Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    People are already hating Dead Space 3 for the forced co-op/AI partner reason aswell. I believe the developers already stated that you can still play the singleplayer alone, without an AI following you, yet the hate is still going on.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    People are already hating Dead Space 3 for the forced co-op/AI partner reason aswell. I believe the developers already stated that you can still play the singleplayer alone, without an AI following you, yet the hate is still going on.
    Part of it is that it's VERY difficult to effectively create a horror atmosphere and scare people when you're playing co-op : /

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Like all Resident Evils, so crying about RE5 specifically makes no sense.

Well... I played the PC version, and Sheva had a very good AI, so... I don't know what to say.
    ./shrug. Maybe they tuned her up in the PC version at some point

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't hate resident evil 5 I just had a few issues with it. I actually enjoyed it mostly.

Main reasons
    -Forced CO-OP with a stupid AI that shoots all it's bullets at the feet of enemies
    - Bad inventory system = A rocket launcher takes up the same amount of bag space as a herb. 4's system was much better and they shoulda stuck with it

Gamecube Resident Evil 1 Remake and Resident Evil 0 are perfect, Resident Evil 2 is hella awesome, Nemesis is okay, Code Veronica is meh, 4 is good but not survival-horror, and 5 felt like a chore.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    There was a remake of RE1 to Retcon the original. That was amazing.
    wait, wtf?!?!

oh I didn't own a gamecube, they sucked.

If I knew that in 2002 though, I probably would of bought one, solely for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    What bullshit is this? I loved RE5, the co-op was awesome. The market needs more coop games, dont fucking let it die.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

The general shift away from zombies and horror in recent games is what keeps me from playing this series anymore.

In my opinion, the last good Resident Evil game was Code Veronica (GC remakes aside, they were fun). I really hated the shift away from puzzle solving to the shoot-em-up style that came with 4. Got about 20 minutes into 5 before shutting that off.

I doubt they will ever return to form as the newer style has proven to be immensely popular, but that's how these things go.

Deleted
    Wesker boss fight looked fun to be honest lol.

People didnt like Resident evil 5 because theyve abandoned the survival horror aspect. Its still a pretty good action game but you know, as soon as a game takes a different approach to the gameplay than the players expects it to then all of a sudden its the worst game ever made.

Deleted
    Despite it's minor flaws, it's still in my top 10 for games in last 5 years

Resident Evil 5 doesn't give you 2 million bullets, and I don't know any Resident Evil where you actually have LIMITED bullets. All of them (again, I played from 1-5 and Veronica) offers you more than enough to complete the game on the hardest difficulty.
    What? I didn't talk to anybody who had problems with ammo in RE5. The only gun that could CLAIM to not give much ammo was the Magnum and even that could essentially 1 shot anything anyway when upgraded. And other RE games easily had a limited supply of ammo; maybe not towards the END but newer RE games lose the "oh shit" factor on ammo after like, 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    oh I didn't own a gamecube, they sucked.
    Hahahahaha.....oh you`re serious...

...so apparently being the best multiplayer system of it`s console generation, along with a huge stable of platform exclusive singleplayer titles sucked...because the graphics were worse than the Xbox.

This is some grade-a logic here folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    ./shrug. Maybe they tuned her up in the PC version at some point.
    I never said she was perfect. As far as I know, most AIs have flaws, including enemies AI, so this is not a special case.

Bad inventory system = A rocket launcher takes up the same amount of bag space as a herb. 4's system was much better and they shoulda stuck with it.
    On the other hand, RE5 system allows you to change weapons without pausing the game.

I really hated the shift away from puzzle solving to the shoot-em-up style that came with 4.
    Braid is puzzle solving. Mist is puzzle solving. Resident Evil series is puzzle face rolling.

I didn't talk to anybody who had problems with ammo in RE5.
    I didn't talk to anybody who had problems with ammo in RE series. Old REs have auto aim, even a blind person don't go out of ammo.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a good game, but a bad Resident Evil. Placing the game during the day and in non threatening environments took away the whole feel of the series. Plus they eliminated the survival aspect by giving you more resources than you could possibly ever need. The gorilla Chris look combined with over the top action and an annoying sidekick made the whole game feel ridiculous.

Oh and I almost forgot, they ruined Jill.

I feel RE 5 ruined the series, 6 has taken a couple steps towards the old, but more steps towards the new...I doubt it will be much better.
    Last edited by Shuya82; 2012-06-22 at 10:17 PM.

I think the best way to put it, is

I felt like I was playing Resident Evil (the movie), not Resident Evil (the game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Hahahahaha.....oh you`re serious...

...so apparently being the best multiplayer system of it`s console generation, along with a huge stable of platform exclusive singleplayer titles sucked...because the graphics were worse than the Xbox.

This is some grade-a logic here folks.
    ok mr butt hurt

At that time, I was a playstation player, it's what all my friends played as well, and I was to busy getting laid and getting wasted to get all geeky about it (times have now changed though, back then I thought PC players were bad gamers, man I could be so wrong, but I blame my friends for that, you have to realise that 0 people played PC games at my school).

I've never liked that Xbox, so you have offended me!

Back to the gamecube, I do remember trying it out and hating it.

Sorry you get butt hurt easily.

Now I've grown to realise that consoles just suck and my PS3 is nothing but a blu-ray player.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-06-22 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Because they added a retarded politically correct black AI partner.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said she was perfect. As far as I know, most AIs have flaws, including enemies AI, so this is not a special case.

On the other hand, RE5 system allows you to change weapons without pausing the game.

Braid is puzzle solving. Mist is puzzle solving. Resident Evil series is puzzle face rolling.

I didn't talk to anybody who had problems with ammo in RE series. Old REs have auto aim, even a blind person don't go out of ammo.
    The problem is more that you have a partner at all, takes away from the horror aspect having a buddy with you.

Nice feature, no argument there.

It wasn't that the puzzles were difficult, it was that they forced you to explore, finding all the items and finally being able to see every room in the mansion was a great feeling, nothing like that happens in RE5 it's for all intents and purposes, on the rails.

I don't believe anyone who played the original titles, especially on harder difficulties, could say this. Ammo was always on your mind and you had to explore every room to make sure you had enough, enemies did not drop ammo. If you killed a few zombies that were better off skipping you could actually have to start your whole game over, it was the definition of survival horror.
    Last edited by Shuya82; 2012-06-22 at 10:27 PM.