Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

SOE has the worst login ever???

I don't know about anyone else, but I am really excited for PlanetSide 2. I never played PS1 and I wanted to see which faction I liked the best, and maybe get in an outfit before the game even launches. For the second time I have ever dealt with an SOE game I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's going wrong. I tried to play DC Universe Online, but it gave me this same BS where I "have the wrong username or password" When I ensure Im doing it right. Im not confusing this log in with other games either because for games with log in's I always use 1 of three username, and 1 of 2 passwords. I cant open a support ticket because I cant access an account, and I cant ask on their forums for the same reason. can anyone help me out? Also has anyone else had this problem before?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Caps lock? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's strange. Some MMO developers go out of their way into making it very difficult to create and/or log into a game. Which in turn deters some of their potential player base.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Haha, I don't know if it has gotten better in recent years, but FFXI had the worst login experience ever. Never had an issue with SOE myself.

DCUO seems pretty normal to me...
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I've never had any issues with their launchers.

Can you log into their website? You can submit help tickets from there if you can't seem to get the launcher to work. If you can't...I'm not sure what else you could really do.

My husband and I both had that problem with DC Universe Online several days ago. After a ton of attempts my account finally went through and has been fine since, my husband's never went through. He finally gave in and called their customer support and they were able to fix it very quickly. Overall it was a 5 minute phone call and everything has been working fine since. I usually dread calling any kind of CS but they were surprisingly quick and easy to deal with.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the replies. I guess Ill call them when I have to time... but if its not fixed and I cant play PS2 when it comes out ima slap a bi... biography!

I remember losing my account too, then I tried to create a new one with the same info, but it said the e-mail and username was already taken. I then tried to log in again, couldn't. This repeated for some time until I so mysteriously was able to login with the same username and password I had been trying to log in with for so many times. I don't get it either, it's really stressful and unstable.