mid level warrior tanking help

Hi all,

Im a re-subber like a lot of people recently coming back to the game im looking for a tanking spec. I have tanked in every game Ive played (wow and swtor).

I am currently level 37 and im looking for tanking spec (and maybe some macros) to get me started and get used to tanking. Any suggestion you guys/gals have would be helpful!

thanks

I found that already I just wasn't sure if it was still playable since it says it was last updated june 2011

but thank you

Everything in it spec and macro wise is perfectly fine for leveling, I use it myself (my warrior is 37 too). A couple of the descriptions for skills are slightly out dated but it's fine to level with, and once you get to 50 there are tons of up to date guides to read

Level 37? Pretty easy. Best bet is: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...thuzV0k.y0R.-6

#1 Ranged Macro
    #show Soul Sickness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Soul Sickness
    cast Necrotic Wounds
    cast Tempered Will

#2 Melee Macro
    #show Aggressive Block
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Plague Bringer
    cast Aggressive Block
    cast Blood Fever
    cast Retaliation
    cast Tempered Will

#3 AE Macro
    #show Cyclone Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Cyclone Strike
    cast Sweeping Strike
    cast Retaliation
    cast Tempered Will

Can actually play this build with 1 macro all the way up to level 50. But I like 3 macros so I can can control what I am doing a little better.

Pull with #1 [pop plague bringer if you want to AE pull], smash #3 twice when mobs are in range, spam #2 until #3 is off CD then go back back to spamming #2. EVery once in a while hit #1 again when Plague Bringer is up to reapply 3 DOTs.

I like to keep Concussion, Incite and Shield Throw off macros for obvious reasons. Not too big a fan of Infestation in non-raid situations, but if you like you can toss it in wherever.

At level 38, sink a sole soul [hehehe] point into Reaver to reach Binding of Death. Give or take a few things you may like such as more armor or block, by level 49 your point spread should be around here-> http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...V0k.y0Rb.Ve.-6
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-06-22 at 03:09 PM.

This is the weirdest turn on that has ever happened to me... lol a girl giving me the run down on how to tank!!

But thank you for the super helpful information! I will be tanking like a boss again soon enough!

fencers you rock!

Thanks, I guess...

I only ever play tanks because I do not like quick death in games.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-06-22 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Cyderhelm left long time ago, don't use that guide. Go over to bluedots.org and use current material.
    http://bluedots.org/content.php?243-tanking_1&
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Quote Originally Posted by Tonystark View Post
    Cyderhelm left long time ago, don't use that guide. Go over to bluedots.org and use current material.
    http://bluedots.org/content.php?243-tanking_1&
    Have you read Ciderhelms guide? It's still perfectly usable... and almost identical to the one you just linked. In fact I wonder how much material was taken from Ciderhelms guide, the are startlingly alike.

Most of Cider's guides hold up provided the player applies a little objective thinking. Cider based his guides, more importantly his information, on sound tanking mechanics that are independent of game. Without looking at exact spec, his guides are as fundamental as can be.

That said, stuff changes. :P