Thread: Class stories

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Another example would be Kyle Katarn in Dark Forces. In the first mission he is essentially getting the Death Star plans into Rebel hands. Its an exciting mission for Kyle, but one the galaxy will never hear about. And while Luke and the Rebel Forces celebrate the victory, the weak spot would never we known had Kyle not carried out the covert mission.
    Another example:

The plague itself was credited for a tragic historical event, being the cause of death for basically an entire civilization.

Less spoken or thought about are the rats that brought the plague...the silent heroes who stealthily infiltrated the underground caverns and into the cracks of storerooms in the cities. Even less, the fleas that spread it between the rats.

Knights/Warr are the plague, Cons/Inquis are the rats, Smugg/Ops are the fleas.

Bounty Hunters are the looters that avoided the black death, but got rich off the resulting chaos.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me the ia was the most interesting it had its slow moments but it was different than the others overall and full of intrigue etc .9/10
    Next for me would be the bounty hunter i leveld with a friend and went darkside and at times i had him in hysterics with my antics be it gangraped by jawas to brutally beating anyone that irritated me and just a si ran out of steam i reached HOTH not going to spoil it but hoth made the entire story so worthwhile .7/10
    And finally the sith juggernaut typical sith intrigue etc but my companions made it all the more entertaining especially vette and my jedi nympho loon (made herr go darkside ).

Currently playing the trooper enjoying it the story seems pretty straight forward but wil try more eventually .Personnally i think its you that makes the story stand out your actions the fond memories and nightmares of your actions lol.will stick with you evne mroe than any storyline.
    Faith Manages

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sith Warrior is probably my favorite so far. And playing my Marauder as a Light Sided Sith (7k LS / 3K DS) I felt like more of an honorable warlord than a psychotic jackass. The story also sets up the final confrontation much better than any other class I've played. It might be the stereotypical Sith betrayal story that you see coming from a mile away, but the characters and confrontations stuck with me longer. And when you strike that final blow you look up and realize where you are and how far you've come, and as a Light Sided Sith, that you are in way to deep to ever escape. So I kinda viewed my Marauder as a tragic character who, in an effort to free himself of any chains, is now bound to a higher power. I'm sure a Dark Sider would be all over it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    BH story was so good, I leveled 2!

But seriously, it has a pretty good weight to it, even if the hunt feels like it drags on for waaaay too long. I think Mako's companion story is a really nice addition to what you are already doing, people who want to be a darkside BH might not like any of it TBH. It definitely feels designed more around a grey to heavy light side character.

Making all of the dark choices only seems like it would be awkward...especially since only one companion will love you for it while 3 will completely hate you.

yeah i agree with ya right there about BHs and LS/DS. I remember when i first rolled my merc, i wanted my female chiss to be DS, but rolling with Mako made that pretty hard, at best i'd be neutral. by the time i got to ch.3 of the story, i was so into it, i had to roll a powertech, only now i decided, if u cant beat them, might as well join 'em and go LS so i can at least romance mako now on my male cyborg.
    Last edited by Crimsonfiend76; 2012-06-29 at 07:41 PM.

To me, some classes just make more sense to be played light side or dark side, while the non sith or jedi classes would make sense to be played neutral. It is unfortunate that there aren't any rewards for staying neutral though. But from what I hear, they are going to be adding neutral rewards. I leveled my agent to be neutral and just recently decided to go full light side so that I can at least get some rewards until the neutral ones are introduced. And while I leveled my marauder to be dark side, I chose the honorable options and didn't play to be the most twisted individual out there.
    Last edited by Lucretcia; 2012-06-29 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretcia View Post
    To me, some classes just make more sense to be played light side or dark side, while the non sith or jedi classes would make sense to be played neutral. It is unfortunate that there aren't any rewards for staying neutral though. But from what I hear, they are going to be adding neutral rewards. I leveled my agent to be neutral and just recently decided to go full light side so that I can at least get some rewards until the neutral ones are introduced. And while I leveled my marauder to be dark side, I chose the honorable options and didn't play to be the most twisted individual out there.
    I'm still relatively new to the game and still haven't decided on a main but I do have a planned route for the classes alignments and it really bothers me there are no neutral rewards for them. I can see the RP aspect of both light and dark for most classes but the Smuggler and Agent are VERY neutral oriented to me.

The Agent may want to help some people to develop contacts and assets, especially when some of the darkside choices are cruel just for no reason. Yes I'll kill people to get the job done, and yes some of my choices are dark, but he's not a cruel or evil character, he just has to do what he has to do, kinda like Jack Bauer.

The Smuggler I kinda see the same way. I think of him kinda like Mal from Firefly. He'll do some illicit things here and there, break some laws, kill some people that deserve it, but he's not gonna deny kids medicine or treat people like crap for no reason.

The other classes I don't mind as much. BH I can somewhat see similarly but it doesn't seem difficult to slip into darkside. I also thought of making a Jedi Knight who isn't... dark, but sometimes doesn't agree with the Jedi Council, similar to Qui-Gon, unfortunately I have to make him a total jerk most of the time or else he won't get any benefits.

Speaking of this, I have a noob question. Other than having Diplomacy is there a way at 50 to increase light or dark side points after you do you class quests? All I can think of are Flashpoint decisions, is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffon23 View Post
    Speaking of this, I have a noob question. Other than having Diplomacy is there a way at 50 to increase light or dark side points after you do you class quests? All I can think of are Flashpoint decisions, is that it?
    I think some of the dailies may have light/dark decisions. I haven't done them all so I can't say.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I think some of the dailies may have light/dark decisions. I haven't done them all so I can't say.
    I could be forgetting something but I don't think any of the dailies have ls/ds choices. At the very least Corelia and Ilum don't. Rarely do Belsavis so it is possible one of those does.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I could be forgetting something but I don't think any of the dailies have ls/ds choices. At the very least Corelia and Ilum don't. Rarely do Belsavis so it is possible one of those does.
    I think there are some dailies associated with these choices, but most people farm lowbie instances for quick pts.