Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    MOAR POWAH!
    Also...my BSOD issues seem to have been resolved. Yay!
    Now that that one instability has been resolved I'm happy to risk another

Edit:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1220962/v...#post_16915399
    Interesting read.
    I'm only on one card for now so not going to go for that. Going to get my 2nd 680 in about 6 months or something. Then I think I'll get this.
    Have you seen any tests on a single 680 gpu?
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-06-23 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    well i have a 570 myself for over a year now, i recommend you buy that, in the beta i didnt go below 50fps (all setting maxed out) even in the finale event
    where i had like 100 people on my screen casting stuff. plus it should be kinda cheap now (only cost me 400 a year ago)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarJames View Post
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti January 25, 2011

GeForce GTX 560 May 17, 2011

??????

was more about the performance ... but yea, the dates are correct, the gtx560 came after the 560ti

I love my 560ti. I don't see any of the issues people have with it. Payed $110 for it used on newegg and it has yet to have a problem. Regardless, I would look at newegg for whatever card you decide to buy.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    I love my 560ti. I don't see any of the issues people have with it. Payed $110 for it used on newegg and it has yet to have a problem. Regardless, I would look at newegg for whatever card you decide to buy.
    I have the same card, bought new in January. The video quality is great. The only problem is the drivers, causing it to freeze up, albeit very infrequently. i would still recommend it though. As far as newegg goes, they may have the best price, but also check amazon. When I built my new machine I ordered about half the parts from newegg and half from amazon, and saved around $150, even after two shipping fees, compared to if I had just ordered everything from newegg.

I should probably upgrade from the pair of N560GTXs I have linked, as is, I'd never consider upgrading 'to' them at this point, even if I had worse. I'd definitely go for something higher end, and, if I didn't have the money, I'd save up toward that 'something better' whatever that ends up being. Still the 1GB GDDR5 on board is nice even now.

But yeah, anyone looking for an upgrade 'now' for GW2? Don't. Save up. Wait until there's a release date, look at the release date, and pick a new card out about a week before that actual release. GW2 isn't coming out in the next month or two, if I'm right, and their recent release noting that they were going to add in more telegraphed abilities from certain bosses/mobs in the Catacombs outright tells me I'm right. That's not a simple thing, and if they're thinking they need it for one of the existing Dungeons "we've actually seen" then I'm going out on a limb and saying that something they'll be adding to all the Dungeons, and possibly to world content - or at least to world bosses. That in addition to all the other changes and additions they've been releasing all say to me, "Not soon" is as good a release date speculation as, "when it's ready" until we hear otherwise.

So.. wait. Save up. Buy when the moment is ripe for the harvesting.

Please DO NOT purchase an nVidia GeForce 560ti when you have a 300 watt power supply! Your system won't start if you place it in your system with that low power! Check the specifications directly from nVidia if you don't believe me:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

You need at least a 550 watt power supply to run that card! Sure it will give you the performance you need but you need the power supply to run it!

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Benchmarks and comparisons have already linked, he's insisting there is no difference between the two. Which is silly.

i wasnt insisting there the same... i just said there close.. close as two peas on a pod... yeah

and also im running 1920x1200 not 1080 p so theres your 10 frames right there
    Last edited by WarJames; 2012-06-24 at 01:51 AM.

Don't get a 560ti(or HD 6950 if you're an AMD fan) if you're planning on not upgrading for a while. Meaning 3-5 years. Pay they extra $100 and get something that will last those 3-5 years and not give you problems in the future. I can see the 560ti having problems running games in the next few years, especially when the next gen consoles come out and console ports on PC actually start stressing our machines.

Also make sure you have a 600W+ PSU.

Get a 570 and you'll be happy for a while.

I personally just purchased my first 7970. Plan on getting another down the road. Needless to say my machine isn't just for GW2.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-06-24 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Don't get a 560ti(or HD 6950 if you're an AMD fan) if you're planning on not upgrading for a while. Meaning 3-5 years. Pay they extra $100 and get something that will last those 3-5 years and not give you problems in the future. I can see the 560ti having problems running games in the next few years, especially when the next gen consoles come out and console ports on PC actually start stressing our machines.

