Happy Midsummer!

Time to get sloshed!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought tomorrow was Midsummer? Tonight would be Midsummer's Eve. Either way, now the pain of the heat really begins...
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

We'll be having a big bash here in Minnesota...the "Other Land of the Vikings" lol
    "LET TERROR RAIN!!!" ~ Warcraft III

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't really celebrate Midsummer in Houston, though we do have a concert called Summerfest in early June. I think people in Houston just generally don't want to be outside in Midsummer. This coming Tuesday it's supposed to be 42 Celsius here.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    We don't really celebrate Midsummer in Houston, though we do have a concert called Summerfest in early June. I think people in Houston just generally don't want to be outside in Midsummer. This coming Tuesday it's supposed to be 42 Celsius here.
    Well its kind of a Scandinavian thing isn't it? I know Texas isn't really known for its Scandinavians like Minnesota is.
    "LET TERROR RAIN!!!" ~ Warcraft III

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eothekingslayer View Post
    Well its kind of a Scandinavian thing isn't it? I know Texas isn't really known for its Scandinavians like Minnesota is.
    Nah, we're known for our Czechs and Germans.

Deleted
    Being from the UK I have no clue what midsummer actually is. Plus the fact its not warm atall here. Its pouring it down with rain as I type this. Like it always is. hurrah!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantom06 View Post
    Being from the UK I have no clue what midsummer actually is. Plus the fact its not warm atall here. Its pouring it down with rain as I type this. Like it always is. hurrah!
    There are parts of the UK that do celebrate it.

Deleted
    Happy Midsummer! though we dont celebrate that in holland, or atleast not that i've ever heard of

Deleted
    There are parts of the UK that do celebrate it.
    What is it ? Celebrating the start of the summer ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantom06 View Post
    What is it ? Celebrating the start of the summer ?
    Yeah, it coincides roughly with the Solstice. Since the Solstices, both summer and winter, historically tended to coincide with religious holidays, it was once a way to celebrate Saint John, especially in Cornwall.

Lonely Swede in Norway looking for other lonely swedes to dance around a huge penis symbol, singing about frogs without ears and tails, please : ((((( Och en öl, tack.

Yeah, it coincides roughly with the Solstice. Since the Solstices, both summer and winter, historically tended to coincide with religious holidays, it was once a way to celebrate Saint John, especially in Cornwall.
    In Sweden it pre dates christianity though, "we" celebrated it before we became christians, back then I think it was a day to celebrate things growing and coming to life.

We always celebrate things a day before you in the US btw, xmas etc as well. Not sure why :P

I'm hungover like a champ today, as it should be rofl.

Edit:
    Midsummer day simply refers to the period of time centered upon the summer solstice, but more often refers to specific European celebrations that accompany the actual solstice, or that take place on a day between June 21 and June 24, and the preceding evening. The exact dates vary between different cultures. Midsummer is especially important in the cultures of Scandinavia, Estonia and Latvia where it is the most celebrated holiday apart from Christmas.

Sweden

In modern Sweden, Midsummer's Eve and Midsummer's Day (Midsommarafton and Midsommardagen) were formerly celebrated on 23 June and 24 June, but since 1953 the celebration has been moved to the Friday and Saturday between 19 June and 26 June with the main celebrations taking place on Friday. It is one of the most important holidays of the year in Sweden, and probably the most uniquely Swedish in the way it is celebrated. When Sweden got its National day (6 June), discussions were held about making Midsummer the Swedish national day because of the strong civil celebration on this day.

Raising and dancing around a maypole (majstång or midsommarstång) is an activity that attracts families and many others. Before the maypole is raised, greens and flowers are collected and used to cover the entire pole. People dancing around the pole listen to traditional music and sing songs such as Små grodorna associated with the holiday. Some wear traditional folk costumes or crowns made of wild springs and wildflowers on their heads.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy midsummer to whoever celebrates it. :P

It doesn't exist here, >.>

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    We still celebrate Midsummer? Oh well, glad midsommar (even though I never celebrated it and never will).
    Of course we do! Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Västra Götaland.
    Now that you know, please don't show up in my yard.
    Things is gonna get scary man! :P

I think the Dalarna and Värmland are most into it but I'm from Gothenburg and the west coast celebrate it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    So much Västra Götaland in here.
    haha yup, doesn't seem like people misbehaved too badly here though, only 57 people taken into custody and given how packed with people the west coast is during the summer that is a drop in the sea rofl.

In Gothenburg, it was no worse than a normal weekend, according to Thomas Gorner at the headquarters of the police in Västra Götaland.

- In the rest of the county, it has been far more fuss than usual, we had a special midsummer effort along the west coast and they have had much to do, says Thomas Gorner.

Marstrand, Kungshamn, Smögen and Grebbestad had a lot of cases of drunkenness and a few cases of assault. In Kungshamn there was a mugging at an ATM.

Throughout Västra Götaland 57 people were taken into custody for drunkenness and seven were arrested on suspicion of crimes, including drunken driving.