firelands patch and i had feeling i did better dps then as now. i may be doing something wrong in the fire rotation then.

Thanks.

for dragon soul geared arcane mage, bursting at 40k dps is bad, usually what i see is bethween 70k and 90k depending on rng, and then settling at 40-50k in the end of the fight, as for which is better there really aint that much difference bethween them, but fire while suffers a bit from rng is much more versitile when compared to arcane in DS, though as i've said all patch both specs are viable for every boss, and now with 25% nerf.. arcane seems to be the better choice for fast fights like morchok

What kind of question is this? Frost is the best.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    What kind of question is this? Frost is the best.
    for pvp right?

No who in the heck pvp's? I'm talking about PvE son.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Fire minimally surpasses Arcane's damage in standalone fights, but the fight mechanics in Dragon Soul (multiple mobs and high movement) greatly favor Fire. The only fight that Arcane was generally accepted as top was Spine of Deathwing because of the ridiculous burst you could put on the tendon during the lift phases. With the 25% nerf (probably soon to be 30%) it is largely a joke now so depending on your raid's DPS it might be viable to even go Fire on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmydinner View Post
    Fire minimally surpasses Arcane's damage in standalone fights, but the fight mechanics in Dragon Soul (multiple mobs and high movement) greatly favor Fire. The only fight that Arcane was generally accepted as top was Spine of Deathwing because of the ridiculous burst you could put on the tendon during the lift phases. With the 25% nerf (probably soon to be 30%) it is largely a joke now so depending on your raid's DPS it might be viable to even go Fire on that fight.
    Should be using frost for spine, you save your cold snap for the tendon and blow off about 300k damage in 2 gcds.

Actually less because CS actually will reset in the middle of your GCD
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Fire except for Spine, pretty much.

Should be using frost for spine, you save your cold snap for the tendon and blow off about 300k damage in 2 gcds.
    Actually less because CS actually will reset in the middle of your GCD
    Please stop.
    Frost isn't unviable but it is also far from the best choice.

Pretty sure at this point Mr. Gamdwelf is just trolling to raise his post count or something of the sort.

I'm pointing out that your only choices aren't Arcane and Fire, and Frost is really great on spine, I'd say better than arcane.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm pointing out that your only choices aren't Arcane and Fire, and Frost is really great on spine, I'd say better than arcane.
    His question was "which is better, Arcane or Fire".
    Both perform better than Frost on all boss fights.
    You keep insisting that Frost is actually the best which is misinformation that has nothing to do with his question.

If you want to make a good case for Frost you will have to provide evidence and more importantly do it without obviously made-up rhetoric about how it is actually superior to all other options.
    Because it's not.
    If you insist on lying when trying to make a point nobody is going to bother listening to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmydinner View Post
    With the 25% nerf (probably soon to be 30%) it is largely a joke now so depending on your raid's DPS it might be viable to even go Fire on that fight.
    At this point with the nerfs, as long as your raids tendon and grip dps is fine, and your healers and tanks are prepared for the blood explosions, then fire is a fun way to cheese the meters. It's bloody hilarious to spread combustion to the bloods. Your tanks also have to be careful that new amalgs don't pick up residues too early but that is all that is going on with the stupidly high fire parses on Spine 25HC.