so how can i make money with JC atm?

I just maxed it out and realized i gotta do dailies to get tokens for plans. This far into the expansion it seems hardly any worth going through the grind getting the plans.

So what else can i do to make gold?

Figure out which cuts have the most profit and buy those first.

Deleted
    http://vilesauctions.blogspot.de/2012/01/ore-shuffle.html
    prospect ores, turn them into jewelry, de it and sell the enchanting mats/enchants. m ake sure to get brilliant inferno ruby >>> reckless ember topaz>> purified demonseye. usually thats the most profitable paterns. afterwards get one for each gemcolor (solid for blue, puissant for green and fractured for yellow) afterwards more red and orange patterns. although it might take some time it will be profitable retrospectivbely since you can simply cut stored gems whenever you learn them and sell the gems afterwards.
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2012-06-22 at 07:22 PM.

Deleted
    what kalp said really. You cna still make money it just depends how mych effort you are prepared to put in, the level of demand and competition on your server. What kalo said is pretty good if you dont have recipes.

Get the Inferno Ruby cuts first. Those are always going to be profitable (assuming you're shuffling) assuming you have the time to babysit your auctions and ensure you're the lowest to market. They also move fast. On Tuesday night you won't be able to keep them on the AH.

Then get Ember Topaz cuts. Then, I guess, Demonseye cuts and Mystic Amberjewel (always some demand there). Check what's selling for decent amounts in your AH. Those cuts are going to be GLACIAL to sell. You'll be lucky if you move more than 5 cuts of anything that isn't red per day.

Skip Ocean Sapphires (may want to make the blue 377 agi stuff depending on prices of Volatile Air) and Dream Emeralds cuts for the most part, you will have to relist rendlessly to be bottom of market and you'll ultimately lose money. Maybe buy one cut of each, just so you can get an extra 75s from vendor trashing them.

Do not EVER sell uncuts. EVER. Even if you aren't in that color market. You do not want to provide your competition with another source of uncut gems. You want to LIMIT their raw supply and/or make it as difficult as you can for them to compete. Buy out all cheap carnelians, multiply the price you see by 3 and if that number is less than what you make from a ruby cut, buy. Buy all the cheap ore you can get your hands on, if there's ore up for 25% less than normal value buy it all.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2012-06-22 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    O dont think that will work for someone who is just newlt leveled unless he is willing to puy in the effort. I dont think its worth it.
    I cnat say exactly but youd have to look at the server, the ore price and competition as well as demand.

Don't forget about the cut cardinal ruby market. It is small, but if you're lucky it is being unmet.

This can be a good place to dump your JPs if you don't know what else to do with them as the cardinal ruby is only 220 JPs

10+ Year Old Account
    All these posts are really useful. Thank you guys, I'll use this on my JC as well. ^_^

Cut orange gems, on my server this still lurking around 1k.

10+ Year Old Account
    One question:
    If a stack of pyrite ore costs approx 37g, and elementium approx 30g = Which is more profitable for prospecting? I mostly disenchant necks and rings, on the side of making gems.

Deleted
    Narc it depends on the price of the vol earth and whether you can use it. This is server dependant. It may also depend on amounts that are available.
    My hunch would be to take the elementium but always have enough pyrite for pyrite specific needs.

I was planning on going JC on my monk for the shuffle but im not too sure how it'd go in mop seeing as some craftables require a BoP Reagent which currently noone knows much about.

Edit: Spirit of Harmony is required for transmuting green gems into blue which may reduce or increase profits.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-06-26 at 05:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't seem to sell the volatile earth, but overall at about 20s per piece. Alot of competition though, and I don't have time to play the AH very efficiently.

Deleted
    as far as i understood it pyrite drops the same gems the only difference being vol earth addition. It was hoarded because people were expecting it to drop epic gems but blizz went another way. Just buy the elementium then.

Lyriok id expect JC still to be the most profitable profession. As you desribed it means the common gems will be worth less and the rare gems worth more, but nothing really changes if everyone is in the same boat. Ofc JCs who can raid will be at an advantage, which seems fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    as far as i understood it pyrite drops the same gems the only difference being vol earth addition. It was hoarded because people were expecting it to drop epic gems but blizz went another way.
    I've prospected plenty of pyrite ore, and it does seem to be just the same as elementium with added volatile earth on top. I never sell the earth. I just use it for the dream of deepholm CD, Hardened elementium bars, and other BC products that can DE into heavenly shards.

I still have a gbank tab full of pyrite....grrr

Plenty of guides up on youtube

Deleted
    Impossibru!