10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Ragnaros, after 4.3.

So my guild finally cleared H Dragonsoul and we're looking at things to do on our last raid day. One idea was H Ragnaros, who we didn't touch during 4.2 (I wasn't even a part of this guild during Firelands, peroid). We know that we can blow through the other 6 bosses with ease, but how bad is Heroic Rag after all the nerfs and in Heroic DS gear? Is it something that we could probably do in a night or 2? (Some of the raiders have experience with the fight)

Thanks

It's still unforgiving, don't expect to blaze (see what I did there?) through it with ease because you won't. Look up tactics like normal and then attempt it, the biggest problem will likely be handling dreadflame and the sons of flame. If you get them sorted then you will be fine in other aspects, make sure you don't have someone who's inexperienced doing traps, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, one of our Mages has killed him on Heroic before, and has experience with traps. So I don't think that'll pose a problem. But yeah, I'm sure the mechanics are still no joke even with our gear.

You pretty much still have to follow the mechanics correctly, and even with H Dragon Soul gear, one Son touches the hammer, no one will survive still. But post 4.3, they actually nerfed Phase 4 of the fight. Back in 4.2, you had do to a triforce style arrangement in the Breadths of Frost to prevent a Magma Geyser from going off, which would pretty much be a raid wiper.

However, that mechanic has been removed, so you can stack in Breadths all you please without worrying about geysers. Good luck!

Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear... They cannot fear...

It's quite easy, but it's like Sinestra in 4.2. You need to know the tact and still play very smart.
    Shuttle of Illidan

As long as you know the mechanics its easy. We push p4 almost immediately after the meteor spawns.

Compared to what he was, he's super easy. Simply overgearing him has vastly nerfed the difficulty of the DPS and healing checks, and the positional check of the final phase is totally gone, now that magma geyser has been removed. That said, like Sinestra, he can still wipe you in short order if somebody screws up. Getting only one meteor before the final phase still generally demands saving cooldowns and having everybody alive (at least in a 10man) to burn in P3, though sufficiently good players can 9-man it to one meteor.

A crappy comp could have trouble aoeing the seeds. Disorganized players with no experience on the boss could easily screw up the transition phases (especially the second transition).

Basically, he's tougher than the majority of Dragon Soul bosses are now, but that's not necessarily saying much if your players are decent.

Have killed it in pugs in under 5-10 attempts when 5-8+ people had never seen the fight before.

If you are playing with smart people, and at least one person can explain the fight decently well, it is pretty easy.

As it has been said before, the fight is a complete joke compared to what it was during 4.2. All you really need now is for tanks to be able to taunt properly in phase 4 and for someone to just make an attempt and clearing out the dreadflame. P1 is cake. Even if you derp in p2, most of the time the healers should be able to heal through most of the damage. P3 is silly. Phase transitions are a ton easier than they used to be. Since p4 is new to you, it will probably give you some problems, but as long as your tanks can taunt into roots, it shouldn't be much of an issue.

You said some of the raiders have experience with the fight which will help immensely as long as they can explain it, but if they can't and your RL doesn't know anything about the fight then it could go poorly until you do some research.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as your tanks know when to taunt, you will do it in one night. If your tanks can't seem to grasp that mechanic, you're doomed to wipe on it for a weeks (like I did).

10+ Year Old Account
    Follow the tactics to the letter and your top raiding force should have no trouble melting the Fire Lord.

But I do mean follow the tactics. Nerf does not mean room for error. It means more deeps, a bit more healing and longer lasting tanks.
    Oneshots are still one shots. Fire still overwhelms after time. You must perform correctly.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Phase 1-3 is a complete joke. Phase 4 poses some difficulty if you are new to it. I've killed H:Rag quite a few times now and I still have no clue what's going on in Phase 4.

Adds hitting the hammer during transitions is by far the biggest risk of wipe in DS gear. It needs quite high level of planning and coordination to get all of those down in time. Also in 10-man you cant have any mistakes with people getting swept away by waves.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

raggy hc? just get 10 DKs and do it ;D healers and tactics are overrated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zwalker19 View Post
    Hai chris!!!
    that isnt chris

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can move from World in Flames its pretty much a kill. P3 dps isn't a concern, P4 geysers were removed, we can 8-9 man this now (whilst boosting a dead player) in 10man. All you really have to do is control the sons of flames, move from other types of fire, and not run the meteor thru people. I can be 1 healed (holy pally ftw) but would advise a druid or priest OH. Feral tanks make the DPS easier, but anything will do. Hunters do our best DPS, but a good rogue is close. Take 2 mages if you can, 1 as arcane for burst and 3% dmg buff, 1 as fire for dps whilst dousing (and 2 for traps).

25man; dont know, the AOE that was needed in t12 is still there, but with fire mages being viable, and T13 gear id imagine most 25man DS guilds could meet that requirement now.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Driram View Post
    It's quite easy, but it's like Sinestra in 4.2. You need to know the tact and still play very smart.

Sinestra is still WAYY harder if you ask me.