Also make sure you have a 600W+ PSU.

Get a 570 and you'll be happy for a while.

I personally just purchased my first 7970. Plan on getting another down the road. Needless to say my machine isn't just for GW2.
    The 570 isn't going to last much longer than a 560ti. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    <snip>
    If you really want to upgrade a graphics card now and be future ready then dont get something last-gen. Get the gtx600 series or HD 7000 series. Something thats from this generation. Any serious pc gamer will know that the graphics card is typically the most expensive piece of hardware.
    Buying from the older generation hardware is something you do if you're on a tight budget.

The 570 isn't going to last much longer than a 560ti. >.>
    Depends on which version/brand you get. The DCII TOP probably will and is under €300. Heck, I've got one here, still in its original packaging, as good as new, if the op would want to buy a second hand one he should pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by WarJames View Post
    i wasnt insisting there the same... i just said there close.. close as two peas on a pod... yeah

and also im running 1920x1200 not 1080 p so theres your 10 frames right there
    Thats about a 10% increase in pixels which wont do a 10fps difference unless you are already at 100+ fps.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Thats about a 10% increase in pixels which wont do a 10fps difference unless you are already at 100+ fps.
    Don't be crazy. They're basically the same. a 20 FPS difference when you're comparing 10 FPS VS 30 FPS is absolutely nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't, he's talking out of his ass. The 550ti is significantly worse than a 560, and the 560 is significantly worse than the 560ti.
    Wrong.
    I specifically stated that that the EVGA 550 Ti is better than the 560 Ti.
    Hell, even now I'm using an EVGA 9500 GT and it outperforms 200, 300, and some 400 series cards. So no, I know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Wrong.
    That's interesting and all, but it's really not.
    Feel free to link benchmarks that prove otherwise. Or are we just relying on you "knowing what you're talking about"?

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared View Post
    Please DO NOT purchase an nVidia GeForce 560ti when you have a 300 watt power supply! Your system won't start if you place it in your system with that low power! Check the specifications directly from nVidia if you don't believe me:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

You need at least a 550 watt power supply to run that card! Sure it will give you the performance you need but you need the power supply to run it!
    Yep, you need to upgrade your PSU. Be sure to check the specs for whichever card you pick, paying attention to the PSU specs. 300 watts won't power any serious gaming cards out there, even what's considered entry level gaming cards. Make sure your PSU is from a reputable manufacturer; I've heard horror stories about some of the no-name manufacturers. And, yeah, it'd probably be better to go for one of the AMD 7000 series, or nVidia 600 series cards for future card life expectancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Wrong.
    Hell, even now I'm using an EVGA 9500 GT and it outperforms 200, 300, and some 400 series cards. So no, I know what I'm talking about.
    http://ht4u.net/reviews/2011/evga_ge...st/index28.php 560ti is performing at 160% of EVGA 550ti
    http://www.ninjalane.com/reviews/vid...pb/page11.aspx 560ti 1920x1200 60fps, EVGA 550ti 1920x1200 36fps
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/547?vs=541 550ti getting demolished

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    http://ht4u.net/reviews/2011/evga_ge...st/index28.php 560ti is performing at 160% of EVGA 550ti
    http://www.ninjalane.com/reviews/vid...pb/page11.aspx 560ti 1920x1200 60fps, EVGA 550ti 1920x1200 36fps
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/547?vs=541 550ti getting demolished
    I wanted him to search for the benchmarks himself and slowly come to the realization that the stock 560ti was better than the overclocked 550ti that he was bragging about. =(

Ruining my fun..

I wanted him to search for the benchmarks himself and slowly come to the realization that the stock 560ti was better than the overclocked 550ti that he was bragging about. =(

Ruining my fun..
    Oh I'm sorry. Cookie?

OnT: OP should get atleast a 560Ti even that might not be able to run on max settings but should be fine for atleast high.