Resto question :)

So I'm using Windward Heart and Seal of Seven Signs as my 2 trinkets...both are from normal DS and best in slot says i should use Heart of unliving instead of Seven Signs...just curious about that. Cuz I'm reforged right now for haste. But if i were to take that and reforge it to Mastery or Crit, wouldnt the Haste proc be benificial?
    Last edited by ChristopherD87; 2012-07-01 at 12:53 AM.

Haste is mediocre. More importantly, Seal of the Seven Signs has poor uptime. It's not a very good trinket for us. Not horrible, but far from great. It simply doesn't proc often enough to be more than "meh". Pick up Heart of Unliving if you can, assuming you can get rid of spirit elsewhere. If you've already reforged away all your spirit and don't have mana problems, don't bother; it's only good if you can use the massive spirit on it to reforge away spirit on your other gear.

Overall, healing trinkets have been mostly lousy this whole expansion, so it's not going to make all that much of a difference either way. The only trinkets that have been more than "okay" for their item level are Tsunami, Foul Gift, and Heart of Unliving, of which the first two are less-than-impressive due to their low item levels.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should have so much haste at this point, you will want to be getting rid of some. HoU is also just insanely good, that it's worth losing /some/ Int, to pick up THAT much spirit.

Essentually, you pick up HoU and then reforge out 800 spirit to mastery (or haste if you really want it...).
    Last edited by Irisel; 2012-06-22 at 11:20 PM.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Ok i'll pick up a HoU and use it, now we're starting heroics 3/8 so far...would Mastery be the most benificial reforge most likely then? I'm healing with an Hpal and Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertha View Post
    Ok i'll pick up a HoU and use it, now we're starting heroics 3/8 so far...would Mastery be the most benificial reforge most likely then? I'm healing with an Hpal and Holy Priest
    If your looking for a ~general rule.

Int > ~2500 Spirit with HoU stacks > Mastery > Crit > Haste

Thats a pretty good stat priority to go for in general. At this point in the expansion Mastery is starting to lose value because damage is getting lower and fights are lasting less time (so mana/healing done is less of an issue - a big downside to haste is its mana/healing done ratio). However if you are still progressing then Mastery is 99% your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Int > ~2500 Spirit with HoU stacks > Mastery > Crit > Haste
    Agreed. For the current tier, that's the way to go. You can go a bit higher on spirit - up to around 3000 with HoU fully stacked - but after that spirit is your worst stat and the priority for the rest is as above. If you find yourself needing more mana than that, you're probably doing something else wrong. The difference between haste and crit is fairly small, but crit is generally slightly better. You should have more than enough haste regardless, as it comes on almost every item, so you can safely ignore all haste plateaus.

The guideline for heroic modes is (as it's been most of the expansion) "mastery, mastery, mastery". It's great on every fight in the current tier.

Hm, The seal has a pretty low up time on the haste but I have always prefered it because of the extra int and the added haste is always nice in a pinch. Currently at 1600 spirit, its almost impossible for me to go oom and I have the moto spirit is for the weak xD, so I would definitely not go with heart of the unliving. But every1 has a different play style so if you find your self running oom at all then maybe it would be best for you to take it instead. As your reforging goes, try and get either the 916 haste or 2005 haste break points. In a 25man guild its probably not worth going for the 2005 haste point. So get to 1 of those and then reforge pure mastery which is our best stat atm especially when progressing in hcs wen people are lower hp more often

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    Hm, The seal has a pretty low up time on the haste but I have always prefered it because of the extra int and the added haste is always nice in a pinch. Currently at 1600 spirit, its almost impossible for me to go oom and I have the moto spirit is for the weak xD, so I would definitely not go with heart of the unliving. But every1 has a different play style so if you find your self running oom at all then maybe it would be best for you to take it instead. As your reforging goes, try and get either the 916 haste or 2005 haste break points. In a 25man guild its probably not worth going for the 2005 haste point. So get to 1 of those and then reforge pure mastery which is our best stat atm especially when progressing in hcs wen people are lower hp more often
    What content are you doing? 10/25, normal/hc, number of healers? It's entirely possible to get by with 1600 spirit, but you'll burn through your mana quickly if you go all out. I wouldn't recommend it.

Regarding haste caps, the ~1270 plateau for extra ticks during SWG/BL is worth more than the 2005 cap. One tick of Riptide doesn't make all that much difference, and 916 is impossible to not get at current gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    What content are you doing? 10/25, normal/hc, number of healers? It's entirely possible to get by with 1600 spirit, but you'll burn through your mana quickly if you go all out. I wouldn't recommend it.

Regarding haste caps, the ~1270 plateau for extra ticks during SWG/BL is worth more than the 2005 cap. One tick of Riptide doesn't make all that much difference, and 916 is impossible to not get at current gear levels.
    Currently doing 10 man hc with 2.5 healers. I say 2.5 because 1 of the healers is srsly bad. Ofc doing 1 or 2 healers for fights we can like hagara and ultraxion. But theres so much spare time to cast a lightning bolt I just find its impossible to go oom whilst always by far top of the charts. I always time my mana so it last exactly the length of the fight. If you end a fight with mana left that extra mana is getting wasted right? So why should I get more spirit which will reduce my output when I already have enough mana.
    To tell you the truth, the last time I went with a high spirit build I went oom probably because I just didnt watch my mana as much unintetionally, well IDK. Not doing that again lol.

Back on topic, I completely agree you saying that you need to reach the 1270 point, I didnt mention it in my last post because I couldnt remember what the numbers were
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-06-23 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I run, and it's pretty faithful is...

Int > Spirit ~2700 (including HoU stacks) > Haste = 2005 breakpoint > Mastery > Crit > any other Spirit > any other Haste

With Telluric Currents.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.